Rangers starting to hang their fans out to dry

K.A.I

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

Said at the time this will go the same way as the Moshni incident, when he was hung out to dry. now its the fans.

A board run and funded 1872 will offer nothing as they are all looking after their own money-spinning schemes and scams.

Totally different incidents. Our staff and players were attacked in front of our eyes at Hampden, for that supporters should be defended by our club. What Mohsni did was attack a fellow professional without any physical provocation on an already embarrassing day for the club. He deserved to be 'hung out to dry.' If you think the club was wrong not to defend that, and that its comparable to the cup final you're heads in he clouds mate. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Totally different incidents. Our staff and players were attacked in front of our eyes at Hampden, for that supporters should be defended by our club. What Mohsni did was attack a fellow professional without any physical provocation on an already embarrassing day for the club. He deserved to be 'hung out to dry.' If you think the club was wrong not to defend that, and that its comparable to the cup final you're heads in he clouds mate. 

He was pushed from behind, think that's provocation.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

He was pushed from behind, think that's provocation.

Was he? Riddy for me, i thought that lad snubbed a handshake or said something to him. Meh, still a shocking overreaction if we're being honest. Players get pushed all the time. 

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What do I expect from the club? ... how about for them to stand firm on their fantastic statement that united the supporters more than anything else I've ever seen. They said (to paraphrase) the Rangers fans were under extreme provocation and they won't blame them etc.

Then that wee specky handwringing prick Robertson pipes up, vowing to ban people (people on here start having a go at me saying lay off him he doesn't mean it it's for show, come back to me when he does it etc) and before you know it we've went from a position of strength to being victimised off our own club - who's players, staff and fans were attacked by rampaging Hibs fans.

In previous decades too, any arrest they arranged a meeting for you inside Ibrox to put your case. Not this time. Straight lifetime ban.

Could even have a meeting and say cards on the table, I feel like we have to do this it's nothing too personal etc. But no.

Bridge building, handwringing, gutless, spinless whore's at our club.

To be fair to the club, much of the evidence that arose showing the violence appeared in the days after that statement and left backtracking as an inevitable consequence.  The statement was reactionary rather than measured and couldn't possibly have been made without the greater knowledge we now have.

Anyway, I've already said in subsequent posts that, yet again, we may have acted a little prematurely given (to my knowledge) no charges have actually stuck yet.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

BTW I am awaiting a new phone, when It comes I'll post the letter up with the name and address obviously blanked out. The next stunt will be someone accusing me of lying.

Don't take this the wrong way but I've got a few questions for clarity;

Have you received one of these letters?

If so,

What does the letter say?

How did the club identify you?

Does it give you the opportunity to appeal the decision?

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nope I wasn't there and all I have to go on is the videos/reports and first hand accounts of those that were...mostly from this forum and not the MSM.  

I don't know who the banning orders were issued to, but we've all seen pictures of boots, kicks and corner flags being brandished that would make it very very difficult for the the club to defend the actions of these few as "protecting our players/staff".  I have no doubt there were fans on the pitch that were concerned for our players/staff but it would be naive to think that there weren't some who took up the invitation to come down for the fighting.

Maybe the tone of the post has come across wrongly (writing rather than talking can do that!) but I'm not actually blaming our fans at all.  Since the OP was about the boards reaction and issuing bans, my point is that the board was/is in an impossible position regarding the actions of a few given what's been seen and will find it almost impossible to defend.

Aye the fighting, only after being charged at by 10k Hibs fans

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Are all bans lifetime bans?

I've only seen two letters, both saying the same thing. Indefinite. I always took this to mean "for good" ...but just checked the actual definition it can mean for good or for an unspecified amount of time. So who knows actually. Still out of order.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I've only seen two letters, both saying the same thing. Indefinite. I always took this to mean "for good" ...but just checked the actual definition it can mean for good or for an unspecified amount of time. So who knows actually. Still out of order.

I'd guess it'd be unlikely to be lifetime in that case. Probably a good few years. All guess work, but that's what I'd have thought.

Not that that improves things much.

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To be fair to the club, much of the evidence that arose showing the violence appeared in the days after that statement and left backtracking as an inevitable consequence.  The statement was reactionary rather than measured and couldn't possibly have been made without the greater knowledge we now have.

Anyway, I've already said in subsequent posts that, yet again, we may have acted a little prematurely given (to my knowledge) no charges have actually stuck yet.

What "greater knowledge" ? ffs ... nothing changed, if anything as time went on we learned how even more voilent, scummy and out of order the other side was.

Wisharts Ashes, I'll PM you.

12 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

you cant keep everybody happy.:pipe:

yes,you can......not one Rangers fan  would complain" that no Rangers fans have been banned yet"......if youre talking about others outwith the club, then if we donated all season ticket money to charity we still wouldnt get positive press, so why give a flying fuck about them.

11 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Lol ok. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd guess it'd be unlikely to be lifetime in that case. Probably a good few years. All guess work, but that's what I'd have thought.

Not that that improves things much.

Yeah that's the thing mate, it's a sorta split defination that can mean either. I don't think they will be revoked any time soon, sadly.

Not sure what Rangers stand to gain by this. If its some lame attempt at sending a message to Police Scotland / SPFL / Press (where we have no friends whatsoever) then this is a very poor decision by the club.  

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas springs to mind.   

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What "greater knowledge" ? ffs ... nothing changed, if anything as time went on we learned how even more voilent, scummy and out of order the other side was.

No need to PM me. I'm not being nosey. If you don't want to post the answers in the forum, that's fine.

FWIW didn't the tarriers that recenty got indefinite bans, get them rescinded after a game or two?

Still shocking that any bans are being handed out for Rangers fans doing the police forces job for them.     Spineless move from the club here.   

Hugely disappointing from the club and a huge element of shitebaggery about the whole thing (fuck knows if that's remotely close to a word but seems appropriate). 

Not sure how supporter bans work though, is there no way to fight against this KAI? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Greater knowledge?  There was a drip feed of video, photo and written account that was going on for days after the final and our statement...I'm afraid that anyone who cannot see that our board maybe went off a bit prematurely with their statement is probably a bit naive.  And we're doing the same again; I agree that we could have waited for charges to stick before issuing banning orders.  The more I read between the lines, I think that there's pressure on Rangers (given the "evidence") from the governing body (remember the pics of Petrie cosying up with Regan?) to issue banning orders because Hibs have already done likewise.  Either way, I don't blame the board for taking action, but I would have hoped it would be more measured than reactionary.

48 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Would imagine i will be in the minority especially on here but our fans who ran onto  the pitch were not defending the club or the Rangers support......there was an element of our support who were looking for trouble.

The Hibs fans were of course out of order coming over and goading our support but for us to then jump on the pitch yet again shows the bad element that exists within our support.......anyone who was on that pitch and threw a punch or kick or whatever should be banned.

You should be banned fae here ya tit

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

You should be banned fae here ya tit

It says something that it was well over a minute before any Rangers fan entered the pitch.  Players were being attacked and stuff was being launched at the support. I'd a done the same had I been there