Niko Kranjcar Signs Two Year Contract

6 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

I'd say Tugay would be a fair comparison?

Tugay had arguably better and more established players around him whereas Niko will probably be one of the first names on the team sheet in this squad, but i'm hopeful Niko will go on and make an even better contribution.

I would say Pedro Mendes, but thats cause I'm fairly young and can't remember many other players joining of that calibre.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I would say Pedro Mendes, but thats cause I'm fairly young and can't remember many other players joining of that calibre.

Aye Pedro would be a fair shout too, although Tugay and Niko have came in at a similar age while Mendes was a wee bit older iirc.

Either way we know we've got a player who is capable of a killer pass and not adverse to a pop at goal so it's good :001:

Calamity Bell out and Kranjcar in........speaks volumes for how far we've come in a year.

Really excited by this one, I think he has the quality to cut open stubborn defences which we were sorely lacking last year.

Now to mariappa, full back cover, go and a striker.

2 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Aye Pedro would be a fair shout too, although Tugay and Niko have came in at a similar age while Mendes was a wee bit older iirc.

Either way we know we've got a player who is capable of a killer pass and not adverse to a pop at goal so it's good :001:

Mendes was 29 when he signed in 2008 as was Tugay in 1999.

Name value alone it's a great piece of business, my worry is he's only played 80 odd games in 4 years and was recently at a 2nd Division club in America, if we can consistently get him on the pitch we'll have a real player on our hands, the battle for now is getting him on the pitch consistently. 

He's definitely worth a gamble, him and Barton are blue chippers for name value though they'll have the dressing room buzzing

think he will be a superb signing for the gers he will unlock defences with ease something we struggled to do last year. hopefully we now get an out and out goalscorer to get on the end of the balls that Niko will now provide. he is coming onto sky sports shortly interested in what he has to say about signing for the most successful club in the world.

The big question is if we can get Niko fit because his class is undoubted, feel very confident of this with the background staff we have in place. This could turn out to be our best piece of business in a long time as we have picked up a very high quality player for next to nothing all because he had lost his way a little bit.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

That's a stunning signing,especially when compared to the shite we had to endure last season.

Other than the cup final, I can't see how it could have been much better. The football alone was night and day from the style we used to play imo.

I agree its a stunning signing, has quality written all over it.