Wallace and McKay called up to Scotland squd

Shug1872

48 minutes ago, rossj6 said:

Lee wallace was always good enough. He didn't lose any ability dropping down. Hes proved constantly hes a smashing player, one we are very lucky to have, but if i was wallace i would be tell ginger baws to fuck off. Also very well deserved from mckay. Been outstanding this season. Tore every right back apart including the "big" teams 

Wallace deserves his call up, he has been a revelation this season under MW but not so in the previous seasons when we did drop down though, he struggled more than most with consistency, fitness and weight.

Wallace will be proud to pull the Scotland jersey on, as will his family and friends - as well as 99% of bears being chuffed for him - he will not tell the manager to fuck off because Wallace has aspirations in football and I bet this is one of them.

Barrie has done well and may at first be a bit player with the squad but through time he will be a regular.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BlueGates said:

To be fair it hasn't.

It's like the myth Ferguson was abused away to Dublin when playing for Scotland.  When it was the home fans who were abusing him.  Black was the only game I recall hearing a Rangers player booed.

To be fair it has. I was at Pittodrie for a Scotland v South Africa friendly (2007) when they booed when Kris Boyd came on as a substutute. They were not booing him when he scored the winner though. I was there with an English work mate and he could not believe that they would boo one of their own purely because of his choice of club. The tartan army are an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Laughable really.

Anyone with eyes could have seen that they should've been in the previous squad. 

McKay has been on loan at Raith and Morton before MW got to grips with him tbf so now is his time. Wallace has only this season showed a consistent form that makes him an absolute stick on... well that's what my eyes say anyway.

4 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Some people are so fucking paranoid :lol: Well done Lee and Barrie.

Paranoid ??

The man who picked them has stated, "I Won't pick Aberdeen or celtic players as they will be preparing for Europe.

Knowing full well, on form, we would also be in Europe

A fair perspective,  he does say the 2 combined play better than any other available partnership he has seen

But, he either assumes we have no chance of winning the SC Final, or, he deliberately wants to hamper any chance we have to progress in Europe

A remarkable and fucking shameful statement to be coming out with either way.

Cunt of a man, they cunts go on about him no having celtic DNA, cunts riddled with it 

5 hours ago, Liam_RFC said:

Well deserved to both plus no Celtic players even better haha 

Liam ??  This is unacceptable  ^^^^^^

Have a fucking word with yourself

You're an embarrassment to those who hold dear the reputation of Rangers Media and it's Bears Den 

Hopefully a poster on here knows of you and tells your Mother, Auntie, Sister 

2 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Paranoid ??

The man who picked them has stated, "I Won't pick Aberdeen or celtic players as they will be preparing for Europe.

A fair perspective,  he does say the 2 combined play better than any other available partnership he has seen

But, he either assumes we have no chance of winning the SC Final, or, he deliberately wants to hamper any chance we have to progress in Europe

Cunt of a man, they cunts go on about him no having celtic DNA, cunts riddled with it 

I can't really see two of our players playing two games at the start of June affect their performances in the Europa League in the middle of July.

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I can't really see two of our players playing two games at the start of June affect their performances in the Europa League in the middle of July.

They should be on holiday that's why to get well rested before pre season and our euro campaign

10 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Cup winners don't go straight into the league 

Qualifiers first, same reason he states he is resting aberdeen players 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They should be on holiday that's why to get well rested before pre season and our euro campaign

10 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Cup winners don't go straight into the league 

Qualifiers first, same reason he states he is resting aberdeen players 

The Scottish Cup winners will go into the second qualifying round of the Europa League which will be played over two legs, July 14th and July 21st. 

France v Scotland is on the 4th of June. We go to North America for pre-season on the 26th. Wallace and McKay will have three weeks of holiday before then.

Aberdeen go into the first qualifying round which the first leg will be played on the 30th of June.

It's been a very long season for them both, I'd prefer they went on holiday after the Scottish Cup Final. If we win that then next season could be very demanding; and we could need them for some big games. Win the Cup, and I can see both pulling out of the squad.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The only reason there is no Celtic player is because wee Gordy just admitted he wanted to give the Celtic players a rest for their qualifiers. Conveniently missing the fact we can also be participating in Europe. That is a ridiculous statement and slaps in the face of Wallace and McKay who are basically there because they are second best according to this bigoted fuck.

The man and the organisation are up there with the most corrupt in the world.  

He called up McGinn as well, if Hibs win the cup they'll go into Europe. Daft selection policy all round.

Players these days don't ever really 'go on holiday' as such , yes they have a break in between seasons but I'm pretty sure McKay and Wallace will be on a strict fitness programme that will have them in the best shape possible for returning to preseason, whether they are included in the Scotland squad or not. Don't forget the month of May for Rangers players consists of 2 competitive games, so they'll both be joining up with the Scotland squad feeling fresh, rather than tired and jaded. 

We should be happy they are included.

2 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

The recognition for Wallace is long overdue , but I don't see how Barrie can impress under the system that the ginger dwarf employs . The fact that he preferred to pick substandard players from the english reserve leagues before picking any of our players this season IMO shows where he views them in normal circumstances . I hope for the players sake I'm wrong but I think it's just to get us back onside whilst giving the tarriers a break , and next season we'll be back to looking on from the outside wondering why our players are being ignored .

He plays a 4-2-3-1 , barrie is perfect for any of the 3 places behind the striker

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Paranoid ??

Yes, paranoid.

As it stands we haven't qualified for Europe.

If he's deliberately doing it to piss us off, why has he selected John McGinn who will also be playing in the Scottish Cup final? Hibs could get in Europe if they beat us, is it a conspiracy against them too? You sound like you support the scum.

"he deliberately wants to hamper any chance we have to progress in Europe" and that's such melodramatic pish. The games will have fuck all to do with how we do in Europe if we qualify.

McKay and Wallace will be delighted they're included in the squad so we should be happy for them rather than searching for conspiracies where there aren't any.

2 hours ago, DeanMK said:

The Scottish Cup winners will go into the second qualifying round of the Europa League which will be played over two legs, July 14th and July 21st. 

France v Scotland is on the 4th of June. We go to North America for pre-season on the 26th. Wallace and McKay will have three weeks of holiday before then.

Aberdeen go into the first qualifying round which the first leg will be played on the 30th of June.

Rangers pre season starts June 18th at Auchenhowie.

Good news and about time.  We'd be be within or rights to ask for them to be excused if we do qualify for Europe.  Be great to see them playing against quality sides though.  Oh and fuck England.