*****The Official Rangers v Dundee Match Thread*****

Always wary of Dundee, they were our bogey team in the early 80's I seem to remember. Anyway I think they'll score against us but Gers to win 3-1 Miller, Harry & Tav. Get right intake them Rangers. 

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

This game calls for an all day session, I'll risk the fear tomorrow.

I have already had a fizzy Vimto or 2, wife thinks we are going shopping :lol:. My advice to you is get in there.

I'm very excited about this match. So much so, it's been a long time since I've felt similarly. I think most of us will feel the same and it will make for an awesome atmosphere.

Since I got up, I can feel so much adrenaline pumping through my system that I reckon I could sprint for the full 90 minutes. 

I'm not cup-tied Mr Warburton, should you need a ball-winning midfielder. 

Ray McKinnon hints at a warning because Dundee don't sit back, but I reckon that plays into our hands every bit as much as it suits them, if not in fact more.

Ray McKinnon believes Dundee will pose an “interesting” test for Rangers today in the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup – and he’s told Ibrox boss Mark Warburton exactly that.

McKinnon took his Raith Rovers side to Govan on Tuesday night and while they gave a good account of themselves, they could not prevent the Championship league leaders from winning 2-0.

The following evening, Paul Hartley’s Dark Blues made their own visit to Glasgow to face Premiership pace-setters Celtic and came away from Parkhead with a point and plenty of plaudits.

McKinnon believes that result shows Rangers will definitely not have it their all their own way against a Dundee side which poses a potent triple attacking threat in Greg Stewart, Rory Loy and this season’s 20-goal hitman Kane Hemmings.

The Stark’s Park boss said: “I believe Dundee could have won the game against Celtic on Wednesday night.

“To go there and put on that kind of performance against Celtic, I can’t see any reason why they can’t do it against Rangers.

“I think this is the big test for Rangers, to see where they are.

“It’s OK dominating teams like Kilmarnock and Raith Rovers and St Mirren, and playing that brand of football, but when you come up against a good Premiership team like Dundee, with good attacking players, it’s different.

“The three players up top for Dundee will be key to stemming Rangers’ total domination. When the opposition have got three players that good up front, who can hurt you, it’s a different story.

“I told Mark Warburton the other night I thought this was a really interesting test for Rangers this weekend.

“I don’t think Dundee will sit as deep as St Johnstone did (in September’s League Cup tie) and hit on the counter. I think they’ll try to get territory and play.”

McKinnon will have important business of his own to take care of while the quarter-final is on, preparing his side for a vital league game against St Mirren.

However, he admitted he wishes he could also watch what he thinks should be an intriguing contest – although the former Dundee United midfielder would not be drawn on who he thinks will ultimately come out on top.

He said: “I wish I could see the game, I really do, because it would be interesting to see where Rangers are.

“They’re very, very good at dominating the ball and they go down one side and flood that side and play from there. That’s how they got their goals against us.

“It would be really interesting to see where they are defensively against a side with good, talented players, who can score goals, who are a threat and who are confident.

“I think Dundee have got a right good chance.

“The three of them up front can hold the ball and if Gary Harkins is playing he can open them up.

“It’s an intriguing game. What do Rangers do? Do they change their style? I can’t see it, that’s Mark’s philosophy.

“He’ll just go for it and if he does that I think Dundee can hurt them.

“This will be a real test for Rangers because I don’t think they’ll get the territory advantage that a lot of teams give them, and like we did the other night.

“Dundee will play their normal game and have as much of the ball as possible.

“I think it’s all to play for, definitely.”

GRRRR!

GET FUCKING INTAE THEM!!!!

I hope to fuck we do the bouncy today, because I'm absolutely bouncing already!

Strangely nervous for this one.

St J game I was full of optimism expecting a victory.

Killie I was a bit meh about it probably because I always expected us to come out on top anyway. 

Dundee not to sure tbh. A lot has been made about their front 3 but in all honesty looking at the stats they ain't that effective. Especially away from home. Just not too sure how it'll pan out. If we had Ohallaron king and waggy I'd say we would win comfortably but pinning our hopes on Clark?

Hopefully a good result today. I think the bookies have got it wrong with the odds for Dundee the day. I think 4/1 for them being the premier league team is massive. Need to play a lot better than we have the last few weeks. MOH is a big miss for today

It maybe that Dundee will play at a quicker tempo than previous opponents. This will ensure that we up our passing and movement tempo to the levels seen earlier in the season. I think playing against opposition that believe they can win by playing a pressing game higher up the pitch suits us. This could be the game we've been waiting for and the type of match this Rangers squad has been designed for. Might be i'm viewing things through rose tinted glasses but i make no apologies for that. Good times at last. Don't miss a second of it.   

I feel like our best chance of winning would be to play:

- Foderingham -

- Tavernier - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace -

- Ball - Haliday -

- Holt -

- Forrester -                          - McKay -

- Miller -

Without Waghorn, O'Halloran and King it's always going to be an uphill struggle. Relying on Miller to score goals on his shot to goal ratio this season is a worrying prospect, and you can never rely on Clark to score goals. He just pops up with the odd one from being in the right place at the right time. We just have to keep possession and frustrate them, Shiels is really the only sub that I could really hope to make an impact.

3 minutes ago, aitch12 said:

It maybe that Dundee will play at a quicker tempo than previous opponents. This will ensure that we up our passing and movement tempo to the levels seen earlier in the season. I think playing against opposition that believe they can win by playing a pressing game higher up the pitch suits us. This could be the game we've been waiting for and the type of match this Rangers squad has been designed for. Might be i'm viewing things through rose tinted glasses but i make no apologies for that. Good times at last. Don't miss a second of it.   

I feel the same way. This game could see us playing brilliantly.

7 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I feel like our best chance of winning would be to play:

- Foderingham -

- Tavernier - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace -

- Ball - Haliday -

- Holt -

- Forrester -                          - McKay -

- Miller -

Without Waghorn, O'Halloran and King it's always going to be an uphill struggle. Relying on Miller to score goals on his shot to goal ratio this season is a worrying prospect, and you can never rely on Clark to score goals. He just pops up with the odd one from being in the right place at the right time. We just have to keep possession and frustrate them, Shiels is really the only sub that I could really hope to make an impact.

I think Clark will start and ball will be on the bench, with Forrester in the middle.