Who honestly enjoys games Vs Celtic?

Junior Soprano

4 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Have always said, playing them especially at the Piggery is the greatest of highs or the lowest of lows. Witnessed some amazing moments, probably Albertz goal in the SC semi final was the best for the explosion of sheer joy but also remember vividly them scoring when it was standing. You'd see them jump about and there would be silence for the split second it would take for the roar to travel to our end. Surreal moments.

You still get that split second thing when the bastards score at ibrox for me up at the Copland . One of the worst feeings in football.  Although probably not as clear as it was in the days you refer to 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I only got to 1 Old Firm game when Piggery was standing but was the 4-2 game we were 3-0 up in about 20 minutes and I still notice the ball basically hitting the net and that split second like you say cos of the terracing, the track, the goals scored at the other end and that split second it's surreal like you kinda hear a split second of a player scream yes and there's that slight delay and you see the ball settled in the net then all hell breaks loose .. bodies everywhere. Great days. Wish I was born ten years earlier to experience more like that.

Never experienced anything quite like the Rangers end when it was terracing. Biggest away support in the UK ?

Unless I'm at it then I agree. I hate watching Rangers on the TV in general and when it comes time to play them I just go for a walk until it's over :lol: Then down to the pub after either on an extreme high or an extreme low.

Still though, regardless of result I wouldn't change the experience in the slightest.

Before the last one I was pacing up and down the living room, war songs on, eyes welling up the anger and hatred for these bastards is on another level. They're fucking repulsive cunts.

That game in April sapped everything out of me

Went home.got a chinky and went to bed. As I've got older I struggle to.deal with them. Couldn't speak for a while after it bubbling the lot. I can't even describe it I'm a shambles with these games.

I find it easier being at the game than I do watching on TV.  

No I don't enjoy the build up or the game itself,I find I don't eat right the week before the game,canny sleep general sense of unease.The game is a blur of emotion,seen me having to leave the room,won't go for a pish if we're ahead incase i jinx it,general insane behaviour.So no i don"t enjoy the event.

I just hate the ridiculous morning KO times, just cannot get settled into it at those times. We can all thank THEM, and their outrageously disgusting behaviour back in 1999 and never let them forget that. Although, Scotland's Game conviently glossed over that last week.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Before the last one I was pacing up and down the living room, war songs on, eyes welling up the anger and hatred for these bastards is on another level. They're fucking repulsive cunts.

That game in April sapped everything out of me

Went home.got a chinky and went to bed. As I've got older I struggle to.deal with them. Couldn't speak for a while after it bubbling the lot. I can't even describe it I'm a shambles with these games.

I find it easier being at the game than I do watching on TV.  

this , I remember thinking to myself a few times during the game back in April , imagine an outsider looking in at all this . People paying good money to go and put themselves through 90 or 140 odd minutes in that instance of pure torture . Everyone around you and yourself is an emotional wreck , anxiety levels all at as high as they can possibly be . It's so bizzare

I don't really think about the game or the build up.

When it kicks in for me is when the fenians team gets read out over the tannoy and you can feel the fucking hatred of everything they stand for with the boos that come for every player. That's when I start shaking with adrenaline:lol:

Never a better feeling walking out a ground beating them. 

Feel like your heart hits the floor even when they score, never mind a defeat

After the cup semi I was physically and emotionally wrecked, could barely walk up the stairs to get out, yes i was overjoyed and ecstatic at beating the bastards but I was absolutely fucking drained leaving hampdump, can make me physically sick the morning of the game as well, so while I love the atmosphere and going to the game I kinda see where the op is coming from but oh that floaty feeling when we've won, defeat sees my entire life ended for day's on end .

I'm usually a nervous/excited but I am fucking dreading this one. The last two I've went to the games with low expectation and a nothing to lose attitude but this one is different for me. There's an everything to gain / everything to lose feeling for this one.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

I despise them. The only thing I enjoyed about getting relegated was not playing those cunts.

I hate the week build up. I hate the sleepless night before. I hate feeling agitated from morning to kick off.

Cant enjoy my beer before and during the game.

Hate feeling the dread of waking up the next morning after a defeat.

Fucking hate this game and I can't be the only one.

and the winner of 'cheeriest post of the year' is......

Hate the bastards with a passion, always have and always will, but the feeling of beating them is worth all the stress and this is from someone who endured their niar, ao man up and take the good with the bad.

It's a bit like having a danger wank. Enjoyable and stressful as fuck at the same time.

Until you start getting beat, then it's just shite. Bit like when she comes through and you don't get to finish. Goes from fun yet stressful to utter dejection.

The build up is excellent. Nothing better than to really look forward to something that has endless possibilities.  It's  abit like looking forward to a date with a tasty chick and you know there is definitely a chance of scoring but you also know you might not; anything could happen. But if the end of the game results in an Edu or Lovenkrands type winner it;s like she dragged you back to her place and got out the poppers. If we get beat it;s as disappointing as a knock back or if you fucked things up and you need a bit of time to recover. And if it's a draw, well nothing ventured nothing gained, you gave yourself every chance and you can walk away with some pride. I love it, 

I love it all, it's what makes this fixture so special.

And then when we win and seeing the Rangers fans doing the bouncy and the glum looks of their greetin faces. I'm not sure there is a better feeling in the world. 

The anxiety and tension is what makes the victories all that much sweeter. 

I start getting a bit anxious about two days before game, on the morning of the game I canny eat anything, stomachs in knots, my missus doesn't get it why I'm nippy as fuck if we're getting beat, I try and keep busy if we get beat, if we win I just feel so fuckin great and always ask the missus if she wants to go out, if not I go myself,I canny wait to get to work to wind up the cunts at work, here's hoping for a good result on Saturday.