SFA lack of action. At last the media comment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Willis said:

the SFA will dish out the same punishment to us as they do hibs id bet.

How many Hibs players/staff were assaulted ?

I'm not saying your wrong

Assault on a player and you should be thrown out, the option is there in the punishments 

Take the cup of them, we don't want it if it's not won on the park, erase it from history 

They should be stripped of it, Warsaw, in a cup game they won 6-2 were thrown out for fielding a  suspended player "for 3 mins" due to an admin error

1 minute ago, Rangers Lady said:

How many Hibs players/staff were assaulted ?

I'm not saying your wrong

Assault on a player and you should be thrown out, the option is there in the punishments 

Take the cup of them, we don't want it if it's not won on the park, erase it from history 

They should be stripped of it, Warsaw, in a cup game they won 6-2 were thrown out for fielding a  suspended player "for 3 mins" due to an admin error

I agree completely, but I think we all know know thats not how it will play out.

They'll fine both of us equally for invading the pitch, they'll play it off like "both sides invaded, just because more hibs fans managed to get on doesnt take the blame away from Rangers"

They'll say that both sets of fans acted violently, assaults on players will be put in with that and not specifically mentioned

Wouldnt be surprised if they hit us with an extra punishment for singing

I wouldnt be suprised at all if we ended up getting worse punishment than them.

We'll both get warnings about further pitch invasions, they'll ignore the fact that for the past two seasons in a row Rangers fans have been threatened by opposing fans violently entering the pitch with the SFA doing nothing to stop it.

The delay is daft.

But UEFA do have a slight advantage in that they do invoke strict liability on the competing nations and they had / have to do something at the tournament is still ongoing and they have the power to lay down a marker. - which admirably they did. 

However that does not excuse the current delays. We have been given a partial timeline for the report into 'what went wrong' but no timeline for 'charges' of which there will be many ( and sadly will include us for fans responding - go figure!) but as an Administration the SFA make progress at a speed that can only be described as glacial! 

2 hours ago, RyanMac said:

Cheers OP (tu)

Though I stopped reading at 'alleged assaults' on our players, which I find disgusting. Are our club not to be believed because they are, well, our club! What do you say to this?! It's an outrageous way to treat our players after they were assaulted, victims being victimised because they belong a certain group. Sectarianism is alive and well in Scotland. 

That's just standard Journalistic insurance against law suits. They will always use the word alleged until any guilty verdicts are posted. Unfortunately as we all know the likelihood of anyone from the aids ridden hivee scum being found guilty of assault against one of our players is remote. I can see excessive use of the non proven verdict coming up.

As for the sfa they are unfit for purpose and have been for a number of years time they were destroyed.

The SFA are the most corrupt and least competent Association in European football. Even if they did end up punishing Hivs properly, without also treating us as being equally at fault, it will be an exception which allows them the latitude to bend the rules to suit themselves somewhere further down the line. 

Imho, they are rotten from top to bottom and dealing with the cup final mayhem in a way which suggests some semblance of competence, only papers over the very obvious cracks. Allowing them to merrily continue with their blatant, overt, agenda of skewing the Scottish game in a way which benefits them and their pet club- Penn State FC. 

But I doubt they'll manage to deal with the fallout from the SC final with any competence in any case. The sad thing is that no of us know what to expect. The SFA being as unpredictable as they are incompetent. Which is indicative of their absolute mismanagement of even the most basic elements of Scottish football. 

Any other FA in the British Isles would've have dealt with a debacle like this already and would not allow it to hang over their member clubs for months like a dark shadow. Knowing full well that, in the interests of the game and their membership, they would have to act with clarity, transparency and above all, they would need a swift conclusion to the episode.

The SFA are beyond a joke. 

How can Rangers possibly have taking reasonable steps in response to a pitch invasion from hibs fans.  I just don't see any measures they could have taking to prevent a very small number of people reacting to goading from 1000's of thugs. Rangers fans would have never been on the pitch if the arseholes didn't invade, to me that means Rangers football club has taking reasonable steps. The notorious interview from the hibs chairman stating  " nothing more than high spirits" shows undoubtably that NO reasonable steps were taking. 

