Old Firm fallout: Police reveal domestic abuse incidents soared in wake of Celtic and Rangers clash

WATP-FOREVER

Heard a social worker I know say that about known domestic abusers being incarcerated over day of match.  Fucking nuts.  We know how gutting it can be to lose an old firm but these cunts who then go on to be violent towards their wife, kids etc, because of a result need put down.  Fucking scum 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect this was a problem which was never going to affect us. 

And all along it was more to do with the celic orientated. 

So in the interests of justiice, integrity, fairplay and objectivity would love to see the relevant figures for what happened after cellic beat us on the 1st February 2015 when we were at our lowest and debatedly most angry.

You just know they would be barely a blip on the horizon. 

This is a problem specific to our east end neighbours and you just know the police saw it coming. 

So why was no pre-emptive action taken in many cases by the police to focus on these "cellic supporting" abusers to prevent this happening ? 

The police have not only let themselves down here, but also appear to have failed to prevent  a lot of subsequent victims of this cellic minded abuse to be hurt and injured. 

In a week where police negligence and subsequent whitewashing by the South Yorkshire police at the time of the Hillsborough disaster has been confirmed and admitted, I find this lack of police inaction in protecting innocent victims from violence to be equally henious. 

The police authorities in Glasgow should be ashamed of this, and in my opinion be taken to task,

They saw it coming, and failed to prevent it.

Bastards.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Get this shite to the OT, spousal abuse is totally unrelated to football regardless of the spurious connections made by the Scottish media.

No.

The police have categorically stated that the incidences of domestic abuse increased after cellic were beaten in a football match. 

This indicates to me that cellic supporters are a known problem when it comes to domestic abuse. 

It also suggests the po,lice were lenient in their action against these cellic supporters as they knew it was going to happen and failed to prevent innocent victims being hurt. 

This tells me that the police failed in their duty to protect innocent victims of abuse from abusive cellic fans. 

So we have two known problems.

1) Cellic fans cause domestic abuse.

2) The police failed to protect these victims from abuse. 

As i said before it is fucking disgraceful the police are not preventing these cellic fans from causing domestic abuse. 

If the police believe these issues relate to Rangers fans then why did they not mention it after we lost to cellic last year ? I believe quite simply the statistics would show otherwise. 

Greatest fans in the world ? Apparently the Scottish police have been hoodwinked too. 

Well this is interesting. 

Amazingly instead of focusing on the total failure of Police Scotland's take the abuser out of the house carry on there is still a 43% rise. 

None last year but. 

Focus on the working class sport of football and blame the drink. 

Never any stats for when rugby teams get beat or play each other but? Nope. 

Demonise football, fuel the hatred, have an inquiry, demonise football again, sell papers, blame football

4 hours ago, Gillete said:

Other countries embrace their biggest Derby or club game 

this country tries to blame every bit of negativity & Law breaking on ours

the media are selling papers off it  , bloggers and social media users will debate, abuse & point fingers 

it will never change now as there's too much hatred 

Spot on mate

It's an industry in itself now with papers, politicians, social crusader agencies, and police all looking to capitalise on the opportunities it creates.

Football is related to domestic abuse. Nope, people get too fucking drunk and use the football as an excuse for all kinds of shite. I remember reading not so long ago about an arsehole who murdered a Rangers supporter because he wanted the boy's baby to grow up a Celtic fan. The boy was going out with the prick's niece. As usual the papers led with the Old Firm headline but the guy had previous for such violence as is nearly always the case and was obviously looking for a reason to act the hard man with the young guy. No doubt with a drink in him and being a bully he would have found another reason to start if football wasn't on offer. It's the sort of incident that causes me grief because you just wouldn't expect an uncle in law to take things that far even if you know he's a dodgy prick. The boy was in his own house with his girlfriend and so had no chance to take evasive action or to just cosh the cunt with it being her uncle. Would be easy to blame Celtic supporters but the truth is that neither teams or supporters are to blame for this type of thing.  

It's the same with this domestic abuse nonsense. The papers and police shouldn't be allowed to come out with such simplistic nonsense and should be forced to acknowledge the real underlying causes. Anybody will know that the same people will have done the same when football is not on.

This crap and similar negative headlines must be causing some sort of damage to Rangers. Even if it's just putting parents off letting their kids go to our matches it's the last thing we need. It's almost as if they want to destroy the reputation of our national sport just for the sake of headlines and doing the Big-I-Am.

Some sort of action will end up needing to be taken because it grows arms and legs outside of Scotland with people believing the West of Scotland is some sort of living hell. An old girlfriend of mine in Birmingham actually asked me if I was religious when I told her I was a Rangers fan and a bunch of Irish guys got a bit interrogative with me for the same thing on holiday. So the use of the Old Firm for their own ends by these organisations can actually put people in danger because outsiders don't know so much of it is bollocks.

When you look at the real problems in the country, such as heroin use, homelessness, and knife crime and see so many attempting to amplify the significance of a football match it really does make me think that Scotland is full of poor leaders who would really struggle in the real world if we we're independent. You just get the feeling that our economy could be struggling and our politicians would be running around highlighting sectarianism at football or crusading against gang culture. It's immature, parochial, and embarrassing as fuck to give such significance to things like football. Were else on earth could a couple of sports team managers get dragged up in front of a country's leader for pushing each other.

The fuckers need to stop it as we want to be ready to embrace any opportunities that open up in European football in the future and this sort of pish could stop us being invited.   

I tend to agree that this is a much worse problem amongst the Irish immigrant community. But the Police/Liars will continue to ignore it and pretend that "both sides is as bad as each other". 

By not addressing the cultural/religious undertones of such criminal behaviour, the Police/Liars are complicit. They refuse to tackle the problem at source because they are carefully, meticulously programmed to believe that the Irish immigrant community is made up entirely of "innocent, oppressed, socially disadvantaged victims".

Just as the Police/Liars in England were programmed to believe that the Pakistani/Arabic community were incapable of wrong doing and subsequently left them to abuse young White girls "on an industrial scale".

The sad truth is that in the UK, the Police have been transformed into a wholly untrustworthy, politically motivated revenue collection agency for the equally corrupt, self-interested, treacherous and inherently dishonest political classes. 

Poor auld Bernadette will just have to take her lumps. Plod won't lay a finger on Declan the wife beater. Wouldn't be Politically Correct, know whadda mean?

16 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I tend to agree that this is a much worse problem amongst the Irish immigrant community. But the Police/Liars will continue to ignore it and pretend that "both sides is as bad as each other". 

By not addressing the cultural/religious undertones of such criminal behaviour, the Police/Liars are complicit. They refuse to tackle the problem at source because they are carefully, meticulously programmed to believe that the Irish immigrant community is made up entirely of "innocent, oppressed, socially disadvantaged victims".

Just as the Police/Liars in England were programmed to believe that the Pakistani/Arabic community were incapable of wrong doing and subsequently left them to abuse young White girls "on an industrial scale".

The sad truth is that in the UK, the Police have been transformed into a wholly untrustworthy, politically motivated revenue collection agency for the equally corrupt, self-interested, treacherous and inherently dishonest political classes. 

Poor auld Bernadette will just have to take her lumps. Plod won't lay a finger on Declan the wife beater. Wouldn't be Politically Correct, know whadda mean?

My position would be that in this day and age Bernadette doesn't need to take this shite from Declan. With there being plenty of organisations there to guide and help her to set up on her own and this goes for any female in an abusive relationship.