Best Debut

mearns loyal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan McLaren against the tarriers at hampden '94 , also Andy Dibble at their shithole in the 9IAR season . Dale Gordon against dunfermline was also a pretty good debut . Graham Roberts against the tayside tims was top class , his first tackle gave us all a guide to what we could expect .

27 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Big Amo came on early as a sub at the Stinkdome in Scottish cup semi final and was brilliant,can anyone confirm that was his debut?

I'm sure it was and iirc put in a crunching tackle straight away which endeared him to us .

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

I'm sure it was and iirc put in a crunching tackle straight away which endeared him to us .

I remember him basically being a laughing stock prior to that game in a similar way to Prodan but he was an absolute man mountain that day and pretty much every time we played them the big man put in a performance for us.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I remember him basically being a laughing stock prior to that game in a similar way to Prodan but he was an absolute man mountain that day and pretty much every time we played them the big man put in a performance for us.

Outside of those long range free kick :D , I liked him . He did go through a wee spell under Advocaat when nothing went right , but got through that and was a solid player or us . 

Gordon daziel diving header and set up two against the scum on his debut nov 81 in a 3 all draw ,played in league cup final following week and won his first medal good start to his career with us ,sadly that was as good as it got 

2 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Alan McLaren against the tarriers at hampden '94 , also Andy Dibble at their shithole in the 9IAR season . Dale Gordon against dunfermline was also a pretty good debut . Graham Roberts against the tayside tims was top class , his first tackle gave us all a guide to what we could expect .

All 4 of them came to my head, Roberts tackle which led to our 2nd goal epitomised the heart and determination he had as a player:541:

4 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Derek Johnstone must take some beating scoring the winner as a 16 year old against C****c in a cup final.

That wasn't his debut game for Rangers.

His debut was two weeks before that Celtic game against Cowdenbeath at Ibrox where i think he scored twice in a 5-0 win.

Boyd was the first that came to mind; Peterhead at Ibrox on a wet night in January, 2006. I sat in the Club Deck that night and swore I never would again because it felt like I was watching it on Sky.

I remember thinking that we had a player in Daniel Cousin, too. He scored on his debut against St Mirren and having just had a look, he scored another two against Falkirk on his first start the following week in a 7-2 win. I can't believe that was 2007, that's unbelievable.