8 hours ago, RyanMac said:

Cheers OP (tu)

Though I stopped reading at 'alleged assaults' on our players, which I find disgusting. Are our club not to be believed because they are, well, our club! What do you say to this?! It's an outrageous way to treat our players after they were assaulted, victims being victimised because they belong a certain group. Sectarianism is alive and well in Scotland. 

I can see how this could annoy (and to be honest it could be used surreptitiously to undermine the claims while still being the correct terminology) but the official reason for saying "allegedly" is so that anyone taken before a Sheriff can't say that they've been a victim of media prejudice,i.e. because all the papers have it as fact that the players were assaulted the jury would have the defendant guilty no matter what evidence was led.

It's a bit like the warnings people got on here about posting things regarding the Green et al cases.

But as I say, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that some Tim reporter would use the word "allegedly" very liberally to undermine the attacks while claiming that it's all in the name of media rules.

1 hour ago, BigDak said:

I can see how this could annoy (and to be honest it could be used surreptitiously to undermine the claims while still being the correct terminology) but the official reason for saying "allegedly" is so that anyone taken before a Sheriff can't say that they've been a victim of media prejudice,i.e. because all the papers have it as fact that the players were assaulted the jury would have the defendant guilty no matter what evidence was led.

It's a bit like the warnings people got on here about posting things regarding the Green et al cases.

But as I say, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that some Tim reporter would use the word "allegedly" very liberally to undermine the attacks while claiming that it's all in the name of media rules.

If it was down to media prejudice and courts then it would apply everyone attacked, not just our players. 

10 hours ago, Copland bear said:

The sfa can hammer Hibs anyway shape or form, Remember the illegal transfer embargo we took to a court of law and won with the sfa to pay the legal costs? Well that never happened they forced us to pay the legal fees and except the punishment even thou it was illegal as we did nothing wrong except get plundered by crooks under Regan's watch while he did heehaw about Whyte even thou the taxman warned them in September what he was all about and they did nothing for 6 months, well until admin really.

Why no checks even in September? He was a disqualified director ffs, that along would have got his arse kicked out of Ibrox.

No we as a club must demand they pay 

We got screwed over no doubt about it yeah but the junkies won't as they aren't us.

We will be found equally guilty and while our support did react it was to protect our players so that should be accepted as it was the only right thing to do.

9 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

We got screwed over no doubt about it yeah but the junkies won't as they aren't us.

We will be found equally guilty and while our support did react it was to protect our players so that should be accepted as it was the only right thing to do.

If we are found equally responsible then it will be a court case with UEFA getting involved as it will be all out war.

If this were to be the case then pull out both cup competitions and watch the sponsers run to the hills without the main attraction.

We as fans must not except this and if this is the case we march to Hampden again demanding UEFA get involved and call for Regan's head.

As much as they would love to fuck us over the independent review will leave the SFA and the police wanting, the stewards non existent and the Hibs fans causing trouble and baiting the Rangers fans and if the fans who did not go on the park to keep them back we could have had another disaster as all entrances were blocked as we were on our way home at this point. 

We have the SFA over a barrel on this one.  No way of changing history as it was live on the tv.

When the independent review is over we want Petrie and Regan gone along with Calum Steele from police Scotland for his outrages leak that we attacked police fans and the daily record given a ban and sued for printing lies. 

The board said they new who our enemy's were will now deal with them as you will never get a better chance. 

They're taking their time to sift through all the video evidence, to see if they can make Rangers fans responsible for ALL the trouble that took place.

The hibs fans knew that we would sing an alleged, sectarian song, causing them to feel unsafe in their seats in the stands, which is why they all ran onto the pitch. Some hibs fans are also alleging that a few Rangers players were trying to head-butt the hibs fans' clenched fist, making it look like they had actually punched them.

16 hours ago, Sam English Loyal said:

The SFA are the most corrupt and least competent Association in European football. Even if they did end up punishing Hivs properly, without also treating us as being equally at fault, it will be an exception which allows them the latitude to bend the rules to suit themselves somewhere further down the line. 

Imho, they are rotten from top to bottom and dealing with the cup final mayhem in a way which suggests some semblance of competence, only papers over the very obvious cracks. Allowing them to merrily continue with their blatant, overt, agenda of skewing the Scottish game in a way which benefits them and their pet club- Penn State FC. 

