Boss Dismisses Everton Link

RFC55

24 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

More west of scotland fiction. The English Daily Telegraph doesn't even have him in their top ten and even has Stubbs!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/21/what-next-for-everton-ten-candidates-to-replace-roberto-martinez/

Such an appointment would undoubtedly be a gamble, however, with Klinsmann never having had to operate at a club of Everton’s stature during a career at Germany, Bayern Munich and now America.

Klinsmann has managed Bayern Munich but he's "never had to operate at a club of Everton's stature"

The English media :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Klinsmann has managed Bayern Munich but he's "never had to operate at a club of Everton's stature"

The English media :lol:

The worrying thing is, some actually believe that shit :lol:

31 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Perhaps it might not be money that would tempt him South or to Europe - he may have made a pound or 10 from his financial career.    Perhaps it might not even be about managing an EPL side that makes its way season after season in the EPL but does nothing special.  Sure the money is good.  Sure you can attract better players because of the money.    But how many times can teams do a Leicester?

But at Rangers maybe - just maybe - there is the chance to do a Leicester in a European competition.  To forge a team on a relatively low budget (by EPL or even Championship financial standards) capable of reaching a European final.  Now that would be real ambition.  Not just settling for managing a middling EPL outfit for a period time then punditry on the tellie.   A European ambition is capable of being realised at Rangers.   And with the worldwide Support Rangers has achieving that sort of football ambition is the stuff where your status as a legend stretches way beyond a football management career and way beyond the boundaries of football itself.    Wonder if that's the sort of ambition that drives MW and DW or is that a stretch too far?   If it is there is no better club in Britain to go for that sort of goal.

It's something like that--that will net him a "big" job.

46 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

How niaive

Is it naive to think that a football manager with little or no actual managerial achievements (certainly none that are going to attract the attention of a top 10 EPL side) is not gonna be head hunted when there are guys out there who have a better CV?

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He's the best manager in the country, and at the best club in the country - it is well known that he is a Spurs supporter, and the Spurs manager has just signed up till 2021 - so he'll not be moving off for there anytime soon.  When his time is up, which will be 2, 3 or 4 more seasons, then SDW will be more than capable to keep the momentum going.

For me the present time and the future is great to be a Rangers supporter.

WATP

With the way our defence has been playing all season, I would not want Weir as manager. Maybe he can improve things next year and I will change my mind. Look what happened the last time we had a great player step up from assistant to manager.

On 1 May 2016 at 6:54 AM, one55 said:

i don't think warburton will go anywhere even if it meant more money. i think the idea of rebuilding our team, implementing a good style of football, good scouting system, and getting us back where we belong is what he wants to do. if he was in it for the money he'd have stayed in england.

I think Warburton realises he can take charge at Rangers, have total control and experiment while he learns. From youths to singing policy. 

Her striggle to to get that at a Premiership club given his lack of top flight experience. I think he'll be here for 2 more years before heading south. 

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Is it naive to think that a football manager with little or no actual managerial achievements (certainly none that are going to attract the attention of a top 10 EPL side) is not gonna be head hunted when there are guys out there who have a better CV?

Why are you asking me that?

I believe he felt honoured to be given the chance at Rangers and he will not betray the faith the board has placed in him. . As such he'll at least see his contract out. The club and the fans are now pulling together in the same direction. As the song said at the start of the season "when we get promoted we'll go for 55". Well the juggernaut that is Rangers is rolling on with Warburton at the helm. Good times, savour every second

12 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I presume you mean, Naive?  And if that's the case I spent over 40 years of my adult life in football management being "Niaive". :P:pipe:

So you've obviously no connection with the modern game then 

2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

With the way our defence has been playing all season, I would not want Weir as manager. Maybe he can improve things next year and I will change my mind. Look what happened the last time we had a great player step up from assistant to manager.

Disagree there mate - SDW is no cheeky chap - he's a 100% professional character - they'd be no kicking footballs at the managers arse with SDW about - can't say the same for ally.

9 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

So you've obviously no connection with the modern game then 

Not in management for the past 5 years,Al when I had to retire due to being diagnosed with serious cancer :pipe: I think approaching 69 years is a bit late for me to make a comeback, although I am well aware of how 'Modern Football' operates and that the word "Impossible" is not a word used when it comes to player/manager movements.

