League is gone already

wearethepeople1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll still never give up on this season op, but perhaps you may be right. The fact that we've not played (in my opinion) a decent game since the cup final. I keep waiting on things to fall into place and thought today might be it. We did play well, but we still failed to get the three points as we have done before. Maybe we expected too much in our first season back and a few of us are wrong (including me sadly).

The sooner people wise up to what this season is going to be the better for all , thus is going to be a bedding in year , a season to get sorted on and off the park , we are hamstrung by historical issues that are still going through the courts , onfield we are a million miles better than 18 months ago , but there are still things you can't factor , Windass,s great run but weak finish , 3 off the lines and a header off the bar , we do need to get more clinical , we do need players running past defenders instead of across but today was miles better than the last 5 games .MW will in my opinion be here for the long haul or at least I hope he is , we cannot go back to the Walter era fir short term success , we need to stick with this guy and see it out .

To win the league first time back - wasnt going to happen so being realistic

Next season is the make and break to go for it as a manger and team

We have waited for our time and it will one day be the day when it happens . will be just special.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Statistically it's not over yet. 

Going by our current form though, then yes.

But statistically, none of us know what's going to happen next week to us, or the tims. They could drop points wherever whenever and we could click and go a good run. You just don't know yet. 

The chances are slim unless we go on a good run of straight wins. 

Any team who can defend well has a good chance of getting points from us. Even at Ibrox.

18 minutes ago, rbr said:

The sooner people wise up to what this season is going to be the better for all , thus is going to be a bedding in year , a season to get sorted on and off the park , we are hamstrung by historical issues that are still going through the courts , onfield we are a million miles better than 18 months ago , but there are still things you can't factor , Windass,s great run but weak finish , 3 off the lines and a header off the bar , we do need to get more clinical , we do need players running past defenders instead of across but today was miles better than the last 5 games .MW will in my opinion be here for the long haul or at least I hope he is , we cannot go back to the Walter era fir short term success , we need to stick with this guy and see it out .

Sorry, but the sooner people wise up to king the better it will be for all of us, otherwise be prepared for winning nothing for the foreseeable future. Pep couldn't win this this league with that budget and those players ffs.

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

The squad we have should be performing far better. Not winning the league, but comfortably fucking everyone else. The fact we're not has got nothing to do with investment.

With those defenders that can't defend and strikers that can't strike. Right!

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

I got caught up in the hype and said we could but re-thinking it now that was silly. Doesn't matter if it's Rangers or Raith Rovers this isn't an easy league to get promoted into and actually challenge for the league, especially against a team that's won the league for the last 5 seasons in a row beating the teams we're struggling against. 

Hearts didn't do too bad last season. But they started rebuilding in 14/15 when it was clear they were going down and continued in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

With those defenders that can't defend and strikers that can't strike. Right!

Yes. With the defenders and strikers, who our manager chose, with a far bigger budget than the teams we are drawing and losing against. Remind me, when did Ross County last spend 1.8m on a striker?

Do we actually have our opponents watched? Do managers still identify weaknesses in other team? 

The scum had us watched before we played them and I presume other teams know exactly what they can expect from us.

I'd have thought the boss would be able to change his tatics/players depending on who we play

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

It is gone. What a fuck up this season. 

I don't even know what to say. How can we crumble after just 6 games, the sheepshaggers will beat us next week and I reckon it's curtains for Mark Warburton. Sorry

Shut the fuck up you fucking arse taker!

50 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly believed we would win 55 this year, even when Rodgers was appointed I knew it made it more trickier but still expected it. However for some reason our manager hasn't addressed the defensive issues and made some incorrect signings. Would have laughed at anyone who said the title would be practically over by Sept 17th. 

It's not been just a poor start, it's been an embarrassing start even-though we had a very good fixture list. Don't even believe it's been a step up, we've just declined as a team and so has Mark's decisions. To drop half of points after 6 games is unacceptable. 

We deserved to win today said to the lads next to me that's been the best performance of the season so far but much like last year we are needing far to many chances to find that goal that wins us games..

