“I would say this year, we should at least come second.”

GOAT

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Too many of our support defend King and think he can do no wrong because he's "the Rangers man" that got rid of the previous shower of shite.  No one will challenge him on the promises he told us and that's really a sad for me.

King has went from £50m investment, to £30m investment, to £20m investment to now we're a club that needs to run within our means, bla bla bla etc etc.  Why wont some of our support challenge this pish?  He's promised us the world and so far, he's gave us not a lot.  He's a Rangers man though, so it's ok.

Rangers man my arse, Rangers men put a considerable percentage of their own income into the club and ask for nothing back. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Listen, you can claim he didn't say it this or he was misquoted that or everyone of us has picked him up wrong. 

We all know what he meant by claiming he had 30mill personally to invest and would bring another 20mill from fellow investors over 4 years which he thought we would more than likely need to be front loaded to compete with them. 

You can make your claim all day if you want but it's still the same bullshit. 

Not everyone has picked him up wrong...some people understand and comprehend plain English.

But there are also some people who are just not happy certain people are in the boardroom and will twist everything into a negative in the hope of getting enough mud to stick that people start to believe in their wee fantasy.

41 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

What?

No idea what it's about - it's not my statement. It is part of the thousand words that I copy&pasted from the DK interview - so no fucking idea what that specific point is, that you copied from my post, of that interview.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Not everyone has picked him up wrong...some people understand and comprehend plain English.

But there are also some people who are just not happy certain people are in the boardroom and will twist everything into a negative in the hope of getting enough mud to stick that people start to believe in their wee fantasy.

Well you are consistent with the bullshit, I'll give you that. 

The man lies it's that simple, it's not hard to imagine from a crook mind you. So in one point your probably right, more fool us for actually believing him. 

King is not very streetwise when speaking to the Press. What I think he was trying to say on a ham fisted way was that the worst he and the board would accept is 2nd place from the management team anything less was unacceptable and deemed to be a failure. Unfortunately we are financially well behind Celtic due to previous boards actions including SDM. So we cannot compete financially at the moment with them , we need therefore to be smarter than Celtic and I think  we are.  We can win the league if we get a decent striker and CB but this is essential.  However King should have kept these type of comments between him and the management team and just said he expects us to win it as a Rangers chairman should 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well you are consistent with the bullshit, I'll give you that. 

The man lies it's that simple, it's not hard to imagine from a crook mind you. So in one point your probably right, more fool us for actually believing him. 

Lies?  He's certainly not alone there... :pipe:

That comment is open to interpretation as is everything King says.  The way I understand this is that we will finish no lower than second,  I demand,  as does  the rest of the support, that we win the league. I don't care if it's on points or goal difference just as long as we win.  

52 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

So...

After 4 years and all the shit that we've dealt with in that period, we're back and even though we're still significantly hamstrung with a variety of issues that need legal challenge to free ourselves of and we're aiming for "at least" second place ?

In the circumstances, that's a reasonable target. Says to me we want to win it, but to do that we have to finish above a club that this season will outspend us by a significant amount because they can...that's just reality for now.

Far too much sense in that post for here, mate.

25 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

That's it in a nutshell mate. Most can but don't want to comprehend due to the reason you have given.

Head shaking stuff at times ...

21 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Too many of our support defend King and think he can do no wrong because he's "the Rangers man" that got rid of the previous shower of shite.  No one will challenge him on the promises he told us and that's really a sad for me.

King has went from £50m investment, to £30m investment, to £20m investment to now we're a club that needs to run within our means, bla bla bla etc etc.  Why wont some of our support challenge this pish?  He's promised us the world and so far, he's gave us not a lot.  He's a Rangers man though, so it's ok.

Phrase gets banded about too often. King the Rangers man, Murray the Rangers man. Load of pish.

If me or you or the rest of our support won £50million on the lottery I would guarantee we would walk up to Ibrox give MW a cheque for £5million and tell him to go and win us that league.

King? Wants the most for a pittance and happy to accept 2nd. Rangers man:lol:

33 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Have you been in a coma the last five years (or more)?  There's a reason we're in this predicament....starts with Murray and ends with Green and will continue until we can extricate ourselves from Ashley...something our board are working on.

It's fuck all to do with that cunt Ashley, it's everything to do with King, his lies and his empty pockets

29 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

30-50 over 4 years but it seems that's everything from wages to maintenance and cleaning which isn't really happening.  What you reckon we're spending on wages inc the mgt team this season and last? 6 less or more, I just don't know

He said it two and a half years ago, at least we will see it in the next 18 months

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Phrase gets banded about too often. King the Rangers man, Murray the Rangers man. Load of pish.

If me or you or the rest of our support won £50million on the lottery I would guarantee we would walk up to Ibrox give MW a cheque for £5million and tell him to go and win us that league.

King? Wants the most for a pittance and happy to accept 2nd. Rangers man:lol:

Spot on points but John Gilligan is a Rangers man.

26 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic are outspending us because they have European football, more ST holders, and sell their player assets for significant sums of money.  That's not Dave Kings fault.  We need to match them off the park if we're to stand a better chance of beating them on the park. 

They haven't been in the CL for 2 seasons and are coming off the back of 3 seasons with 25k less season tickets than they previously had. The are outspending us because they have a billionaire on board who can provide the guarantees. We are led by a crook who has no credit with the bank and will never have us competing

If King said he was looking to come second I'd sympathise with the usual wingers, the fact it's a statement qualified by his two most  important words "AT LEAST " means I don'thave to get my knickers in a twist while he also takes the pressure of Warburton . Warburton  will though be out of a job if 55 is not achieved this season or next, guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Fabric said:

Anything less than first isn't accepted. Are we really going to accept 2nd behind them? They are pish and we are accepting second, I didn't hear this when I was getting badgered to renew my STs

Who said we are accepting second? He just said we must come at least second. That doesn't mean he would happily accept second. I think he means that if we challenge and just miss out then that will be tolerated not necessarily accepted. Warburton wouldn't lose his job for coming second this season. However, anything lower than that will not be tolerated. 

5 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

If King said he was looking to come second I'd sympathise with the usual wingers, the fact it's a statement qualified by his two most  important words "AT LEAST " means I don'thave to get my knickers in a twist while he also takes the pressure of Warburton . Warburton  will though be out of a job if 55 is not achieved this season or next, guaranteed. 

What if we finish 3rd this year? 

Is he saying that's unacceptable and a sackable offence?

Stupid statement to make. But it's really up to the management and playing staff where we end up this year. They are more in touch with the fans than Dave will ever be, and should know by now what's expected from this clubs support. If its second place we get fair enough but not til everyone of that squad has gave 100% in every game, nothing less will do.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Very true

Now i wonder what we'll do with our 4p in every tenner spent on merchandise :dry: