****Your official Rangers V Ross county thread****

AlCapone

Dont get this 'Tav has been our best defender'.

So his defending has been less shite than the others? Wow!

We desperately need to tighten up at the back and everyone has been looking solely at the CBs. I think the fullbacks have been equally to blame. I like both Tav and Lee but they need to know they have to bring their A game more often.

15 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Dont get this 'Tav has been our best defender'.

So his defending has been less shite than the others? Wow!

We desperately need to tighten up at the back and everyone has been looking solely at the CBs. I think the fullbacks have been equally to blame. I like both Tav and Lee but they need to know they have to bring their A game more often.

You want us to tighten up at the back by playing Halliday in defence and dropping our best player this season :lol:doh

On 12/09/2016 at 11:58 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Wallace, as club captain, won't be dropped. He should be, though. The suggestion of Hodson and Tavernier playing at both left and right back is food for thought.

Senderos or Kiernan is like picking between a boot in the balls or a brick to your face.

Why not? If Barca can drop Andres Iniesta, we can drop Wallace.

48 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

The thought of Kiernan and Hill in defence is tragic but that's what it's most likely gonna be. Still can't believe we are at this position of not even having a semi decent CB pairing. Nobody from the youths we can promote?

It is concerning.

I wonder if Kiernan will have recovered from his injury by Sat ?  

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

I honestly despair when I see people wanting Kiernan to play, has anyone actually watched him play? He's our biggest problem by a country fucking mile

Just something in a list, the lack of energy in the midfield is a far more concerning area. 

Compare the midfield from Saturday to the one that played them in the semi cup. Kiernan was still playing, yet the game was completely different.

We're going to concede, there's no arguing there. More often than not it'll be about damage control. However without a pacey midfield, our forwards don't get the ball and thus we don't get goals. More bad comes out of us having a poor Midfield because it means we'll have issues scoring. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Just something in a list, the lack of energy in the midfield is a far more concerning area. 

Compare the midfield from Saturday to the one that played them in the semi cup. Kiernan was still playing, yet the game was completely different.

We're going to concede, there's no arguing there. More often than not it'll be about damage control. However without a pacey midfield, our forwards don't get the ball and thus we don't get goals. More bad comes out of us having a poor Midfield because it means we'll have issues scoring. 

Even Kiernan being in possession is a major worry, he wasn't under any pressure and I lost count how many times he passed the ball straight to a Celtic player. He's not got what it takes and he needs to go, it doesn't matter who replaces him as they will do a slightly better job, he's nowhere near Rangers-class and never will be. Plus he's a fenian cunt into the bargain,he can away bounce about with his mate James McClean at Parkhead again

After last weeknd's debacle and the next two away games being very difficult, this game has a lot of pressure on players to respond and get some needed morale and form going to the sheep pricks and the maroon pricks.  Some selection is limited e.g. CH's as I'm loathed to say Kiernan but let's face it he'll play.  Arses need kicked and frighteners put down so I'm thinking..... (Not sure who's fit /not) 

Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan (sorry), Wilson (if fit) or Hill (ffs), Wallace, Barton, Windass, Forrester, Waghorn, Garner, MOH 

42 minutes ago, Spuddy Zelda said:

Play Barton at centre back - he likes to sit back, can play passes out of defence, can tackle, can lead, and has reasonable pace for this position. Rossiter as CM.

I take it you saw the way he missed that header for their 4th or 5th goal on Saturday?

Barton for centre-back?

Although I suppose it puts him in good company with some of the others....

13 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Even Kiernan being in possession is a major worry, he wasn't under any pressure and I lost count how many times he passed the ball straight to a Celtic player. He's not got what it takes and he needs to go, it doesn't matter who replaces him as they will do a slightly better job, he's nowhere near Rangers-class and never will be. Plus he's a fenian cunt into the bargain,he can away bounce about with his mate James McClean at Parkhead again

Yeah, he tries his best to do long passes but just fucks it up. It's not even passable as clearing the ball sometimes. 

Like I said with the midfield, Barton let it down by doing what Kiernan did and just passed the ball away so many times. McKay i'll say get's a free pass because he got bullied off it so much

For me Kiernan is certainly behind Wilson at this point, heck I'd say even hill but he, Senderos and Kiernan could remake the 3 stooges together.  

37 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Aye no matter how wrong, you are either young or you're at it or it could simply be you're an idiot.  If its the latter I apologise in advance.

Thats right I'm entitled to be wrong. Just 'cos you dont know what being wrong feels like.

FYI I am only young compared to people who are older than me.

I am not at it. I have given my opinion on an open forum, I dont give a shit if you agree or not.

I am not an idiot, I can do joined-up writing etc.

PS I accept your apology even though it is misplaced.

X

27 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Can you stop sticking up for him now mate, he is absolute fucking gash.

Said in another thread yesterday, back to basics, as many as last seasons team in as possible with 2/3 new players, then start integrating the other players in a bit at a time over the next 6 weeks

Foderingham

Tavernier         Hill           Wilson     Wallace

Barton

Windass                 Halliday

O'Halloran            Waghorn          Forrester

team is balanced, has pace, guile, a genuine goal threat, energy in the middle of the park and experience at the back and you'd hope an understanding between Hill and the DCM Barton

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I take it you saw the way he missed that header for their 4th or 5th goal on Saturday?

Barton for centre-back?

Although I suppose it puts him in good company with some of the others....

Agreed, he could be better with his head but he has other aspects of his game which fit the bill I think. Carry on struggling with a Kiernan, Wilson, Senderos and Hill combo if you think that's better tho!!