Manager's After Match Reaction

BridgeIsBlue

54 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Sack the manager, sack the board, drop the whole team. Blah blah blah.

And people say MW is predictable.

as predictable as the ubber loyalists. Keep MW it keeps the talk away from the invisible bank account.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Constantly mentioned bravery, I saw no bravery, I saw shitebagggery across the team, agree with giving him time but my patience is starting to wilt, looking like he's starting to unravel in interviews, same shite different day 

He wasn't brave enough in subbing poor performing players.

23 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I'll say again I don't want him sacked but I don't think it's as simple as that either. A philosophy has to be going somewhere and our football has regressed after last seasons excellent start, it became less enjoyable after New Year and the April semi-final aside there really hasn't been much football to be entertained by. Not saying it's as bad as the McCoist/McDowall times but it wouldn't take much to be an improvement on that 

I still want us to build from top to bottom just starting to wonder if Warburton is the right man long term, but the clear lack of alternatives and the fact we could start changing managers every few months means I won't be calling for his head right now 

I don't disagree with any of that.

7 minutes ago, Bertent said:

as predictable as the ubber loyalists. Keep MW it keeps the talk away from the invisible bank account.

I'd rather have a bit of patience than wanting the entire club changed from top to bottom because we won't win the treble in our first season in the top league for 4 seasons.

Just now, BF2 said:

I'd rather have a bit of patience than wanting the entire club changed from top to bottom because we won't win the treble in our first season in the top league for 4 seasons.

No need to over reach, I dont think anyone was expecting a treble, to be competitive, have a realistic chance in the title race and to have some decent financial planning from the South African tax expert. Instead we have the second highest wage bill, a team that cant score in a brothel and a manager so loyal to some layers youd think they had something on a sordid past. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He wasn't brave enough in subbing poor performing players.

And never is, he's a stubborn man which is why he lost his job at his last club, we are bigger than his last club by a considerable distance, sorry to admit it because I believed that he was taking us somewhere but I'm starting to agree that the job may be too big for him, would love to be proved wrong .

12 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

They effectively have 2 midfields that's why. The 2 sitters and 3 pressers. If the sitters break up our play just one forward pass gets them beyond our 3 and onto our back 4. Happened at least a dozen times today.

If the 3 pressers win the ball off our 3 they are straight onto our back 4. Happened less today than last time because we didnt risk it and went longer if pressed in that way. In last year's semi they had a flat 4 so we could dominate the ball without worrying about them playing between our lines.

But now....If the 3 pressers make us go backwards and we dont risk it trying to play out and go long they mop it up easily. Our 3 man midfield is swamped against a 2 and then 3 man midfield. It's not a 5....it's 2 banks and we are continually caught between their lines and can't get out.

It's a clever formation that swamps our midfield strength, allows their full backs to get fwd and nullifies our wide men. Leaving Miller on scraps.

IMO we have to match that formation. 

It's nothing new. 

A manager doing his homework and getting results.

What makes it easy for any team against us is that they know exactly how we're going to play, the formation the style, the timing of the subs, the works. 

3 minutes ago, Bertent said:

No need to over reach, I dont think anyone was expecting a treble, to be competitive, have a realistic chance in the title race and to have some decent financial planning from the South African tax expert. Instead we have the second highest wage bill, a team that cant score in a brothel and a manager so loyal to some layers youd think they had something on a sordid past. 

Mark Warburton is bringing a style of play and a philosophy to Rangers that the club has not seen before, so it will take a few years to implement. We made it look easy for parts of last season because we were in a piss poor league. If we brought in a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and the lynch mob mentality would just start all over again. Rangers have never been a club that chops and changed managers every 6 months, and I'd like it to stay that way.

11 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

And never is, he's a stubborn man which is why he lost his job at his last club, we are bigger than his last club by a considerable distance, sorry to admit it because I believed that he was taking us somewhere but I'm starting to agree that the job may be too big for him, would love to be proved wrong .

I think he's just making too many mistakes as a manager and it's got nowt to do with the size of our club

12 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Mark Warburton is bringing a style of play and a philosophy to Rangers that the club has not seen before, so it will take a few years to implement. We made it look easy for parts of last season because we were in a piss poor league. If we brought in a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and the lynch mob mentality would just start all over again. Rangers have never been a club that chops and changed managers every 6 months, and I'd like it to stay that way.

