Rangers starting to hang their fans out to dry

K.A.I

53 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Would imagine i will be in the minority especially on here but our fans who ran onto  the pitch were not defending the club or the Rangers support......there was an element of our support who were looking for trouble.

The Hibs fans were of course out of order coming over and goading our support but for us to then jump on the pitch yet again shows the bad element that exists within our support.......anyone who was on that pitch and threw a punch or kick or whatever should be 

Fucking weapon (tu)

14 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I'm sure I read that stricter liability for clubs was being brought in by the SPFL in the not too distant future.

MP's are desperate for it. All the clubs would have to vote for it and they dont want it.

Alloa Athletic chairman Mike Mulraney says Scottish clubs are widely opposed to the idea of introducing new strict liability rules.

Recent cases of sectarian chanting and the use of smoke bombs and flares have prompted a discussion within the Scottish Professional Football League.

All 42 SPFL clubs met at Hampden on Tuesday.

"I think there's no chance whatsoever of clubs agreeing to strict liability. That's pretty unanimous," he said.

SPFL board member Mulraney feels clubs should not be punished if they do all they can to prevent unruly behaviour.

"I've come against strict liability in the past and will continue to do so. It is not the answer, it is the one system that is proven to fail repeatedly and I'm sure it would fail again," said Mulraney.

"If clubs don't take the reasonable steps to ensure that doesn't happen then they should be punished. But if they do what's reasonable, should they be punished for something that they've no control over? No."

However, Kilmarnock director Michael Johnson believes clubs should be docked league points if their fans cannot behave.

"It's the only ultimate sanction that is really going to focus supporters minds on how damaging it is to their club," said Johnson.

"If you want the supporters to behave appropriately you have to have the sanction of imposing a points penalty I think."

They should of used this as a clear message that Rangers will not be trampled on anymore and said categorically that they stand by their initial statement. 

They have dealt themselves a huge blow in relationship with the fans if they do not backtrack from this, my opinion anyway. 

Why not wait til the lads were actually found guilty or not guilty at least. Poor show by the club imo. Yes some fans went on the defend the team but every club has a few intent on trouble, let's not kid ourselves. But I thought innocent till proven guilty should have stood in every case.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's the ban letters out now from Rangers. Who were the ones on here that had a go at me again when I went right through that Stewart Robertson for saying any offenders will be banned and you's all said stuff like come back to me when fans actually get banned and that he's only saying it for show to keep people happy. Be honest and own up.

Also flies in the face of their fantastic statement Rangers made on the Monday/Tue after the cup final.

This is back to the old Rangers we know.

Poor poor show - from a position of strength too.

I really feel like the new board has genuinely had the interest of the fans at heart - something we've been needing for so long - but totally agree with you on this point. 

They've stood firm on a few issues in recent months, and following their brilliant club statement after the final I thought they'd have the fans backs. Obviously not.

Disappointing, but my fingers are crossed that these 'bans' are just for show and the fans in question can carry on attending and supporting the very club they were standing up for in the first place.

Given the circumstances I'm very disappointed that the board couldn't, at the very least,  have left banning orders to the courts. 

It's not compulsory to ban fans for this,  otherwise 80% of the Motherwell support (that's probably about 80fans) would have been banned for their aggressive attempt to incite a riot at Fir Park last season. 

In the original thread I said @K.A.I was wrong to slate Robertson as I felt his statement at the time did not warrant the reaction, I also said we should wait and see how the club dealt with it.

This is exactly c1872 raison d'etre! Time for them to speak up in defence of the fans. It shouldn't matter that they're having to speak up against the club.

It is disgusting any action is being taken prior to court proceedings, far less against fans who were quite clearly provoked and in many cases trying to protect fellow fans and players. 

I'm assuming some of the banning notices are to fans who haven't been charged. I really hope it is an exercise in placation and indefinite means a couple of weeks...but it still stinks from our club...to be honest even more so that many of those fans will have paid for STs they can no longer use. 

3 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

If people have been stupid enough to react to the goading of Hibs fans and make their way to the pitch for a fight and been caught either on cameras or by the police in doing so, then I'm not quite sure what you expect from the club. 

Wasn't exactly being stupid and goaded into a fight...did you actually watch it?  The fans that actually done something deserve to be protected and backed by the club.   Poor show

Shocking decision IMO.

Staff and players can't comment as it's an 'on going investigation', but we can ban fans anyway. Ridiculous.

If the investigation was complete, and Rangers fans (rightly or wrongly) were convicted of a crime then fair enough, but that's not the case at all. 

The board should be fighting our corner and demanding answers, with the Motherwell and Hibs incidents happening in successive years our players safety must be in question.

Group of shitebags. 

