Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

Too early to boot him as he hasn't been supported with a real transfer budget.

Although his formation, team choice and tactics are starting to really get on my nerves now. McKay shouldn't be allowed a safe starting spot given his recent form.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. 

All this "no-one died" when we got beat off cellic. 

"I don't understand the hate" against Aberdeen. Fucking understand it then for fucks sake were Rangers. Were no some middle of the road english team punching above our weight. 

He has to walk, along with Mckay and Wallace

No . 

Weve been crap from the start of the season for whatever reason , but I think the last 3 games we've improved greatly , albeit dropping points . Yes I know it means nothing without a win , but performance wise I think we're stabilising things and will go on from there . If not , the time to ask this is at the end of the season .

Sitting 7th and already out of the title race by September is shocking. We have the players to be doing better than we are, the shortcomings are completely down to the tactics.

Absolutely amateur approaches to formations, limited himself to the most inflated market in the world, no plan B, makes changes for changes sake at designated time slots for the sake of rotation and not when changes are actually required. Poor management of the transfers this summer regarding defenders, Garner looks to be a poor signing for that money which was maybe clear from last season and that he only really had 2 good seasons when other strikers were available to sign, awful defending, no organisation at set pieces. All possession but no chances and most importantly not getting the results.

I've not voted because I really don't know. I like the idea of how he wants us to play but it's not working. I think his signings (or lack of signings especially in defence) will be his downfall.

its astounding that he's signed 12 players in the summer and we've still not got one decent centre half and a 37 year old Kenny Miller is still considered one of our main strikers.

i like MW and I'd want nothing more for him to succeed here but some of the decisions he has made beggars belief

Its a yes for me unfortunately, to come with the same ethos in not changing formation, having no plan B, sticking with the same players when it clearly is not working, not to mention how poor we set up defensively. Making a change on the 60th minute mark on every game does not work either, it is so easy to play against us. Just sit in, hit us on the break and you will most likely win, We over play it far too much!

I'm sorry but this has been going on since before our embarrassing cup final display, so he should be out the door for me.

He's had ample opportunity and resources at his disposal to make light work of all bar them and he's been coming up short in every aspect bar possession since about March.

The players change and the positions are all over the shop yet the same play continues and we're the only team churning it out - how does that happen if it isn't by the managers design?

I firmly believe we have good enough players for all bar them and that's even with the refusal to sign the required CB in the Summer. We are simply playing the way the manager has created and it's making it hard for ourselves with frankly no evident progress against even the poorest sides.

If this were any other season and any other manager we'd have been far more on Mr Warburton's back by now. We get pumped off them and we've responded with a win against QOTS out of 3 and our latest defeat is to another of our most bitter rivals - at what point do you take off the blue tints and acknowledge that the same problems are there week in week out?

I can see in my own mind how little we need to change to dismantle teams but if the manager refuses to do so with bad result after bad result then what alternative is there to sacking him? 

We set up to fail with a lot of possession and that is exactly what we're achieving.

Yes purely because he can't change and didn't strengthen the squad.

We were in decline from last season and haven't got any better.

The team that started today was basically the team the won the championship last thanks partly to hibs crumbling. Only Hill and Garner I believe being the difference?

The squad was good enough for the championship last season but was miles off the top flight.

Not one player he has signed has really improved our first team in my opinion. That shows he's a poor or inexperienced manager. He didn't see our weak points and didn't address them. And he can't see them or address them. He talks about needing always to keep improving and moving forward but we have not done that at all since we won the league. 

He's out of his depth right now. Maybe he'll turn it around but this season has gone. If we continue with him and treat this season as a "learning experience" we run the risk of next season being the same and handing they cunt's another title. I don't think we can afford that.

I also don't think the squad is anywhere near good enough but that needs to be down to the manager and the board. Dean Sheils and Nicky Law would offer more and did offer more that Barton and Kranjcar. Not on paper or course but reputation wins fuck all.

I'll support him but he's not got long left in my opinion.

I can't believe we are even discussing this. 

We dominated them today, and if it wasn't for 1 defensive lapse and a questionable discussion to award a free-kick from which you would only score 1 in a 1000 times; we would have walked away with a point at least.

Granted, that we are not taking chances when they arise but I'm in no rush for McInness, McLeish, Davies or any other name that is thrown in the hat just for the sake of it to come in right now.

Warburton has to have the full season, then he will be judged.

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Probably won't have a choice if the tarriers fuck us again which is more than likely to happen next month.

You can't keep losing games at a club the size of Rangers and get away with it, it's never been allowed.

My worry is that if we don't improve Warburton will only keep his job like McCoist because we can't afford to sack him and bring someone else in.

We are not winning enough league games.

1 point out of 9 in Sept is not good enough.

We are not seeing anything like the quick turnround which Warburton himself said was needed after the OF shambles.  

We still dont defend well enough.

We dont score enough goals.

Warburton talks the game.  But he cannot seem to deliver results in this league.

Does Warburton understand the league, understand Scottish football environment well enough?  Recent comments indicate to me he doesn't.

Is he succeeding this season?  No - not so far and not by a long chalk as measure by league results.  

Are we showing form and capability to win 2nd spot / European slot for next season (this is King's target)?  No

Is Warburton putting out sides that demonstrate his own stated objective for the season 'being more than competitive'?   No - not by a long way.

The side is failing in the league.  The manager is presiding over that failing.   Can it be turned around?   The evidence is not there.