Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

The BBC employees dropping teasers like this is an episode of eastenders just shows what a classless and abhorrent institution they really are , particularly when they are themselves guilty of one of the most high profile cover ups of child abuse this country has ever seen 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38208329

This is a horrible story but I was shocked the see the Programme pictured. BBC up to its tricks again? ?

Pete Haynes, 50, claims Hugh Stevenson sexually abused him over a three to four-year period from 1979.

The Scottish Football Association accredited match official coached hundreds of boys with youth teams in Glasgow and Renfrewshire.

Mr Haynes waived his right to anonymity to speak to BBC Scotland. 

He said he reported the allegations to the police in 1993 and 1996 and also warned the SFA, but said he was never told of any outcome.

'Changed my life'

Mr Haynes said the abuse began the day of the 1979 Scottish Cup Final between Rangers and Hibernian at Hampden Park - the day before his 13th birthday. 

Some weeks earlier, Hugh Stevenson had approached the boy, who was developing into a gifted footballer, with the promise of a trial for a bigger club. 

Mr Stevenson, who died in 2004, had officiated at the semi- final of the 1979 tournament, and offered to take the child to the final. He said he would have to ask his parents. 

Image captionPete Haynes told the BBC the sexual abuse began just before his 13th birthday and continued for several years

Mr Haynes said: "He came up to the house, he was adorned in his SFA blazer with his badge on. Very official, very reassuring, I would imagine, for, for my mum and dad - and asked them politely if he could take me to the match.

"I still have that programme, yeah…because that day was the day that my life changed.

"I was confused really, I had no idea what was going on. I was 12, going on for 13. It was the last thing I was expecting to happen that day. That was the start of three, possibly four years, of intense abuse at the hands of Hugh Stevenson.

"[It happened] two or three times a week on average…he always, from that point on, he always seemed to know where I would be because of my football connections. There would always be a fixture list published anyway so he would know them well in advance.

"He would take coaches of boys…away for football tournaments. At those times I would get a break…but it was every week, it was every few days.

"It escalated quite quickly. From that point on the abuse would take place in his house. He done things to me that I find difficult to talk about in great detail but it was about every depraved sexual act that you can think of, up to and including rape. I was raped dozens of times over a period of three-and-a-half years.

"I was ashamed…I knew [my parents] would support me but it wasn't something I wanted to burden them with.

"The main feeling that I had was shame, ashamed of myself. I felt dirty."

In his first interview on the burgeoning child sex abuse in football scandal, SFA chief executive Stewart Regan told the BBC his organisation took full responsibility for the child protection failings of the past.

He said: "I'm sickened as a father, as a director of the Scottish FA. It sickens me to the stomach to think that somebody (a) has been abused and (b) has tried to report it and has received no positive feedback or help or assistance in actually taking the matter forward.

"Clearly at the moment we need to understand the information and we're grateful to the BBC and indeed grateful to Peter Haynes for having the guts and the bravery to come forward and speak about something that must be pretty uncomfortable for him.

"I apologise deeply to Peter Haynes for the fact that this matter wasn't taken seriously. It was an issue that clearly him and his parents felt so strongly about that they tried to do everything that they possibly could, and the Scottish FA at the time didn't appear to listen, and nothing came of it. That's unacceptable.

"It's certainly something today that we would not tolerate. We would operate with a zero tolerance policy towards any child abuse, and indeed we've put in place the procedures, policies and directives going forward.

"But they won't be of any comfort to historic victims, and I do hope that those out there that are listening to these allegations will actually pick the phone up and let us know if there's any information they feel we should be aware of.

"I'll be absolutely clear - we will take action, if we have any evidence whatsoever of child abuse or of any wrongdoing we will take action and we will deal with it in the strongest possible way."

Except you won't will you? Rat cunt of a man.

FIFA has stated that they are keeping a close eye on how the English FA deal with this scandal. Surely now the SFA have acknowledged that they are too guilty of this obscene act it is incumbent of the FIFA to take over the investigations to allow justice for abuse victims. 

