After the Hearts game last week

Gaz52

The management and players said they would fix it, they had 'heated discussions' etc. 

2 games later, I actually believe that whatever was wrong is now fixed as we look like a solid football team, didn't look like dropping points out there today. 

A big well done and thank you to everyone involved for the past 2 performances, getting Ibrox rocking again. :crabflute: 

Didn't see the Aberdeen game due to work, but I was impressed with the performance today. I thought Hodson was a real difference, we are actually utilising Garner's abilities and the two CBs have actually decided to concentrate for the full 90.

Tav in the middle doesn't work. Misplaced passes, confusion of who to mark and general headless chicken antics confirm that.

But Holt, Garner, Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace and McKay were all superb. 

Like to see us kick on in January and try and bring in some real quality. Finishing second and winning the Scottish Cup would be a decent season. However the main focus should always be getting 55 and with the right additions we could be in that position to seriously challenge next season. 

That defeat from Hearts was horrible and the pressure on the gaffer was huge at that time with Aberdeen and Hearts again to play. I remember lots of people on here saying he was done and wouldn't see Xmas etc etc........thank fuck we are starting to turn this around and the difference for me is down to two things. One, going long when being pressed and Garner winning headers or scrapping for 2nd ball. The other difference is the guys are working their nuts off and the fans are seeing that and responding to that.

Today was great and shows what we are capable of when we mix it up tactically and the application is there to match/better our opponents work rate.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

Didn't see the Aberdeen game due to work, but I was impressed with the performance today. I thought Hodson was a real difference, we are actually utilising Garner's abilities and the two CBs have actually decided to concentrate for the full 90.

Tav in the middle doesn't work. Misplaced passes, confusion of who to mark and general headless chicken antics confirm that.

But Holt, Garner, Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace and McKay were all superb. 

Exactly what I said to the guy next to me today. I also added that's how I would have played in that position (shite)

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The management and players said they would fix it, they had 'heated discussions' etc. 

2 games later, I actually believe that whatever was wrong is now fixed as we look like a solid football team, didn't look like dropping points out there today. 

A big well done and thank you to everyone involved for the past 2 performances, getting Ibrox rocking again. :crabflute: 

Don't want to piss on the chips, and I've already said that was a good performance today and we deserved to win. But...

To say we didn't look like dropping points takes it a bit far for me. When we were struggling in front of goal (as we have so often) and they scored and the linesman took forever to flag it offside, can you honestly say you didn't think "here we go again?"

I don't want to detract from the performances though, the difference since two games ago is great to see (tu) 

41 minutes ago, GOAT said:

They should have had that heated discussion after getting pumped 5-1 off the bheggers.  I'll wait and see if we've turned a corner after Hogmanay. 

They obviously did that's why Barton is no longer here haha but what ever happened after last week long may it continue 

6 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Getting Tav the fuck away from rightback.

Said to the lad during the game that we look more solid with a proper defender at RB.

As he showed last week & a couple of times today, he can get forward to good effect at times, too.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We need to play this team Sevco as everybody else has and take 3 points off them.

Dunno why this has appeared in my reply to MBL???