“I would say this year, we should at least come second.”

GOAT

Doesn't fit in very well at all - and especially with a former Topic of GOATS - asking DK to get his chequebook oot - we have a manager that speaks very well, and would never mention coming second - and then we have a chairman who speaks like a fucking choobe.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time he does an interview or answers any kind of questions, he brings the tarriers up far too much. Everything he says is comparable with them according to him, needs to fucking stop. 

In fact, don't let him do another interview ever again whilst he has connections to our club

I just wish the board and management at our club would stop mentioning IRAceltic in every interview .

Its supposed to be all about us and maximising our potential as a club and fan base, not constantly measuring ourselves against those tramps. 

Button it Dave. ??

I actually think we're waiting to see if the bheasts qualify and spend and if they do, we will spend. What I say to that is, fuck them as we're the benchmark. DK said similar last year and I thought it was just mind games but to be honest just avoid the fkn question Dave.

He's fucking obsessed with them, every interview he gives them a name check or two and it's getting old quickly. We're Rangers, we should always aim for first no matter what and our benchmark should never be celtic, ever.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I actually think we're waiting to see if the bheasts qualify and spend and if they do, we will spend. What I say to that is, fuck them as we're the benchmark. DK said similar last year and I thought it was just mind games but to be honest just avoid the fkn question Dave.

We won't spend whether Celtic spend or not. Since when did Rangers accept following Celtics lead.... We welcome the chase, not any more apparently

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

No chance.

The only reason King keeps mentioning them and now second place is because he knows we don't have the means to bring in what the manager is wanting. By saying shite like the above he is taking the pressure off himself by making it out like we don't have to win the title and second place is acceptable and our realistic goal.

I wonder why we had a card display saying "Going for 55" if this is the shite he's coming out with, if we want 55 we actually have to bring in the players to do so.

16 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The market has also shrunk since then. Kids are now following the EPL, La Liga, CL and that's the gear they want to be seen in.

That's the fault of the parents aswell.  See if my boy comes to me one day and says "da, i dont want a rangers top get me a man utd/chelsea/liverpool/man city top instead".  He will get a boot right in the baws.

That statement just emphasises that he isn't the man to take us forward. He's got no ambition and cares too much about what the tims are doing. He should focus on ridding the club of all its cancers and making it as self sufficient as possible then trying to find someone with the vision and funds to lead us into future success (preferably some rich Saudi prince).

Good piece of timing there from the bold Dave (I can still do a bit of commercial piracy) King.     Waits until 42k+ STs are in the bag and notably (still) silent on how much of his fabled £30m investment he is making, and then announces that actually he'd regard coming 2nd as the acceptable outcome for this season.   

A realistic assessment of the state of business (football and commercial) at Rangers or a case of a Chairman - and by extension Board - lacking in sufficient ambition and willpower / wherewithal to invest to make a 'coming second' statement utterly unnecessary?   We can all make our own decisions on that one.   But a lot of ST holders may feel just as let down by DKs statement as they were by the team's inability to win on Saturday.

Now we know what MW meant when he used the phrase 'more than competitive' as the aim for this season.   I originally took it to mean a vaguely coded ambition to win the league.   But no, it really means he and the team just need to do enough to come second as a minimum but would be fantastic if would could actually come first.     Changed days at Rangers when we settle for an ambition that 2nd will do.   Changed days indeed.   Maybe explains a bit of why the team underperformed on Saturday - knowledge that over the piece the real target is to be within overtaking distance of whoever is in 2nd place near the end of the season and then to overtake them to get to 2nd.    Since the rest are much of a muchness and will take points off each other the play then becomes one of doing enough to stay in touch.     Cynical I know but when you settle for anything other than top slot it changes your approach to your job and to doing business.

Pity the person doing the interview didn't press King on what investment is coming into the Club to add to the ST money and how much of his fabled £30m he is prepared to put in to get a few players who might make a 'coming second' statement something to avoid and where the emphasis was on resourcing the Club with a solid unwavering - and Rangers traditional - expectation to win.

Unfortunately for King statements about being content with 2nd have the effect at a stroke of dumbing down traditional Rangers' ambition.   Being the leader of a pack that follows is not where Rangers' history has led us.  Its just not.   He may think he is giving a realistic football assessment based on the state of matters (football and commercial) at Rangers this season.........but he's set a bad example of ambition and he has watered down the tradition we have of setting our aim - purely and simply - to win.    And if his objective is not met or bettered at the end of the season no doubt his commercial piracy skills will then turn to explaining that the Club is embarked on a 'project' and so the watering down risks being continued.  

Very disappointed in DK's statement.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

No chance.

The only reason King keeps mentioning them and now second place is because he knows we don't have the means to bring in what the manager is wanting. By saying shite like the above he is taking the pressure off himself by making it out like we don't have to win the title and second place is acceptable and our realistic goal.

I wonder why we had a card display saying "Going for 55" if this is the shite he's coming out with, if we want 55 we actually have to bring in the players to do so.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if we can overtake them,in the markets we're in and with MW as I still think he has a lot to learn. Am I accepting 2nd place (last), no fkn way but winning the league with a team on our budget against the bheasts and the tranny shagger would be one of the best feelings ever and I just hope this dream becomes a reality or it will be one fkn nightmare

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

celtic retail makes a loss, it's pumped up with their shirt deal so unless King has a 5/6 mill shirt deal sitting in the board room waiting to be signed I've no idea where the millions are coming from.  

I'm sure they distribute their shirts from inside the stadium which is more cost savings

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That's the fault of the parents aswell.  See if my boy comes to me one day and says "da, i dont want a rangers top get me a man utd/chelsea/liverpool/man city top instead".  He will get a boot right in the baws.

What I say to that is that kids aren't been brought up right. Our children should be one club and one club only outwith a UK nations top. Parents fold to easy these days for an easy life just because they have a disposable income 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if we can overtake them,in the markets we're in and with MW as I still think he has a lot to learn. Am I accepting 2nd place (last), no fkn way but winning the league with a team on our budget against the bheasts and the tranny shagger would be one of the best feelings ever and I just hope this dream becomes a reality or it will be one fkn nightmare

The thing is that we are a better footballing side than they are currently. We have a manager who has got his ethos across for over a year and we are ahead of them as the cup semi proved.

What is the real shame here is a chairman not backing the manager with the two signings MW clearly is wanting in. 2 players of a good standard and we IMo would be well capable of winning it because Celt*c are not a good side.

Dropping two points and losing out best attacker for what looks like a lengthy spell is the worst possible start and if King and co hold back the cash in this scenario then I don't hold out much hope for the future with them. The fans have done their bit but he's not coming good on his previous word.

Excuses are in early from Dave and he's already talking about the January window and second place...that's an actual embarrassment tbh.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm sure they distribute their shirts from inside the stadium which is more cost savings

They do mate, I was really surprised by that little nugget. 

When you think about it what more do you need than a decent sized room and a couple of folk putting strips into large plastic envelopes. 

I've shelled out over £800 in ST and pay for every other single game Rangers are involved in, for this idiot to come out and tell me that he, the chairman of Rangers is happy with second? 

Is he actually having a fucking laugh? 

Substantial investment? Haha. More like luck because we have an extremely competant and savvy manager when it comes to dealing with transfers, who has somehow pulled of a minor miracle so far because of him and his teams hardwork. It certainly isnt down to substantial investment

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Why have we got a team on a budget? He said he had £30 million