DJ: Don't punish clubs for Hampden Horror

WGOH

4 hours ago, Dazzler said:

DJ and most other commentators seem to miss the point of how bad the situation could have become. 

Do they really need to see a player lying on the pitch with a knife hanging out his chest or a mass brawl to realise that it's something that needs dealt with.

Hibs need to be hammered and DJ needs to grow a pair or shut the fuck up.

This^^^

Forget about all the bullshit regards singing, forget about tit for tat, who said what, Rhegan this, Petrie that, etc.

Football players at the end of a game were assaulted and put in fear of their lives by supporters of one team invading the pitch intent on violence and destruction. This is what must be shouted at every opportunity. We are letting them sidetrack and belittle the main issue by going on about TBB, the police, our fans going on the pitch, etc. We carry on with all that the main issue above will be watered down. 

Remember the uproar when one player is attacked by a fan in any game in the UK or Europe. Well we had 11 attacked plus staff. Do not let them confuse and belittle the main issue as that is what they want. The time to defend the other things such as TBB will be later.

"Rangers fans sang TBB". -  "Your fans physically assaulted and spat on our players."

"Rangers fans invaded the pitch."  -. "Your fans physically assaulted and spat on our players."

and so on.

This is a massive own goal by Scottish Football. Don't let the SFA, Hibs and the Mhedia off the hook by sidetracking us from the main issue.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We've already got one - we just need it applied fairly.

It's funny how 'their' fans say the same thing and think the act was designed to stop them! And while fans on each side do all this tit for tat moaning and tell tale clipping then we will end up with more restrictions not less. Problem is there are fans of both sides that will never get that! 

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's funny how 'their' fans say the same thing and think the act was designed to stop them! And while fans on each side do all this tit for tat moaning and tell tale clipping then we will end up with more restrictions not less. Problem is there are fans of both sides that will never get that! 

They have always thought the world is against them ffs they think Scottish football bent over backwards to help us in 2012 and think the media is pro Rangers 

I don't think their deluded opinions can be used as a yard stick for anything tbh 

7 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Rangers fans invaded the park for a scrap irrespective of the provocation ergo we will be punished !!! I havent seen one post condeming them. 

Discuss 

I have kept pretty quiet on this subject but some folk including myself have selective memories mate. Never have our fans assaulted players of the opposition, but we have been involved in some serious rioting over the years, myself included, so I stand condemned aswell, nothing to be proud of, but hey it happens. We took the punishment for our misdemeanours, so Hibs should be man enough to take theirs, but I won't hold my breath.

7 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Rangers fans invaded the park for a scrap irrespective of the provocation ergo we will be punished !!! I havent seen one post condeming them. 

Discuss 

Discuss what?

you being a tarrier or a faggot?

This should have been all about players and staff who had been assaulted. That was the main issue. That was the threat to life and limb. The Hivs fans crossed the line that should never be crossed. However, as par for the course, we witness the agenda unfold and it's became all about the nasty songs, the sectarian singing, all about us. The punch bag of Scotland.

You could even overlook the invasion, if no one had been harmed, being done in good spirit and celebration.  Ok take your punishment for that and get on with it. However it wasn't. There was premeditated intent. Players and staff assuated and the masses charging our end for nothing oher to intimidate and incite. Then there was the security. There wasn't!. For those intent on intimidation and violence, plod just handed them them the keys Hampden.

We had just witnessed the worst and hivs knew they had crssed theline and in big trouble and Rangers being the victims. Can never be allowed to happen. The hater ranks then closed and as we can now see, the assaults have disappeared and not only have  the obvious weaknesses in security disappeared, we are now the cause of it. it's now all about the singing.

I listened the very next day as the Killy fans belted out their version of TBB on TV and not one word of dissent since and no apologies to viewers at the time. When it is us on TV and we hear the apologies for our singing, it is nothing more than our haters making sure it is highlighted to demonise us.

We all know the inequity in the application of the easily offend law and that is exactly how it was Intended. IMO our mistake was giving in to it, as again at Hampden, we are deemed to have broken that said law, our haters conveniently used it an excuse to deflect and make it all about the big bad Rangers. Remember, it's not jst about singingTBB, you will be charged for singing in condemnation of murdering terrorists. That tells i'ts own story about this law. We are to be silenced at all costs and there it shall remain until we do something about it.

16 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Ffs Why is it bears in the media always seem to want to be seen as fair minded .

Fuck that for a change .

.Not a good one from DJ by any means 

Because we have footballers representing us and they have a different perspective to us fans. 

Cellic have journalists who have slightly more brain power than a footballer. 

We have DJ, perhaps Dalziel. That's it, two ex-footballers. 

They have Keevins, McCulloch, English, Guidi, Cosgrove, Spiers. And while to a man they are cunts, they can talk rings around our ex-players and expert beasts at spin and distorting the truth. 

I can see where he's coming from with this , though he seems to contradict himself at the end . 

Knowing scottish football , they'll cannot wait to see us step out of line and history tells us that some clubs get treated less harshly than others , so I can see why he's calling for no club to be held responsible for their fans . It's the only way that will see equality in punishments. 

Having said all that , is it plausible ? I'm not so sure , there's something not right if hibs don't get severely punished for the action of their fans at the cup final . 

The big arse hole spent half a day in an argument with himself trying to put his point across. Then makes a rip roaring cunt of himself by admitting something has to be done and repeated what every Rangers fan and his dog are saying that players were assaulted. Not a very well thought out piece Derek. Why don't you get some thick cunt to write out a page for you. 

