“I would say this year, we should at least come second.”

GOAT

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

They haven't been in the CL for 2 seasons and are coming off the back of 3 seasons with 25k less season tickets than they previously had. The are outspending us because they have a billionaire on board who can provide the guarantees. We are led by a crook who has no credit with the bank and will never have us competing

They've had some runs in the UEFA group stages which, although not the cash cow the CL is, still brings in millions of pounds.  They've sold close to 40k ST in previous seasons and they have been able to charge more since they were in a higher division.  They've also sold a number of players for £5m-£10m while we've made fuck all in transfer fees for a long time.  They are a long way ahead of us financially and blaming Dave King for that is ridiculous.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Who said we are accepting second? He just said we must come at least second. That doesn't mean he would happily accept second. I think he means that if we challenge and just miss out then that will be tolerated not necessarily accepted. Warburton wouldn't lose his job for coming second this season. However, anything lower than that will not be tolerated. 

He's accepting second, I don't care which way u try and spin what he said he said second will do. If he wasn't accepting second but we came second MW would be out a job and if he means that MW won't be out a job by finishing second then to me he is accepting it. Lower than second in our league with our supposed resources (DK words) is an absolute fuckin embarrassment. I can't and won't ever take to DK as he doesn't have RFC at heart he is only interested in himself, if he didn't want or need his 20 million that he put in first time round (if this is even true)  then he wouldn't be near us he's only trying to recoup that money then he will be off. We won't see significant investment in our team unless it's us the fans that are doing it. 

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They've had some runs in the UEFA group stages which, although not the cash cow the CL is, still brings in millions of pounds.  They've sold close to 40k ST in previous seasons and they have been able to charge more since they were in a higher division.  They've also sold a number of players for £5m-£10m while we've made fuck all in transfer fees for a long time.  They are a long way ahead of us financially and blaming Dave King for that is ridiculous.

Who's blaming King for that, the past is the past and has no relevance to fans and shareholders. It's the boards responsibility to raise funds and deliver the title. Celtic have already earned £5.9 million for qualifying for the 4th round of CL qualifiers. If they win the tie they will have CL money or a the worst if they lose a run in the Europa League. They have increases sales in ST. Based on that and your assessment they will be a long way ahead of us this year and next meaning it's 7 in a row. I don't want to hear about Celtic, I want to know what our board are going to do to deliver the funds to put us back in our rightful place. It's the Rangers way.

He's probably spot on. If we do finish second in the league would there be many folk crying out for a new manager? I know I probably wouldn't be. Celtic still have the strongest squad in the league.

Having said that, I agree with folk who are saying that this isn't something that the chairman should be coming out and saying because ultimately, the aim should be to win the league.

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Shite over substance from you all the time.  Rinse and Repeat. :D

Rinse and repeat, you must be thinking about your wankfest over every word King utters. 

If the lying fool had simply told us the truth however unpleasant that would've been he would've still got to power, he wasn't exactly up against anything worth keeping. 

Instead he spouted utter rubbish and has continued to spout rubbish everytime he makes an appearance. If you want to eat up that rubbish don't let me stop you, but please refrain from telling rest of us that it tastes good. 

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Who's blaming King for that, the past is the past and has no relevance to fans and shareholders. It's the boards responsibility to raise funds and deliver the title. Celtic have already earned £5.9 million for qualifying for the 4th round of CL qualifiers. If they win the tie they will have CL money or a the worst if they lose a run in the Europa League. They have increases sales in ST. Based on that and your assessment they will be a long way ahead of us this year and next meaning it's 7 in a row. I don't want to hear about Celtic, I want to know what our board are going to do to deliver the funds to put us back in our rightful place. It's the Rangers way.

Perhaps Dave King doesn't think it's a good idea to spend money we don't have.  We've been operating at a loss for years now.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Perhaps the Dave King doesn't think it's a good idea to spend money we don't have.  We've been operating at a loss for years now.

