Should we drop Barton for the OF game?

Johnmon

13 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd rather have Rossiter for that game.  Barton has a real lack of pace and I can't see him catching some of the midfielders they have.  Plus, losing that game would give "Broony" the bragging rights over him which would be fucking embarrassing after all the talk.

So we just pick players now on the basis that brown might have a good game and slag our players?? NO FUCKING WAY!! The way too stop that happening is by putting that wee fuck in his place..........i honestly have a feeling barton will have a great game at parkhead.

Have some balls and a fucking backbone mate.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Based on what? 

Based on my opinion of him being far and away our best midfielder so far this season. Playing out of position and being asked to create is not his game. I dont buy the barton has been pish line. Drop young jordan and sit barton right infront of the back 4 and watch him have a fantastic game.

Just my opinion:541:

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Coming from the muppet who claims we missed a player badly when we lost 1 game in 13 matches whilst scoring many goals in this period. Absolutely clueless and factually incorrect thing to suggest.

Let's not play certain players who've trained for weeks and had match action because their 'not match fit' but play a guy who's been injured from the start of August. :lol:

Yes, factually incorrect to suggest that our top scorer both this season and last, is not a miss.

You make the start of August sound like it was 6 months ago and not the start of this month/a few weeks ago.

No idea why you've become so distressed at the stating of a fact.

It's a recurring theme that whenever somebody on the forum proves you wrong with a fact, you stop quoting them so that they don't know you've responded. In the hope that your idiocy will go unnoticed. You become embroiled in more arguments than anyone else I've ever seen on this forum through your quite simply moronic rants.

Move on.

this is a game Barton will thrive in, he hasn't lost his head once and kept his cool so far and look at that challenge he got from the killie c*nt last night, shocking.  Barton just cleans up really well, hes not a playmaker or star man that everyone here seems to think?

18 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Based on my opinion of him being far and away our best midfielder so far this season. Playing out of position and being asked to create is not his game. I dont buy the barton has been pish line. Drop young jordan and sit barton right infront of the back 4 and watch him have a fantastic game.

Just my opinion:541:

I don't think Barton has been "far and away" our best midfielder.  Harry Forrester has been performing since the Charleston Battery game all the way up to last night, he's doing very well for us.  That aside, our team midfield to front just hasn't clicked this season.  I'm not even sure what our best midfield is at the moment. 

If "Broony" gets the better of Barton in that game it'll be a humiliation.  I can't help but feel Barton has set himself up for an almighty fall.

Barton should definitely start the Old Firm game, no question. Not because of his form in a Rangers jersey but because of 1) his experience 2) his ability 3) the fact we are still only 4 league games into a new season.

I've seen people suggest the likes of Lee Wallace, Joey Barton and Barrie McKay should be dropped. We shouldn't be considering dropping first choice players just 4 league games into a new season. We should be deciding upon our first choice 11 and largely sticking with it for approx the first 10 league games in my view.

In my view a dip in form should not lead to automatic de-selection. There are times when you need to stand by players, trust their quality will shine through and let them play their way back into top form. Only under circumstances where a first choice player's attitude/work rate is alarmingly poor should they be dropped immediately in my view.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's a complete utter lie you absolute clown. 

Only thing moronic is you, absolutely clueless on football, should move on to another sport or just stick to your tedious transfer posts that nobody cares about. Or posting pictures to get likes. Sado.

Remember when you said Waghorn is by far the most technically gifted player in Scotland. :lol: Remember that one @King Jela ?

Using Jela as your back up automatically negates any point you were trying to make.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's a complete utter lie you absolute clown. 

Only thing moronic is you, absolutely clueless on football, should move on to another sport.

Remember when you said Waghorn is by far the most technically gifted player in Scotland. :lol: Remember that one @King Jela ?

So because somebody disagrees with an opinion from months ago you take note and refuse to entertain anything they say in the future. Says a lot more about you than me.

I don't hold grudges with people on a forum. Everybody has their opinion and that's fair enough. I'm sure I've disagreed with views he's had in the past however that doesn't mean I refuse to listen to anything he says after that.

Anyway, if you could kindly refrain from taking the thread any more off-topic. (tu) Seriously, stop trying to make a point-scoring match. It's really not that serious.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I think Barton will be fine Rossiter was poor last night and should sit out, we should never play two defensive midfielders anyway.

A number of people have made this point and I must say I totally agree. Barton has been having to play out of position and made to look bad because he's having to do his job as well as step in for Rossiter on a number of occasions. While I fully believe that Rossiter will be a star in the future, he has a lot to learn and obviously lacks an abundance of experience. Which is enritely understandable seen as he's only 19 and had only made 1 first team appearance before he joined us.

Barton will start on experience,we need 2 attacking and creative midfielders that will link up with the forward 3 so if fit i'd choose Holt and Windass, Waghorn will be back he'll cause that lot problems, Garner hopefully will start he's a handful and like to get right in the mix of things, i'm not sure about McKay starting on the left so either Forrester or MOH, the defence worries me Tav is great at attacking but defending isn't his strongest point, the CB's i need say nothing and Wallace hasn't been up to much in all honesty.

No I'd drop Rossiter. I think Barton will be of more use as he takes shots on goal etc, Rossiter doesn't do that. I really like Rossiter, I'm always singing his praises but Joey is made for these big games.

14 hours ago, King Jela said:

I'd rather him than Rossiter, although I'm fucking dreading the inevitable clash with Broonaldo based on this season's showing. Can see that play-doh munching retard having a field day.

This:disappointment:don't like saying it but they'll have a field day with us

Unless Barton was injured I don't think there is any way he'd be dropped for the OF game.  Playing in OF games is likely to have been a key reason for deciding to play for Rangers and a key selling point by MW in persuading him (and Nico) to sign.  

Besides which the TV companies will doubtless expect to see Joey and Nico playing as it adds spice to viewing interest for the game.   These 2 names will already be inked in on the team sheet subject only to not having any injuries that would prevent them from playing.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Please don't report me Al. :(

What's with all the lies today? Think that says more about you than anything.

I give likes and agree with posts from people I dislike on here, like Al, BP9. I'm very opinionated especially about the club I love, but don't hold grudges and certainly don't do the things you're suggesting. I'll give you a perfect example, the cloth monster months back sent me a message calling me a shitebag or something and went on a rant. In the last couple of months we've given each other likes and agreed on many things. If I held grudges or took things seriously why would I entertain someone who sent a private message like that?

It had nothing to do withe point-scoring, it was simply about the illogical point about not picking players for being unfit then picking Waghorn, it's reallt that simple bud. But yeah let's leave just agree to disagree mate. (tu)

I sent you that message in private because our argument was shitting up the Tavernier thread and you went on to continue it in a different thread with petty insults against me even though I hadn't even posted in that other thread. :541:

Just now, tam57 said:

Barton has wound up broonaldo. is he smart enough not to try and kick joey off the park? I think this is one of the reasons Barton will play.

Lego muncher assaults people every game and gets protected from the refs, why will it be different against us?

8 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I sent you that message in private because our argument was shitting up the Tavernier thread and you went on to continue it in a different thread with petty insults against me even though I hadn't even posted in that other thread. :541:

Post the PM to prove it...