• Poland
    • Portugal
    • Republic of bhigotry
    • Russia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Some other nasty foreigners

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

The commentator compared Iceland to San Marino which I thought was hugely disrespectful and pretty clueless

Clive Tyldesley is a wanker. Iceland are 34th in FIFA's world ranking and San Marino are ranked 200. Iceland beat the Czech Republic, Turkey and the Netherlands (twice) in qualification, whereas San Marino have only ever won one friendly match.

55 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

For all those gloating about England this morning just remember the company your keeping - the fenians in work are creaming themselves. 

What a honkin post

The whole world is laughing at England after that display last night

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

For all those gloating about England this morning just remember the company your keeping - the fenians in work are creaming themselves. 

^^^Actual tears.

2 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Even Scotland have managed to win a game at a European Championships away from home. Two in fact. England have won none. Not a single one. Zero. :D

Tbh Scotland have not qualified for fuck all in 18 years, that's pretty embarrassing whichever way you try to look at it.

I'd take a pumping in the last 16 by Iceland rather than a back hander by Georgia in the qualifiers.

Sure you were. I obviously got you mixed up with one of the other, erm, morons.

I could swear you just brought up a qualifying match between two countries with the same population and tried to compare it to a game at a major tournament between the self-proclaimed purveyors of 'the greatest league in the world' who think they are some kind of footballing superpower and an island of 330,000 people.

This is the most delicious result in football history, and the whole of Europe thinks the same, so let's all try our level best not to derail it with misplaced, self-loathing whataboutery.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Sure you were. I obviously got you mixed up with one of the other, erm, morons.

I could swear you just brought up a qualifying match between two countries with the same population and tried to compare it to a game at a major tournament between the self-proclaimed purveyors of 'the greatest league in the world' who think they are some kind of footballing superpower and an island of 330,000 people.

This is the most delicious result in football history, and the whole of Europe thinks the same, so let's all try our level best not to derail it with misplaced, self-loathing whataboutery.

Thanks.

Erm nope that wasn't me because:

A. I wouldn't be arsed to look into the population of a country.

B. I don't really care what England do or don't do just like every other national side.

It was hysterical seeing them get booted out by Iceland, fairy tale stuff and we all love a story like that at an International tournament. England thought it was a given, so to see those words rammed down the commentators throats was bliss as it always is.

However Scotland can't exactly gloat given they haven't been in anything of note in a near 20 years and consistently get embarrassed in every qualifying tournament they take part in.

So go on tell me something else I haven't said.....

22 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Tartan trannies and rebel loving scumbags getting all excited about England loosing is not surprising. What is rather sad is Rangers fans gloating about it as well... 

Listen mate I don't wish any ill on the English at any sport but if you can't laugh at a wee country like Iceland beating a bigger country like England when can you?

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Listen mate I don't wish any ill on the English at any sport but if you can't laugh at a wee country like Iceland beating a bigger country like England when can you?

I congratulate Iceland 100%. They showed team work and a work ethic. Fully deserved to win by all accounts (I didn't watch it).. And yes I did smile at how that wee Team could beat England. Some of the posts on here from Bears has been a little cringeworthy though..