English Football

Clemdog

Double post but:
Speaking of Arsenal and Rangers, we have important history which some people seem to overlook! I'll always appreciate how you basically saved our club from going under and bought vital shares around the early 1900's when Tottenham (cunts) and Chelsea were basically trying to absorb us. I highly doubt we'd exist if your lot hadn't stepped in. No wonder I've always got time for the Gers, as should all Gooners!

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It sounds mental to even say out loud, but does anybody else think Ten Haag deserves some stick for how bad Man Utd have been in these two games?

Like I’m all for coaches trying to improve players and having a philosophy and whatever but when you have a 30 year old keeper who’s never been good at playing it out, and you try to make him play it out rather than adapt and play to his (and the other players you have strengths) then I think you deserve a bit of stick for being either extremely arrogant, or extremely naive.

Bookies have him at 5-1 alongside Lampard to be the first to get fired. Just behind Ralph Hasenhutti.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It sounds mental to even say out loud, but does anybody else think Ten Haag deserves some stick for how bad Man Utd have been in these two games?

Like I’m all for coaches trying to improve players and having a philosophy and whatever but when you have a 30 year old keeper who’s never been good at playing it out, and you try to make him play it out rather than adapt and play to his (and the other players you have strengths) then I think you deserve a bit of stick for being either extremely arrogant, or extremely naive.

He definitely deserves some of the blame, he has failed to properly motivate his squad

At the same time I think Man Utd have a few too many bang average players. But at the same time again, they also have a decent number of players who should be very good

The worry would be if Ten Hag still can't get the best out of players like Varane, Fernandes and Sancho, because the only thing he can do is get the best out the players he has, so if players like those still don't perform under him then that's a failure on him imo. On paper, an attack which has Ronaldo, Fernandes and Sancho in it should be one of the best in the league but they're nowhere near it atm

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t get why he’s been their keeper so long regardless of how he plays it out.  I’ve never got the hype even in his early days there and especially at contract extension time a few years back.

40 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sancho and Fernandes are two of the most overrated players in the league.

Relying on them to bail out the other shit is destined for failure.

I don't think anybody rates Sancho in the Premier League, but Dortmund Sancho was an excellent player, Man Utd have done something wrong there

On 17/08/2022 at 19:38, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who cares? I’m just looking forward to their relegation six pointer with Liverpool on Monday. Just a pity they both can’t lose.