8 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Singing about being up to our knees in Fenian blood is totally wrong in so many ways, mate! doh

If we have Red on our collar, surely we should be up to our collective necks in it  :D

Fuckin right mate!

Hows things?

Just this reply from Conservative MSP Adam Tomkins

Thank you for writing.

I was at the Cup Final: not on a corporate freebie but with Rangers season-ticket holders in the Rangers end. I used to be a season-ticket holder myself at Ibrox. 

On the day of the Cup Final I tweeted (@ProfTomkins) several messages about the disgraceful and dangerous actions of the Hibs fans in storming the pitch at the final whistle. Like you, I was appalled by what I saw.

It is important that the police and SFA inquiries proceed without political interference, but I will be looking for answers to two sets of questions in particular: why Hibs fans were allowed to reach Rangers players who were still on the field of play; and why the police seemed (to me) to take quite a while to restore order. It is the job of MSPs to press for answers to questions such as these and you may be assured that I will not rest until I have them. 

I did put down a question on this for FMQs this week, but it was not selected.

What follows, in case of interest, are the lines the Scottish Conservatives put out shortly after the Cup Final:

“The events after the final whistle at Hampden on Saturday ruined what should have been a day of celebration for the whole of Scottish football; not only the culmination of a long cup competition but the first time that two teams outside the top tier have competed in the final.

“While Hibs supporters will rightly wish to celebrate winning their first Scottish Cup in 114 years that can be no excuse for the reported assaults on players and officials, nor the destruction of the fabric of our national stadium.

“l understand that Police Scotland have set up a unit to track down the perpetrators, and I would urge them to ensure that all routes are taken to identify and charge those involved in these criminal acts.

“Thereafter, it will be for Parliament to determine how best to review the performance of Police Scotland in responding to this disorder.

“The hard work of the footballing authorities, the police, football teams and their supporters has meant that significant progress has been made in the past two decades in making attending football matches in Scotland safer and more enjoyable, sadly the scenes on Saturday represent a significant setback for that progress.”

We will do everything in our power to ensure that all relevant lessons are learned.

With very best wishes,

Adam Tomkins MSP

Conservative MSP for Glasgow

I thanked him on behalf of Rangers supporters ?

21 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Here's a suggestion let folk sing whatever the fuck they want for 90 mins and stop acting like a like wee wean in the playground when someone calls you names. 

I'd wholeheartedly concur with that... Everyone stop greetin' like wee, offended, haunwringing, namby-pamby weans... and go back to singing like big, styoopit, bigoted, uneducated weans.

As long as nobody is getting hurt or jailed for acting like a big wean, then I am good.

PS -  With this turning into the obligatory 'DJ-bashing' thread along with the tandem 'Ally-bashing' threads currently on the go (Bob McPhail must be breathing a sigh of relief that he is too old to be remembered), surely it is time to consider a sub-forum or at least a pinned thread which would specifically cater to the needs of the Seething McSeethers who want to lay the dislike on ex-Gers stalwarts and 'bash' away the summer.

Signed,

Bashy McBashface.

1 hour ago, WadeWilson said:

I'd wholeheartedly concur with that... Everyone stop greetin' like wee, offended, haunwringing, namby-pamby weans... and go back to singing like big, styoopit, bigoted, uneducated weans.

As long as nobody is getting hurt or jailed for acting like a big wean, then I am good.

Theres always one. 

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Theres always one. 

Ever since I joined this forum ten years ago, there has always been a small, odious minority present who treat every discussion of attacks and double standards against the Rangers family as a platform for directing ridicule and shaming language towards those of us who want things to change; they do so obsessively.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

They have always thought the world is against them ffs they think Scottish football bent over backwards to help us in 2012 and think the media is pro Rangers 

I don't think their deluded opinions can be used as a yard stick for anything tbh 

Again proving my point! You allow your hatred of them to set the agenda! You can't help yourself. Imagine if we all just grew a set of bollocks and got on with our rivalry instead of all this 'agenda' driven nit picking we participate in! 

On 6/3/2016 at 3:00 PM, giffnockger said:

away back to the green and white forum ya prick, come on here with 43 posts to criticize a Rangers legend, fuck off

If I think he's being a prick I've a fucking right to say so, and stop suggesting I'm a fucking a tim!!!

Read all my posts and you'll see I'm a bluenose. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Again proving my point! You allow your hatred of them to set the agenda! You can't help yourself. Imagine if we all just grew a set of bollocks and got on with our rivalry instead of all this 'agenda' driven nit picking we participate in! 

You talk some pish 

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

If I think he's being a prick I've a fucking right to say so, and stop suggesting I'm a fucking a tim!!!

Read all my posts and you'll see I'm a bluenose. 

Ally is a prick no matter how many posts you have 

13 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Fuckin right mate!

Hows things?

Things are reasonably well,mate! It looks like I've beat the cancer but I have to get it checked every 6 months just in case it returns somewhere else.I still get some respiratory problems at this time of year but thankfully I've stayed clear of pneumonia the past 2 years. I'm looking forward to the new season and staying awake all night to watch the games.

With a bit of luck I might even make it over for the end of next season to watch a few matches if all goes well at home. I hope you keep flying the flag and get to see lots of matches..

No surrender young Deccy  :cheers:  :crabflute: