Boss Dismisses Everton Link

RFC55

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

I think Warburton will want to complete his contract here at the very least.

If premier league sides do come calling then it's so tough for the club to compete , financially the difference is ridiculous . That said I think , understandably he's incredibly happy here . 

Currently Rangers and Mark are a perfect match for each other.

The fabric of the epl with the 'star' ethic of its players is at odds with the 'team' and 'work' ethic  central to Warburton's system.

Warbs does not yet have enough experience to successfully integrate 'star' mentality players so prevelent in the epl into his teams, and his system needs tested in europe.

I think he knows he's not ready for the epl and why another 5 years at Rangers winning the spfl and implementing his system in europe is perfect for him and us.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton has brushed off a newspaper report that he is of interest to Everton

The Scottish Sun reported on Sunday that the Toffees had put Warburton on a short-list to succeed current under-pressure boss Roberto Martinez.

Speaking after his side's final Scottish Championship game of the season at St Mirren, Warburton, who has rubbished every previous report linking him to other clubs, asked: "Who is it this time?

"I can't stop that. It will be Barcelona and Real Madrid next.

"The only time you get linked to big clubs is when the players are doing well. It's as simple as that. If you lose 12 on the spin you won't be linked with any jobs.

"Don't forget they won the league convincingly, they won the Petrofac and beat Celtic in the semi-final and have reached a domestic final. It's all credit to the players."

Gers will head south of the border to take on a Tottenham line-up in a behind-closed-doors game on May 11 to prepare for their Scottish Cup final clash with Hibernian on May 21.

Ah, ah but, but, but, he's not said he's staying.

Give the media nothing and let them make shit  upand look stupid, they're  doing as much as they can to make a story out of MW effectively saying nothing.

Take Rangers to the last 16 of the champions league and premiership sides will come calling, until then its just flogging papers to terrified tarriers who desperately want Warburton to leave, they know he's building something special at our club.

Its been their new comfort blanket since the "aye but it wiz close" one wore thin.

Can't remember the exact words but in the interview after the game he was asked if he'd be here next season and I'm sure the first thing he said was ' absolutely ' before going on about how flattering it all is. 

He's always said this is an ongoing project and about continuos improvement , the only way I think he will not see out his 3 year deal is if the board don't back him financially to let him carry out that improvement , which I don't see happening. Honestly feel he'll see out the 3 years and , hopefully , more . 

20 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

But the Bees sacked him at the end of last season

No they didn't, he chose to leave because they were instituting a system which meant he wouldn't have control over recruitment and since the Sun couldn't even get that right which could have been accomplished in seconds on google I don't give the rest of it any credibility.  As for Mark Warburton such stories are never ending.

On 10 February 2015, an article in The Times claimed Warburton would be replaced as manager at the end of the 2014–15season.  A week later, a club statement confirmed that Warburton, assistant David Weir and Sporting Director Frank McParland would be leaving Brentford at the end of the 2014–15 season, citing the trio's differences with owner Matthew Benham's anticipated remodelling of the club's management structure, which would include recruitment being based on mathematical modelling and statistics allied to normal scouting methods.

The Hounslow Chronicle later dubbed the saga "Warburtongate".  Ahead of Brentford's playoff campaign in May 2015, Warburton revealed the truth about his departure, saying "I think the manager has to pick the team and have the final say, in my opinion.

I think there's going to be a much greater emphasis on mathematical modelling than currently.  There are certain aspects which I think have worked well at this football club, but Matthew's the owner and the board have made a decision".

Between the outbreak of the news and the end of the 2014–15 season, Warburton was linked with the managerial jobs at Leicester City, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers, Villa, Derby County, Newcastle United, Leeds United and Norwich City. 

If the team does well next season especially if that included a good Euro run those type of stories will go into overdrive.

some have to remember that warburton left his job as a trader with a 6 figure sum salary to go pump balls up at Watford and drive youth team around in a minibus just so he could get his foot in the door.

At the end of the day if he's offered a job in the EPL at a half decent club that will triple his wages he will be off. Personally though I don't think he's proved himself to be at that level yet so I doubt he will get offered anything this close season.

I have to laugh at the fiction some of these cunts make up just to try and flog a story, instead of sticking to fact; The fact is Mark Warburton is on a 3 year contract. It's a fact Mark Warburton will not break a contract when he has said several times he has a job to finish at Ibrox. It's a fact that IF circumstances decreed that any club was given permission to speak to Mark Warburton then they better be ready to pay Rangers a big fucking bucket of dosh in compensation.

It's also a fact that these tarrier cunts in the media are absolutely shitting themselves that a massive juggernaut is coming to get them very soon.

Mark Warburton/Rangers;  the best laxative of constipation for the Scottish Media and scummy clubs. :pipe:

He's the best manager in the country, and at the best club in the country - it is well known that he is a Spurs supporter, and the Spurs manager has just signed up till 2021 - so he'll not be moving off for there anytime soon.  When his time is up, which will be 2, 3 or 4 more seasons, then SDW will be more than capable to keep the momentum going.

For me the present time and the future is great to be a Rangers supporter.

WATP

I think MW considers it a personal challenge to knock Celtic off their perch. He'll be here for at least another two seasons.

But ultimately he will move on like all other managers before him. The Board should always have an eye out for the successor.

50 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I have to laugh at the fiction some of these cunts make up just to try and flog a story, instead of sticking to fact; The fact is Mark Warburton is on a 3 year contract. It's a fact Mark Warburton will not break a contract when he has said several times he has a job to finish at Ibrox. It's a fact that IF circumstances decreed that any club was given permission to speak to Mark Warburton then they better be ready to pay Rangers a big fucking bucket of dosh in compensation.

It's also a fact that these tarrier cunts in the media are absolutely shitting themselves that a massive juggernaut is coming to get them very soon.

Mark Warburton/Rangers;  the best laxative of constipation for the Scottish Media and scummy clubs. :pipe:

How niaive

Perhaps it might not be money that would tempt him South or to Europe - he may have made a pound or 10 from his financial career.    Perhaps it might not even be about managing an EPL side that makes its way season after season in the EPL but does nothing special.  Sure the money is good.  Sure you can attract better players because of the money.    But how many times can teams do a Leicester?

But at Rangers maybe - just maybe - there is the chance to do a Leicester in a European competition.  To forge a team on a relatively low budget (by EPL or even Championship financial standards) capable of reaching a European final.  Now that would be real ambition.  Not just settling for managing a middling EPL outfit for a period time then punditry on the tellie.   A European ambition is capable of being realised at Rangers.   And with the worldwide Support Rangers has achieving that sort of football ambition is the stuff where your status as a legend stretches way beyond a football management career and way beyond the boundaries of football itself.    Wonder if that's the sort of ambition that drives MW and DW or is that a stretch too far?   If it is there is no better club in Britain to go for that sort of goal.