But I doubt they'll manage to deal with the fallout from the SC final with any competence in any case. The sad thing is that no of us know what to expect. The SFA being as unpredictable as they are incompetent. Which is indicative of their absolute mismanagement of even the most basic elements of Scottish football. 

Any other FA in the British Isles would've have dealt with a debacle like this already and would not allow it to hang over their member clubs for months like a dark shadow. Knowing full well that, in the interests of the game and their membership, they would have to act with clarity, transparency and above all, they would need a swift conclusion to the episode.

The SFA are beyond a joke. 

You forgot "hypocritical bastards too "

Remember the Popcorn teeth ,Mccoist incident . Yes the investigation didn't take to long into that one strangely enough .

Sfa,Spfl,Liewell,Snp,Daily Rebel   .They are all as one entity and sadly running our game into the ground .

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

If we are found equally responsible then it will be a court case with UEFA getting involved as it will be all out war.

If this were to be the case then pull out both cup competitions and watch the sponsers run to the hills without the main attraction.

We as fans must not except this and if this is the case we march to Hampden again demanding UEFA get involved and call for Regan's head.

As much as they would love to fuck us over the independent review will leave the SFA and the police wanting, the stewards non existent and the Hibs fans causing trouble and baiting the Rangers fans and if the fans who did not go on the park to keep them back we could have had another disaster as all entrances were blocked as we were on our way home at this point. 

We have the SFA over a barrel on this one.  No way of changing history as it was live on the tv.[\b]

When the independent review is over we want Petrie and Regan gone along with Calum Steele from police Scotland for his outrages leak that we attacked police fans and the daily record given a ban and sued for printing lies. 

The board said they new who our enemy's were will now deal with them as you will never get a better chance. 

As much as this is spot on, I don't think it's going to work that way. Reality is not what actually happened, rather what people perceive to have happened and the rest of Scotland suffer from cognitive bias towards us, they already assume the worst.

It's also not just a SFA matter, the SNP have already shown their colours so I wouldn't be expecting anything to be independent. Both teams will be punished but they won't be proportional to what actually happened. 

25 minutes ago, RyanMac said:

As much as this is spot on, I don't think it's going to work that way. Reality is not what actually happened, rather what people perceive to have happened and the rest of Scotland suffer from cognitive bias towards us, they already assume the worst.

It's also not just a SFA matter, the SNP have already shown their colours so I wouldn't be expecting anything to be independent. Both teams will be punished but they won't be proportional to what actually happened. 

Well don't bury your head in the sand get on to your MP your msp and kick up fuck about they way we are being treated.  Just because your MP might be SNP does not mean he can just turn you away, if he or she does then report them to parliament as they are paid to do a job.

This is why we are in such a state because we expect everyone to fight our battles for us but truth be told it your responsibility just like it's mine and every other bear on here to complain to their mp's.

Enough do it and we don't get what we want out the independent enquiry then make sure your MP brings it up in parliament.  Both Holyrood and Westminster and let them see the party is over and we are not taking any more shit. 

8 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well don't bury your head in the sand get on to your MP your msp and kick up fuck about they way we are being treated.  Just because your MP might be SNP does not mean he can just turn you away, if he or she does then report them to parliament as they are paid to do a job.

This is why we are in such a state because we expect everyone to fight our battles for us but truth be told it your responsibility just like it's mine and every other bear on here to complain to their mp's.

Enough do it and we don't get what we want out the independent enquiry then make sure your MP brings it up in parliament.  Both Holyrood and Westminster and let them see the party is over and we are not taking any more shit. 

TBH, it will be to little effect just because it's us, as the moaning faced individuals from the wrong side of town.

Better we contacted the club, demanding they got off their erse and make a stand, as that is the only chance we have of anyone listening and action being taken. They have no problem taking our money, well time they fucking earned it!

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBH, it will be to little effect just because it's us, as the moaning faced individuals from the wrong side of town.

Better we contacted the club, demanding they got off their erse and make a stand, as that is the only chance we have of anyone listening and action being taken. They have no problem taking our money, well time they fucking earned it!

Your MP must be seen to be  doing his or her job, if he does not report him to parliament and they will deal with them if they fail to do their duty.  The swore an oath when they become an MP and must do what is asked by the people.  If enough complain about their MP expecially SNP it is proving that there is a problem and they won't be able to just ignore it