649 members have voted

1. 1. Joey, yes or no ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im struggling with this one , as much as im a hardliner in other things ,. Ā With rangers im reasonably relaxed as long as the player gen wants Ā to play and better himself .... But this one is strange . Ā 

Nay, nay and thrice nay. First nay because he is a twat, second nay because as a person he is not Rangers class and third nay becauseĀ he supports the Bheast and their kind. This baggage outweighsĀ any footballing skill he may have, he can be a loose cannon and irrationally stupid on the field asĀ well. Oh, and he has a worse accent than Peter Sellers!

Couple of days ago I would have said no but now......a qualified yes. He might be a walloper but if Warbs believes he can get the best out of him then I'll trust his judgement.Ā 

As for him being a Provo Princess, well is he really, how deep does it go? If he signs for us he might well end up with leaving Ibrox in a couple of years with King Billy tattooed on his chestĀ :D

19 minutes ago, Johnnyren said:

Im struggling with this one , as much as im a hardliner in other things ,. Ā With rangers im reasonably relaxed as long as the player gen wants Ā to play and better himself .... But this one is strange . Ā 

Did you vote lol

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

No. I don't rate him as a player, or as a person.

I've been here long enough for most of you to know how I am. I always back the players and management, but this is my line. Signing Joey Barton is my line. I can't support this.

Surprised at that AlBear, you've always supported everyone, and I understand the loyalty showed, Barton has kept himself out of trouble for a good while and his performances on the park in the championship last campaign have been superb, whilst being managed by a close pal of Warburton who states he was instrumental in the dressing room and a calming influence on the younger players within the squad, so the fact your taking the stance you have without even giving the guy a chance is somewhat strange. I personally think he will be a great addition to our team in a position were badly lacking in. Time and time again we were crying out for a midfielder in his mound last year and it looks like we could finally have found a guy that fits the bill yet you of all people are not prepared to find him a chance ?Ā 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Surprised at that AlBear, you've always supported everyone, and I understand the loyalty showed, Barton has kept himself out of trouble for a good while and his performances on the park in the championship last campaign have been superb, whilst being managed by a close pal of Warburton who states he was instrumental in the dressing room and a calming influence on the younger players within the squad, so the fact your taking the stance you have without even giving the guy a chance is somewhat strange. I personally think he will be a great addition to our team in a position were badly lacking in. Time and time again we were crying out for a midfielder in his mound last year and it looks like we could finally have found a guy that fits the bill yet you of all people are not prepared to find him a chance ?Ā 

What can I say? Everyone has their limits.Ā 

Of course I back Warburton, of course if he signs I'll want him to do well for Rangers sake but I just can't get my head around this. Of all the contacts MW and McParland have he is what we came up with? I'm left thinking where does this leave young Rossiter too? It's just so strange IMO.

12 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

What can I say? Everyone has their limits.Ā 

Of course I back Warburton, of course if he signs I'll want him to do well for Rangers sake but I just can't get my head around this. Of all the contacts MW and McParland have he is what we came up with? I'm left thinking where does this leave young Rossiter too? It's just so strange IMO.

I with you on this, it is a strange one .Ā 

I basically voted yes because I trust the manager on this one however because of the kind of character he is I can see why some will have their doubts.

I'm sure if he signs forĀ us he will continueĀ to divide opinion but ultimately if he does the business on the park for us then that's the only way he can win over his doubters.

No, Ā no, Ā no. Ā He is completely the wrong type of player we should be looking at. Ā The guy is a cunt. Ā 

Ā 

However if MW thinks that he will add value both on and off the pitch, Ā then I will reluctantly accept it.Ā