Well he shouldn't come out with utter bullshit telling fans he's going to invest 'x' amount of money then put out bullshit sound bites like this and the January window then.

He's a liar and I don't trust a word he says.  

5 pages so far and I'm surprised no one has said it so here I go....

Imagine the Easdales came out and said that.

Oh lordy the uproar would be deafening. 

I've never ever trusted Tam,the sooner people wake up to his pish the better,but he's Mr Rangers according to some clowns out there so nothing will get said until it's too late.

Needs a boot in the stones for the utter shite that he comes out with everytime he's over here,remember him saying we could get the oldco back and merge the companies :lol:

First class bawhum of a man.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Perhaps the Dave King doesn't think it's a good idea to spend money we don't have.  We've been operating at a loss for years now.

Well you tell me how we are going to catch Celtic if he doesn't provide serious cash? What is it that's stopping you questioning or criticising him?

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

5 pages so far and I'm surprised no one has said it so here I go....

Imagine the Easdales came out and said that.

Oh lordy the uproar would be deafening. 

I've never ever trusted Tam,the sooner people wake up to his pish the better,but he's Mr Rangers according to some clowns out there so nothing will get said until it's too late.

Needs a boot in the stones for the utter shite that he comes out with everytime he's over here,remember him saying we could get the oldco back and merge the companies :lol:

First class bawhum of a man.

That's because they are the past, the ones mentioning them are folk trying to cover for Kings bullshit. 

43 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He played his part in the downfall of Rangers both as a board member and turning down Rangers for a paltry £18 million and also not buying Rangers at the admin. The man is a lying bastard of the highest order and the sooner he is out of Ibrox the better, Rangers need real money invested now to springboard us into Europe next year, and now its too late.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well he shouldn't come out with utter bullshit telling fans he's going to invest 'x' amount of money then put out bullshit sound bites like this and the January window then.

He's a liar and I don't trust a word he says.  

This board can't afford Rangers regardless what lying bastard says. If Rangers can't get someone with real money taking over we are fucked. The bastard wouldn't buy Rangers when we were getting into Europe and earning top dollar every year and he doesn't change his tune either, full of lies and excuses.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I've shelled out over £800 in ST and pay for every other single game Rangers are involved in, for this idiot to come out and tell me that he, the chairman of Rangers is happy with second? 

Is he actually having a fucking laugh? 

Substantial investment? Haha. More like luck because we have an extremely competant and savvy manager when it comes to dealing with transfers, who has somehow pulled of a minor miracle so far because of him and his teams hardwork. It certainly isnt down to substantial investment

I think we did bring in better than should have last summer with EFL championship players. 

This season weve brought in 6 or 7 but not strengthened the correct areas yet.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I wonder why we had a card display saying "Going for 55" if this is the shite he's coming out with, if we want 55 we actually have to bring in the players to do so.

This. 

Embarrassing him coming out that this 2nd place pish. He obviously has zero cash for bring in the quality we need.

Bringing Barton and Rossiter in was good business but you can't scrape bargains out to win the league. Money needs to be spent on quality.

21 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Dont know why people are getting upset by this, going by our last 2 games we will be lucky to finish second. 

Unfortunately we can shout all we like, but no one can buy/ guarantee success. It's a long term project which needs to be based on sound foundations. Based on our most recent results- we have a real challenge on our hands- of course we want to win the League- but there's more than one team standing in the way- and so far and with no disrespect to MW and DW- they look more readily placed for the season ahead at this point. I am not sure throwing millions at the team will provide the solution. As to DK, well for me the Jury is still out- and is likely to be out for some time.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What if we finish 3rd this year? 

Is he saying that's unacceptable and a sackable offence?

Maybe not a sackable offence in his view but certainly unacceptable. That's what is meant by "at least". 

For folk who spend so much time analysing every word some people utter the comprehension of them is fucking woeful at times.