Reporting Scotland just had the 'award winning journalist' Mark Daly on.  This is the guy who failed to hand back his 'award' after his investigation into Rangers was shown to be a tissue of lies.  Jackie Bird" 'So, Mark, is this the first time someone has spoken publicly about being the subject of this kind of abuse in Scotland?'  Daly: 'Yes, Jackie'.  Eh?

3 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Reporting Scotland just had the 'award winning journalist' Mark Daly on.  This is the guy who failed to hand back his 'award' after his investigation into Rangers was shown to be a tissue of lies.  Jackie Bird" 'So, Mark, is this the first time someone has spoken publicly about being the subject of this kind of abuse in Scotland?'  Daly: 'Yes, Jackie'.  Eh?

That is fucking ridiculous if he responded with that.

7 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I couldn't believe what I was hearing when he said that.

Ra Sellik's "good" name still being protected 30 years on.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That is fucking ridiculous if he responded with that.

He did. I was watching the programme. I am very very confused. How can "that team" not yet be mentioned in any news report so far. How much power and influence do they have?

43 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

He did. I was watching the programme. I am very very confused. How can "that team" not yet be mentioned in any news report so far. How much power and influence do they have?

its worrying how much the media up here are desperately trying to tie us into this, and yet the silence about them is deafening.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its worrying how much the media up here are desperately trying to tie us into this, and yet the silence about them is deafening.

Daly wasn't silent tonight - he just lied (yet again).  Mind you, if you win an 'award' for telling lies then you probably think that's the way to go. This guy also has the cheek to give talks to jounalism students. 

It's fucking astonishing that their case hasn't been mentioned at all :lol: 

It is exactly the type of issue the police are dealing with here, If all this blows over and and they haven't been mentioned then this is even more surprising than Trump becoming president

3 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Had that on in background and was trying to tune in over regular tea-time noise and thought that's what was said.  But I thought surely not and I couldn't have heard right.  Obviously I did.  Shocking. 

8 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Had that on in background and was trying to tune in over regular tea-time noise and thought that's what was said.  But I thought surely not and I couldn't have heard right.  Obviously I did.  Shocking. 

He's claiming on Twitter that he said this was the first case in Scotland 'since this scandal broke', but he definitely did not say that on the ptogramme.  He is a piece of work.  Claims to be an ace 'investigative journalist', but his record shows that his 'big story' on Rangers in 2012 was a tissue of lies and nonsense, and since then he has popped up from time to time with 'exclusive' rubbish.  He is a typical product of BBC Scotland - amateurish, lazy and incompetent.  He is now trying to find a Scottish angle on the big football abuse story without having to mention the Celtic scandal. 

1 hour ago, Trooblue said:

He's claiming on Twitter that he said this was the first case in Scotland 'since this scandal broke', but he definitely did not say that on the ptogramme.  He is a piece of work.  Claims to be an ace 'investigative journalist', but his record shows that his 'big story' on Rangers in 2012 was a tissue of lies and nonsense, and since then he has popped up from time to time with 'exclusive' rubbish.  He is a typical product of BBC Scotland - amateurish, lazy and incompetent.  He is now trying to find a Scottish angle on the big football abuse story without having to mention the Celtic scandal. 

Keep the rancid Blatanly Buggering Children out our stadium permanently,the ban must be sin die now,no marks like this 'journalist' aren't even vaguely hiding their contempt now,utter desperation to try and create some dirt on our club 

2 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Quite easy to prove he's lying it will be on iplayer someone should record it and post the video on his timeline 

7 minutes ago, Cottonbudjoe said:

He's posted the video on his own twitter page which shows him clearly say it is the first in Scotland.

Well he clearly is a moron then how does he still have a job when he blatantly lies about everything 

5 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Watched it back.  I don't think Jackie Bird was meant to ask him that...there was a momentary look of panic in his face before he answered  as he internally debated "should I or shouldn't I?".

33 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Watched it back.  I don't think Jackie Bird was meant to ask him that...there was a momentary look of panic in his face before he answered  as he internally debated "should I or shouldn't I?".

Exactly. JB obviously hadn't read the memo from Lawwell and co.   Daly is now extremely defensive about this on Twitter and is lying for his life.  

Archived