If this new philosophy based around ineffectual pretty patterns and fear of direct attacking football you may be right. We have been treading water since spring, spent on players who had been doing well in divisions technically better than ours yet they have crashed and burned almost to a man. Either he cant spot a player with his much lauded scout or theres something wrong with our training and set up.

And I wont even mention the financial acumen of the geniuses in the boardroom. Why have share issues and backers when that means scrutiny and inconvenient interference when you already have the empire for a mere bagatelle. 

Time is not on our side, and second in a two horse race is just first placed loser, and well be lucky to hit those heights.

Sick of the Glasgow fishbowl ae. Well doesn't that tell you something. Lapped it up when we were blowing teams away now can't hack a couple of media nobodies goading him. 

The difference between MW and a Rangers manager is MW thinks today is acceptable and a 1-1 away to Killie is acceptable. The man doesn't understand what it takes to be a Rangers manager never mind a successful one. 

4 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

He's been doing my tits in of late, but today proved one thing. Since the last game against them, we showed we are not that far off them. If we kept Miller on and brought on Forester, we could have nicked it, just like they did. Keep the faith in the manager until the new year at least. There's a lot of football to be played and we could be in a much better position by then. Patience might be the key here.

I don't agree with all of your post but sadly doesn't seem like enough of us have the patience for MW or keeping the faith in him. 

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

It will take a few years to implement?!

Sad thing is, we are Rangers, not some provincial no mark building on youth development, but we are pratted. There is little I have seen that we can build on. The quality just isn't there.

If we can't get second, then ST sales will shrink and we will be in a worse position.

3 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

We were terrible today, yet they sneaked a win. What if we were not terrible? 

They didn't exactly sneak a win. They battered us and we were saved by an outstanding performance from our goalkeeper.

That could easily have been 5 or 6 today. We actually played worse than we did at the piggery which is a fucking achievement in itself as I don't think many of us thought that was possible.

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

They didn't exactly sneak a win. They battered us and we were saved by an outstanding performance from our goalkeeper.

That could easily have been 5 or 6 today. We actually played worse than we did at the piggery which is a fucking achievement in itself as I don't think many of us thought that was possible.

I would say only losing 1-0 today was a miracle, as you say it could have been many more unfortunately. 

I like the philosophy MW is trying to bring to Ibrox. Clearly, it's not there yet and I'll take him at his word and judge him at the end of the season.

What happens in the Jan window will form part of that judgement, but need to get away from the old crocks approach.

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

Do you not remember Advocaat?

Regarding the philosophy Warburton is building, I used to think that - but not anymore ... it's obvious that's not what's happening.

We are not progressing at all.

What happens in 2-3 years time when Celtic are on the brink of ten in a row?

I'm playing advocate to an extent I'm not saying sack Warburton but I don't know for the life of me how anyone can say with such venom to anyone saying his time's up that they are wrong.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

wonder how the summer would have went had they scudded us by 3 that day

Maybe it would have went along the lines of not being deluded that we were premier league title contenders and as a consequence spent some proper money on beefing up the squad rather than spunking money on Joey has-beens types.

I'm more than fed up of Warburton and his formation. That said I'd still give him the season to see what he manages to achieve.

Unfortunately, I don't see any alternatives that can do much better without any squad investment, as we can't expect investment from King.

5 hours ago, showtime69 said:

no having a go here but who do you think would do a better job with the squad we have?

Fuck me 2yr ago the hoardes turned on McCoist and now it's warburton, somebody please wave the magic wand that sorts it all  out!!!!

5 hours ago, jamess said:

We didn't concede a goal from a corner - that's a big improvement.

Before the first, my lad said 'they've been working on something in training'.

After that & several others had missed a hooped shirt by miles, he said 'they must've been copying our training!'

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I think he's just making too many mistakes as a manager and it's got nowt to do with the size of our club

If he'd accepted a Moneyball approach & churned out these sort of performances & results, at least he could have hidden behind the statistics which supported his selections.

Now, they're showing his own judgement as being pretty poor.