Clemdog

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barton on Hill:

Of his experience of Hill, Barton said: “He’s someone I’ve been in the trenches with in many big games and he’ll never let you down.

"Last season with Burnley Andre Gray was the best striker in the league and Clint played against him and nullified him. We managed to win that game 1-0 but Andre had probably his toughest afternoon and that’s testament to Clint and the sort of competitor he is.”

I'm happy to get any player in. He certainly talks the talk and if Weir taught me anything it's that an old experienced defender can do wonders.

I understand our style of football is no longer the slow, counter attacking we had under Smith. However, our defence has been a bloody bomb scare for so long that I welcome some experience. Plus, between this and Barton it just goes to show how shit Celtic are, we plan to beat them with the old aines.

Just watched the Hill press conference in full on you tube.  You tube then automatically played the Barton press conference.

Thinking about what we have in our squad, adding Crooks Windass, Rossiter and the two aforementioned with more to come......I simply cannot wait for next year.  I honestly believe we are assembling a squad that can achieve great things. Potential, experience, professionals, with no lack of ability and overarching desire to win.

Bring them on.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Barton on Hill:

Of his experience of Hill, Barton said: “He’s someone I’ve been in the trenches with in many big games and he’ll never let you down.

"Last season with Burnley Andre Gray was the best striker in the league and Clint played against him and nullified him. We managed to win that game 1-0 but Andre had probably his toughest afternoon and that’s testament to Clint and the sort of competitor he is.”

:541:

10 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

ERM...no. Because we already have a young squad and need the experience.

Kenny Miller, Ohalloran, Lee Wallace, Wilson are all  experienced in Scotland top league, plus Waghorn & Tavernier and others at 25 are not kids.

Not to kind of player I would have went for and personally liked the look of the lad from Plymouth BUT I think Warbutton has earnt our trust and we just need to see how it goes....def need to improve defensively 

For me I think if we get Kranjar which seems a done deal then the priority is a striker and maybe full back cover.

16 hours ago, True Azure said:

I'm sure all the medical and fitness checks have been done pre signing. All who have come in post Warburon and Weir have done well so I'll trust the new signings are just as good if not better.

I'm sure they have but it still doesn't fill me with enthusiasm, we'll go with it but, we have to obviously money ain't getting spent and hope MW knows what he's doing, I see he had a knee problem a bit back for a while hopefully that holds out at his age. Whatever the plot is we'll know soon enough not a long term signing but maybe to bolster us up at cross balls and in the trenches in the short term with a view to joining the back room staff, time will tell!:sherlock:

We've signed a young EPL squad player and two English championship players, we won't be paying them peanuts. I'm amazed our wage bill doesn't count as money spent any more. It used to be an example of board support to some...

3 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

We've signed a young EPL squad player and two English championship players, we won't be paying them peanuts. I'm amazed our wage bill doesn't count as money spent any more. It used to be an example of board support to some...

(tu)   if we are bringing in good quality and paying them a good wage, then I count that as backing from the board.

I'd imagine that the wages we got off the bill with the release of guys like shiels ( have we released templeton yet, if not then why not :lol: )  have helped cover the wages of these guys,  but yeah wages spent should count for something.

When, as in the last few years, referees have failed to protect players like Oduwa when they are getting kicked off the park, it is the responsibilty of players on our team to inform the opposition they're not fucking getting away with it.

We haven't had a player for this role and have suffered for it.

Now we have two.

Welcome to Rangers, Clint. We need what you bring to the game.

13 hours ago, markem said:

Just watched the Hill press conference in full on you tube.  You tube then automatically played the Barton press conference.

Thinking about what we have in our squad, adding Crooks Windass, Rossiter and the two aforementioned with more to come......I simply cannot wait for next year.  I honestly believe we are assembling a squad that can achieve great things. Potential, experience, professionals, with no lack of ability and overarching desire to win.

Bring them on.

The impact these new signings will have on McKay, Forrester, Waghorn, Miller, Tav etc will be incredible. I think it'll lift the rest of the team up to a higher level - bring out the absolute best in everyone.