Waghorn/Garner

gsa

Waghorn not cutting it in my opinion. He's the very definition of a flat track bully. Looked good against part timers but he doesn't have the mental strength to play in pressure games. Takes him far too many chances to score and while that was acceptable against semi-pro's,  it's nowhere near good enough in games where our chances are limited. You can see him physically wilt when he misses a couple. 

Garner adds some aggression and urgency and I'd like to see him start. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

two words "strike partner"

It couldn't possibly be his fault that he's not playing well? Every other striker in Britain seems to have adapted to one up front through the middle? 

waghorn was very poor and i just dont get garner he looks like a cart horse to me i know it is difficult to come on as sub but when he started v ross county he was awful as was waghorn in that game

it is a bit worrying that we are still needing kenny miller to get us a goal

15 minutes ago, gsa said:

Waghorn not cutting it in my opinion. He's the very definition of a flat track bully. Looked good against part timers but he doesn't have the mental strength to play in pressure games. Takes him far too many chances to score and while that was acceptable against semi-pro's,  it's nowhere near good enough in games where our chances are limited. You can see him physically wilt when he misses a couple. 

Garner adds some aggression and urgency and I'd like to see him start. 

Agreed id like to see Dodoo and Garner together up front.

For the most part, at the start of last season, Waggy looked full of ideas, running and was a constant threat. Maybe tailed off a bit towards the end of the season.

This season so far he's looked like a clueless lump of wood. I mean, there's plenty of effort but he just doesn't look like he know what to do with the ball at his feet now.

All of our forwards have been gash.  Miller got a good goal tonight but but contributes almost nothing from out wide.  McKay should've been out of the team weeks ago.  Waghorn looks good through the middle but it wasted out wide.  We struggle to put the ball in the net and need proper wingers brought in as soon as possible.

11 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Garner > Waghorn

I like Waghorn but he's never a winger. What I'd give to see these two play up top together in maybe a 3-5-2

Its our best chance if we go 3-5-2 imo.  I would also drop McKay to the bench for this one.

Not an ounce of form between Garner, Waghorn or McKay for that matter.  Get them all on the bench.

Dodoo showed some ambition when he came on, and it looks like our best striker is still Kenny Miller.  So perhaps we need MOH out wide right with those 2 up front with him?

We just don't look like we have goals in our front 3 right now.

Neither are helped when they don't get a run of games in 1 position. Waghorn starts in the middle 1 game then moved to the right the next to make way for Garner or Miller, then the next game Garners a sub again and someone else comes in.

No spine to the team in general. From CBs, CMs, "front 3", rarely any of them are the same 2 or 3 games in a row.