Joe dodoo is utter pish

MacBoyd

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

No matter the personnel or how well (or bad) we're playing our subs always seem to make us worse. Something that's been annoying me for a while and was my first thought when we brought the subs on today.

I actually miss the days of Dean Sheils and Nicky Clark coming on, at least they sometimes changed it.

Of all the players to criticise? Haven't seen anywhere close to enough of him. 

It's always difficult coming off the bench and being expected to change a game in 10-15 mins, especially when you haven't had a lot of game time. 

50 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

you honestly think dodoo is on the same wages as dembele? :lol:

Absolutely not and at no point did I suggest that, Jim, so please take your condescending laughing smilie and stick it up your arse.

Do I believe that we're paying Barton and Kranjcar more than they're paying Dembelé? Yes. Would I rather have Dembelé than Barton and Kranjcar? Yes.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Absolutely not and at no point did I suggest that, Jim, so please take your condescending laughing smilie and stick it up your arse.

Do I believe that we're paying Barton and Kranjcar more than they're paying Dembelé? Yes. Would I rather have Dembelé than Barton and Kranjcar? Yes.

Fairly confident Dembele is on comfortably more than anyone in our team.

I'm pretty uncomfortable with rinsing a young player like that. 

He is a player for the future not the messiah. He clearly is not the same quality as someone like Dembele for example but he is a young boy who came, scored in early appearances and looked useful then had a bad injury. He certainly isn't going to improve if he is pilloried as he tries to get back to fitness and into the team. If anything fingers should be pointed at underperforming senior players, or established first team players who have been inconsistent and dreadful this season.

Jury is still out on the boy,but fuck me,he's the least of our worries at the moment. Our starting 11 look as if they would rather be anywhere than on a fitba park. No urgency,no bottle and no commitment. How the fuck is a young boy meant to come on and change a game all by himself. Experienced pro's should be showing the young guns the way.

10 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

no but you compared what we paid and what the tarriers paid, the reason we pay for dodoo instead of dembele type player is the wages on offer

or you could go down the same road and say we paid the same amount for senderos as they did for toure, transfer fees dont judge a player, its his wages, you could build a team of bosmans that are good enough to win the league, but only if you splash the wages

ive said it all along, the signings might be horseshit, but im of the opinion that they are not warburtons first choice, not by a long shot, we just dont have anything resembling a championship winning budget

13 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I think Dembele is on about 30k a week. 

I've no problem with that. You get what you pay for.

You want a good player then pay the price. Simple as that.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Canae really judge him when he's not getting the ball out wide.

Managers decision making to take off the front 3 and change nothing other than personel was baffling as fuck.

But aye slaughter the boy cause it's his fault 

Agree totally.Should concentrate on all the empty shirts that constantly play and are anonymous before offering judgment on the lad based on very little appearance time.Sure many on here were wanting Hill to get to fuck after a few games.Rather give the lad a decent chance to prove himself first.Not base it on him coming on into a team devoid of interest,ideas or desire.No service or support for him at all that I have witnessed so far.

3 minutes ago, minstral said:

Truth is they were all shocking today.

Exactly mate . Poor goal we lost today again but we should still have had the game won by half time . Too many players taking the wrong options in the final third and too many sloppy passes and mistakes as the game wore on . Not a lot of heart and desire on show either . To pick out a young guy who came on with 10 minutes to go is very harsh IMO .

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think Dembele is on about 30k a week. 

I've no problem with that. You get what you pay for.

You want a good player then pay the price. Simple as that.

He's on 20. 

From a very reliable source. 

Other points valid though. 

I wouldn't have any hope of him coming in and making much of an impact for a few years.

It's hard to pick out players that haven't been given much game time for criticism when guys like Holt, Halliday, Wallace are garbage and get away with it every other week.

9 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I wouldn't have any hope of him coming in and making much of an impact for a few years.

It's hard to pick out players that haven't been given much game time for criticism when guys like Holt, Halliday, Wallace are garbage and get away with it every other week.

With that in mind there is no chance of going anywhere until someone who? sorts out the core problems that exist at Ibrox, I don't even think Warburton could address that and still remain. The PR job done on Halliday after the Barton affair is more board than Warburton, then what do I know.

I hate the Dembele comparision being brought up constantly. To be extreme, Ibrahimovic cost £0.

Dembele is on a big wage and was a bit of a gamble for them. Rodgers clearly knew something about the potential there too. This time it seems to have paid off.

However they are in a position where they can take a £20k a week gamble on a good young player. Remember when they took a £2.5m gamble on Bangura? How did that one work out?

5 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Our 3 subs today were absolutely atrocious.  Made us even worse than we already were, and that's saying something.

I'd keep Kenny on the bench and bring him on later in the game.

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no but you compared what we paid and what the tarriers paid, the reason we pay for dodoo instead of dembele type player is the wages on offer

or you could go down the same road and say we paid the same amount for senderos as they did for toure, transfer fees dont judge a player, its his wages, you could build a team of bosmans that are good enough to win the league, but only if you splash the wages

ive said it all along, the signings might be horseshit, but im of the opinion that they are not warburtons first choice, not by a long shot, we just dont have anything resembling a championship winning budget

I'm well aware that Dembelé will be on a much higher salary than Dodoo, but that doesn't render him out of our reach considering what we're paying Barton, Kranjcar and Senderos, hence my mention of them.

Perhaps I was unfair to compare Dodoo directly to Dembelé, but my point remains - he is abysmal.

10 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

That's the worst I've seen in a long while.  All three brought nothing.  Actually made the bottom team in the league stronger.  Arses seriously need booting.  

I have repeatedly said the same thing. It actually doesn't matter who we bring on, our last 20 mins of a game is always the same.

Three new players (everytime) that changes nothing tactically on the pitch and just about always is a like for like. Whatever rhythm we have is always lost as the subs find their feet. 

It is a fucking infuriating part to our game plan. 

Subs should only ever be used when there's tiredness/injury or a tactical switch. If it's like for like the poorer players are always on the bench. 

Amateurish.