***The Official Hearts V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

Just now, 55Bear said:

Anyone think the situation with Robbie Neilson might affect Hearts tonight? Might play to our favour?

Either they're not motivated because he'll be leaving them nearly halfway through the season or they'll play out their skin for him. Hopefully it's the former.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Straight swap for Windass I think 

I think the only thing in question is Dodoo or Forrester upfront 

Could possibly swap Dodoo for Garner which I don't think would be too bad. My big worry is everyone who has seen Crooks play for the U21s has said he looks off the pace and not good enough.

2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Aye mate. He's genuinely looks that out of his depth.

It's difficult to judge players in U20s games. I've seen him twice for that group and that one time against QotS at Ibrox. In all of those appearances it did seem as if they were just asking him to get through the game fitness-wise. Against QotS it seemed certain he was told not to over exert himself as to avoid injury.

Surely by now he's past that stage? I appreciate it was a bad injury but come on...

Regardless, time will tell. I feel we have enough about us to win with or without him.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, millsygers44 said:

Just for tonight don't think tav is great at defending in the air or at cross balls and hearts do this a lot

and what have you seen of the 5 foot 9 lee hodson that makes you think he is a dominant force in the air??

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

and what have you seen of the 5 foot 9 lee hodson that makes you think he is a dominant force in the air??

Not as much as I would like n.ireland odd game for us but you see more of what tav doesn't do week on week 

dont need him to be dominant just compete we'll get out and stop crosses match runners 

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

id love to see a 4-4-2 with garner and Dodoo up front, lets be honest, 4-3-3 has not worked this season and the only guy that cant see this is our manager. 

Tonight's not the night to start messing around with the formation. If we get beat it's purely because we were not good enough, not because of our formation. 

3 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Tonight's not the night to start messing around with the formation. If we get beat it's purely because we were not good enough, not because of our formation. 

i think we are shite because of our formation, its not working with the players we have, now is as good a time to start.

i think we are shite because of our formation, its not working with the players we have, now is as good a time to start.

Taking someone out the midfield and adding another striker will do absolutely nothing. We're bang average because the players we have are bang average. It's not like we're on the verge of it all starting to click and moving to a 4-4-2 will suddenly unlock this teams potential. If we don't have the players for a 4-3-3 then we certainly don't have the players for a 4-4-2.