I agree that it is a long way back. If they win their two games in hand, which they probably will, it will be 9 points. Even this early in the season I cannot see us making that back up. They will drop points, but we will drop more. If we finish second and get back into Europe we'll be doing well this season. 

Still think we have to stick with Warburton though. He's been given a fraction of the budget they have, and been asked to compete for the title in our first season back. While it's not impossible, it was always going to be extremely difficult. I think he atleast deserves this season and next season.

49 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The chances are slim unless we go on a good run of straight wins. 

Any team who can defend well has a good chance of getting points from us. Even at Ibrox.

We could go on a good run... although admittedly from what we've seen it seems highly unlikely. But we definitely could :lol:

Sadly yes, any well drilled team could take points off us currently and that's gutting. :(

That being said, the tims could easily drop points to anyone. they've won plenty games recently, but they've looked fucking terrible in the process, especially at the back. With their arrogance too, they could easily overlook someone like ICT tomorrow and fuck it up. Again, highly unlikely they do fuck up a couple of games, but they could :lol:

Sadly at this very moment in time, I just can't see ICT winning tomorrow and I just can't us beating the sheep next week. Maybe if Warburton sticks with our lineup from today and throws in Forrester instead of Mckay... maybe we win next weekend!

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

The squad we have should be performing far better. Not winning the league, but comfortably fucking everyone else. The fact we're not has got nothing to do with investment.

Quite right,  we are not as good as the players we have,  and something has been going wrong for a while.  But nowhere near as bad as the Ally shambles.

Barton, Rossiter, Dodoo, Kranjcar, Folks, Hill, Senderos, Hodson, Garner and Gilks.

I'm probably forgetting players but genuinely who out of the players we signed has made us a better team than we were last year?

We never had a chance to win this league. It was pie in the sky stuff. They horrible cunt's strengthened there defence and spent money up front. Which showed against us. We bought players for midfield who have been worse than what we had last year.

Bad recruitment coupled with predictable tactics. Fitter teams can defend for 90 minutes. We've been found out. Simple as that. 

Unless we start to score goals and win matches easily we will be lucky to get top 4 this year. How many league games this year can any of you genuinely say you felt confident either before or during the match? I can only say the first game against Hamilton but we ended up shit.

A long long way to go before 55. And this squad won't take us there.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

The league wasn't ever a possibility.

If you offered the manager & chairman a close 2nd place they'd bite your hand off though the second the season KO'd never mind now.

That looks like a big challenge now. On form and who we have played so far would suggest we will struggle to do better than Hearts or Aberdeen!

I think we have players that have went back the way .Wallace and McKay are having shocking starts to the season ..Tav is no where near as potent as he was last year .Kiernan ,Wilson are just not good enough .The midfield today would normally be good enough plus Forrester all day long .Waghorn is taking his time after an injury to find his form again .

Kenny is working hard but it's not there now 

Moh isn't quoted but may not even be good enough .

Our Goalie is miles better that previous keepers yet still worries with his passing around the box 

League is never over after 6 games .It's just sillyness to say this in football 

We have to start playing the form players and dropping non performers 

9 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Barton, Rossiter, Dodoo, Kranjcar, Folks, Hill, Senderos, Hodson, Garner and Gilks.

I'm probably forgetting players but genuinely who out of the players we signed has made us a better team than we were last year?

We never had a chance to win this league. It was pie in the sky stuff. They horrible cunt's strengthened there defence and spent money up front. Which showed against us. We bought players for midfield who have been worse than what we had last year.

Bad recruitment coupled with predictable tactics. Fitter teams can defend for 90 minutes. We've been found out. Simple as that. 

Unless we start to score goals and win matches easily we will be lucky to get top 4 this year. How many league games this year can any of you genuinely say you felt confident either before or during the match? I can only say the first game against Hamilton but we ended up shit.

A long long way to go before 55. And this squad won't take us there.

Windass and Rossiter look like good signings but other than that then none of them add "value both on and off the park". I am hopeful Crooks is like Patrick Viera.