However, I'm 99.9% sure that Mark Warburton will be manager of Rangers at least until his contract expires, no matter what the media says.

3 hours ago, theiconicman said:

I think Warburton realises he can take charge at Rangers, have total control and experiment while he learns. From youths to singing policy. 

Her striggle to to get that at a Premiership club given his lack of top flight experience. I think he'll be here for 2 more years before heading south. 

This is where I hope MW gains a huge enjoyment from the job. I assume he has more or less complete control within budgetary limits. It's something he may not get elsewhere even when offered a better paid job.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Disagree there mate - SDW is no cheeky chap - he's a 100% professional character - they'd be no kicking footballs at the managers arse with SDW about - can't say the same for ally.

He may be a professional but so are our defenders and look at the state of them. If he can't sort out a defence, how can he manage a full team.

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

He may be a professional but so are our defenders and look at the state of them. If he can't sort out a defence, how can he manage a full team.

I'd judge him on at least two seasons - and again, there a mile difference between SDW & ally.

Not sure how I feel about MW being described as a 'shock' candidate to replace anyone! The press have linked him with practically every bloody job going so it is hardly a shock. Anyone would think they wanted to see the back of him up here ;)

Fact is, and as the manager himself says, if players or managers are doing well people will show an interest. MW is one of the most highly rated 'young' British managers, but he is still inexperienced at a high level. The more success he has with us, the more people will take notice and his reputation will rise. 

It is naive to think he will be with us forever. The next year will be really interesting for him and us on and off the park, back where we belong and with tougher matches. I personally think he will at least see out his contract with us, as that seems to be how he operates and he appears to be a man of integrity. He is good match for our club and the way we have historically operated. Long may it continue. 

51 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Because you claimed it was naive to think he'd see out his contract.

Eh could you go back and find where I said that. I Said it would be naive to think he would stay if he was offered a good job in the EPL tripling his wages. I also said it would be unlikely he would be offered a role, he's not exatly achieved anything yet to warrant it 

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Eh could you go back and find where I said that. I Said it would be naive to think he would stay if he was offered a good job in the EPL tripling his wages. I also said it would be unlikely he would be offered a role, he's not exatly achieved anything yet to warrant it 

Apart from the Spurs job, I don't see anything taking him away before the end of his contract. Money is not the carrot to him; he already has more than most of us can dream about. What he also has, unlike most in football, is integrity.

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Not in management for the past 5 years,Al when I had to retire due to being diagnosed with serious cancer :pipe: I think approaching 69 years is a bit late for me to make a comeback, although I am well aware of how 'Modern Football' operates and that the word "Impossible" is not a word used when it comes to player/manager movements.

However, I'm 99.9% sure that Mark Warburton will be manager of Rangers at least until his contract expires, no matter what the media says.

ffs mate.  Hope you are living well having beat that awful disease.  All the best (tu)

1 minute ago, delamonty said:

ffs mate.  Hope you are living well having beat that awful disease.  All the best (tu)

G'day mate!(tu) I was given approximately 3 months to live but i told the surgeon that wasn't an option, so to fight it I lost around 23-25 kilo of weight in 53 days to fight it. Now 6 years later I'm still supporting the greatest club on the planet :21: I reckon I've beat it. :pipe:

I can't see any other likely scenario than him being here for at least another two years.

If we happen to win the league and so get a shot at the champs league the following season, then surely to goodness he'll want a shot at that. 

If we happen to be a bit mince next season and end up mid table or something then EPL teams are unlikely to be queueing up for him, so he'll want to stay another season to have another crack at winning the league. 

The only way I could see him going sooner would be if by some magic (hat) we stormed through the europa league next season, then aye maybe a club in England that would be attractive to him might want to take a punt on him. But realistically this probably isn't going to happen. 

I think it's probably reasonable to assume he won't be here long term though. He obviously has ambitions for the top in England, and if he progresses the way he is now he might get opportunity at some point down the line. If he manages to win us the league in the next year or two nobody could blame him for taking a top job in England.