League is gone already

wearethepeople1

1 hour ago, kenzie2386 said:

Can someone tell me why it is that McCoist surrendered 15 points and the title to the pond scrapings and remained in situ for what seemed an eternity; almost bankrupting us in the process with the signing of some of the biggest chancers in Scottish football,  yet there is already a witch-hunt for MW?

You are forgetting that at least he was in the position to be 15 points ahead. He didnt just magically become 15 points ahead

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible attitude to have. I'm quite a pessimist when it comes to football but the league won't be "decided " for another 25 or so games. (Yes I'm aware there's more than 25 games left but you can usually tell who'll win the league by that point)

22 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Time to fight back - we're losing a war we weren't aware of.  Fuck them - anything the timmigrants vote for, ote for the fucking opposite - and that goes for the snfuckingp too. Not for your sake, not for my sake - but for fuck sake.  We're losing our country and we're the fucking majority.

Look how the Jews fight for their land - shopkeepers, taxi drivers, Fathers, Mothers all fight for their country - look at us - handing it on a plate to a so-called victimised minority.

22 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

Now that celtic have shat themselves,  are we now on a more positive mood? 

To right i am. The league was never lost yesterday anyway. Only a few games played.

Look at Man utd this season they have started bad and i bet you they win the league down south.

Im still confident yes was not a good result yesterday but we looked better and created enough chances and on another day would have won.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

To right i am. The league was never lost yesterday anyway. Only a few games played.

Look at Man utd this season they have started bad and i bet you they win the league down south.

Im still confident yes was not a good result yesterday but we looked better and created enough chances and on another day would have won.

So Rangers and man Utd will win their leagues ???

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Bollocks-Bear

20 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Man united won't win their league :lol:

I do think the league is beyond us now regardless if we get a real good run going or not, we are far too vulnerable to the counter attack, too vulnerable at set pieces and atm we are struggling to convert chances in games that has resulted in us dropping so many points already this season. Have to bear in mind we still have difficult fixtures away from home and if we are not dispatching the weaker team in the league then we will find it a whole lot harder at Pittodrie, Tynecastle and others.....

On 17/09/2016 at 9:18 PM, wearethepeople1 said:

It is gone. What a fuck up this season. 

I don't even know what to say. How can we crumble after just 6 games, the sheepshaggers will beat us next week and I reckon it's curtains for Mark Warburton. Sorry

Were you really expecting to win the league FFS.

I have said countless times that the scoreline last week flattered them far more than it damned us.  Yes we lost but it was not as convincing a victory as the media and celtic fans would have us believe.  The "champions"  are lacklustre in midfield and very poor at the back.  Any side that has a go at them will expose their many frailties such as hapoel beer sheva and Lincoln red imps.  They are no where close to being good enough to retain this title.   We have started well below par,  but there are signs of improvements to the overall performance.  Yesterday we stayed solid at the back and retain possession we'll,  but for some cracking saves,  poor decisions in from of goal and some astonishingly poor refereeing we would have won 3 nil.  The season is not over anyone that can't see that is either blind or a bottler. 

30 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Anyone who has given up at this early stage is, IMO, merely a Lite version of a Rangers supporter.  this has been a poor start but no way am I prepared to be a surrender monkey with most of the season still to play.  

Bold, very bold

55 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Were you really expecting to win the league FFS.

Actually, yes. But then my expectations haven't been down managed by the South African tax expert. 

Perhaps some are ready to concede we are a poor mans Hearts. 

Look... the scum are pish.  We are having a bad start.  If we lose next week, then it's over.. too many teams ahead of us - that's always the benchmark for me.  How many teams does a team -- in any league -- need to overcome.

IF we could only finish.  Surely to fuck that needs to change?  And winning ugly 1-0 is alright too! (tu)

17 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

It's depressing seeing all the pessimism. I know it's difficult seeing our beloved team underachieve, but we need to keep supporting them week to week, match to match, and never forget what the cry is.... 

glasgow-rangers-loyals-no-surrender-2.pn

Well said mate! Been more pessimistic myself.  Thanks for the reminder! WATP and GSTQ! (tu)

14 hours ago, gkb10127 said:

You are forgetting that at least he was in the position to be 15 points ahead. He didnt just magically become 15 points ahead

I didn't forget that at all.  My point was that he, through incompetence, or whatever, lost those 15 points to teams that we should have beaten.

I've been to every league game and am basing my judgement on what I've seen so far and what I think we have in reserve.

For me MW has picked a badly wrong starting 11 on 5 occasions out of 6. Saturday was the exception excluding mckay who I said should've been dropped (for Forrester or MOH). 

On Saturday a blind man could see our wide men were rank. He didnt change it til halfway through the 2nd half when he took off our most credible threat in a CF.  Saturday was better, the shape and style was improved, but we weren't good. 

His persistence with out of form players is damning. And there's enough of them.

I'm concerned by the lack of cohesion between different pairings - centre backs, fullback/wingers, front 3.

I don't think squad harmony has appeared great - likely the Barton effect which hopefully gets sorted today.

We are losing more goals than scoring and don't seem to have the ability to even win ugly.

I think bar the bheasts game (where they never got out of second gear or really went for our jugular) all we needed was our players to perform. In the upcoming game I think we'll also need more to be leaders and battlers (v sheep and Hertz). Don't think we have enough. 

From the overall squad I've only been satisfied with the performances of Windass and Wes. I suppose also to a lesser extent due to fewer minutes Rossiter Holt and Garner. Nowhere near good enough.

We are fifth and that's a fair reflection of our form this season but actually also our form over 2016. We talk about analysing, improving, etc but too often words are all we get.

Crooks and Dodoo are the only additions to what we have now. Not convinced they'll be enough. 

I doubt there'll be any reinforcements in January. 

That's my assessment of where we're at and why we're there. I don't see enough reasons to believe our form will improve drastically enough to go from 5th to 1st or 2nd. Based on what I see not just because we're the Rangers.

If that's surrendering, oh and I'll continue going and shouting us on and supporting us, then fine. I want to be wrong but I feel it's a realistic outlook.