**** The Official Rangers vs Partick thistle Match Thread ****

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Not at all the first half thistle were the better team and the second half was the same as most weeks all possession no penetration.

wilson was solid and Halliday for me was a standout that's all I can take from today 

Agree with all that but Wilson seems to switch off a couple of times a game, cut that out and he is a player.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Ref:

Debatable decisions

Manager:

Called it right with subs

Team performance:

Good possession 63%, 12 shots, 5 on target, 8 corners, 9 fouls Need to work on consistency in both halves

Overall enjoyment:

Good match enjoyed that we had good possession and took something from it. 

Opposition player for scouts to keep an eye on

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adebayo-azeez/profil/spieler/244220

9 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Been in a rager since been taken off. It's noticeable not good.

He's been shite lately. 

Angry getting substituted, criticized.

Player smiles after being substituted, criticised.

Perhaps some of the fans need to heed their own advice.

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Agree with all that but Wilson seems to switch off a couple of times a game, cut that out and he is a player.

It's his distribution for me that's the worry but I think he's the best defender we have.

hopefully Clint hill recovers from his condition because a lot of people his age die of it. 

From the Rangers twitter feed..............FT: @RangersFC 2:0 Partick Thistle (Kranjcar 33' Halliday 40') A dominant performance and fine win for the Gers. A well earned three points.

REading the posts on RM and the Rangers twitter feed it sure didn't feel like a dominant performance.   Wonder if Warburton counts this as evidence of being more than (or is it now highly) competive and if King counts it as being the sort of competitive outcome that he wanted at the start of the season.   Now that we have seen the approach taken by Warburton and the performances of the team so far what both were saying (in reality) at the start of the season about being competitive was that this was simply in relation to winning a European slot for next season.  That is what it appears this league is about this season.   I doubt if they will easily get away with that vague 'competitive' line next season. 

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Most of the first half was dreadful. Ended the half well after getting the goal and an improvement in the play getting the second.

Second half the overall play was better, quicker passing, quicker to get forward, still lacked a cutting edge and disappointing not to score a couple more. Still need a huge improvement though.

Would've gave MOTM to Halliday.

3 points and a clean sheet the main thing.

Haven't seen the game, would the second half be evidence of different wide men needed to supply the second half strikers brought on.

Very disjointed, no cohesion, looked out of ideas a lot, especially before we scored.

Lucky it was only Thistle, had a better team scored first, I would've been very worried.

We played better against Aberdeen, it's very frustrating.

Confidence is low, hopefully this will help get some back.

Since the Barton 'incident' Halliday has been very good, can't understand people wanting him dropped.

Another bright spot was Joe Dodoo, looked great when he came on.

Garner needs a goal or two, though he's a Dennis Wise pest type player for any opposition anyway.

Waggy not firing right again.

Certainly must improve.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Glad to get the win but the result and performance today are irrelevant after hearing about what has happened to the supporters bus :(

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

??

Sorry.

hadn't been off this particular thread all afternoon and hadn't heard the news