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

In the original thread I said @K.A.I was wrong to slate Robertson as I felt his statement at the time did not warrant the reaction, I also said we should wait and see how the club dealt with it.

This is exactly c1872 raison d'etre! Time for them to speak up in defence of the fans. It shouldn't matter that they're having to speak up against the club.

It is disgusting any action is being taken prior to court proceedings, far less against fans who were quite clearly provoked and in many cases trying to protect fellow fans and players. 

I'm assuming some of the banning notices are to fans who haven't been charged. I really hope it is an exercise in placation and indefinite means a couple of weeks...but it still stinks from our club...to be honest even more so that many of those fans will have paid for STs they can no longer use. 

Fair play to you putting your head above water regarding the original thread and I agree with your post. Some good points there.

I've only seen two of the letters - one of them is to a guy who's pled not guilty but his trial isn't until Jan - he's lost his season ticket.

The other person I'm reluctant to comment on as court case ongoing and you never know who's reading.

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

Wasn't exactly being stupid and goaded into a fight...did you actually watch it?  The fans that actually done something deserve to be protected and backed by the club.   Poor show

Suggest you follow my posts through the thread.  Not repeating myself! ;)

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's the ban letters out now from Rangers. Who were the ones on here that had a go at me again when I went right through that Stewart Robertson for saying any offenders will be banned and you's all said stuff like come back to me when fans actually get banned and that he's only saying it for show to keep people happy. Be honest and own up.

Also flies in the face of their fantastic statement Rangers made on the Monday/Tue after the cup final.

This is back to the old Rangers we know.

Poor poor show - from a position of strength too.

Fuck knows when these Two will ever stick up for the fans .

Cup final riot 

Rangers make great statement 

Not one thing has been said to back it up 

Not one thing defending any part of the Rangers fans 

Reason .The fuckpigs although totally responsible for the shamefully poor security told them to pipe down .

King also owes SFA and it's clear he is making bridges with our enemies .

Not one hope in hell he is going to change .

42.000 ST is reason why 

I don't think they should be backed by the board as such. The Board should've said something like "we were provoked and reacted but don't condone violence however we will allow the courts to do their job" 

Boom that's club saying they don't agree with it, highlighting that it was hibs fault and Rangers will let the courts come up with a punishment. That's win win really. I don't think the op or anyone else wants the board to say "that was fucking brilliant up the volunteers" but the bans from.the club are pish imo

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Fair play to you putting your head above water regarding the original thread and I agree with your post. Some good points there.

I've only seen two of the letters - one of them is to a guy who's pled not guilty but his trial isn't until Jan - he's lost his season ticket.

Everything else aside, which is bad enough. The timing of that just stinks.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I don't think they should be backed by the board as such. The Board should've said something like "we were provoked and reacted but don't condone violence however we will allow the courts to do their job" 

Boom that's club saying they don't agree with it, highlighting that it was hibs fault and Rangers will let the courts come up with a punishment. That's win win really. I don't think the op or anyone else wants the board to say "that was fucking brilliant up the volunteers" but the bans from.the club are pish imo

Yeah that's what I mean, I would never want our club to condone violence of any kind, but this was an opportunity to be strong and allow the courts to decide...seems like a weak decision especially after the initial few statements.

Yeah that's what I mean, I would never want our club to condone violence of any kind, but this was an opportunity to be strong and allow the courts to decide...seems like a weak decision especially after the initial few statements.

I got your point mate. I was just ranting :lol:

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The other person I'm reluctant to comment on as court case ongoing and you never know who's reading.

If that's they case then pretty disgraceful from the board. Why on earth would they impose a ban on someone who's not even been to court for it yet? For all they know he might only be found guilty of picking daisies off the park. Shocking.

Should really have waited for the verdict, although as others have mentioned I'm assuming the way things are with football 'violence' regardless if your teams players are getting battered by hoards of junkie cunts, if your retaliate your getting fucked, if your wearing red, white and blue your probably going to be doubly fucked.

If the board don't already know then they need to get told by the powers that the majority of fans are disgusted by the verdict. 

I know a lot of fans are sceptical about the board but I've been pretty satisfied so far and hope they come out with a statement. Or at the very least explain their stance.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Totally different incidents. Our staff and players were attacked in front of our eyes at Hampden, for that supporters should be defended by our club. What Mohsni did was attack a fellow professional without any physical provocation on an already embarrassing day for the club. He deserved to be 'hung out to dry.' If you think the club was wrong not to defend that, and that its comparable to the cup final you're heads in he clouds mate. 

A lot of shite Moshni wasn't the aggressor, this board shat it that time and they have done the same once again.

Cowardly bastards that they are, we will be a walkover with this board in charge.

Head in the clouds i remember posters telling me at the time this wouldn't happen.