*****The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

KeyserSoze

The players have to take the blame for this. They're way out there depth playing for a team like Rangers where everyone hates you and the expectation from our fans is high. Warburton takes the blame for bringing in mentally weak players to a club as big as ours. We need a striker who can actually score, we need a midfielder who can create and open and cut a defense and i want a defender who is young, strong snd quick who csn actually defend first and foremost. I still can't believe that fucking pass. Fuck off.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I don't know what the right answer is but I feel it's not MW

Couple of decent performances early December seem a long way away, now.

If I'm honest, we've probably picked up more points than I expected in this period, but we're back to being very poor.

Nothing in our play to consistently generate good results.

12 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Warburton has to go

his signings have been terrible this season. Only one you could say is any good has been a 37 year old Clint hill 

we need to get him out, his stubbornness and lack of tactical knowledge will cost us second place this season. 

We need to get back into Europe next season to progress and try and challange the tims 

saturday will be fuckin awful 

What stubbornness?

We've mixed it up, both in formation and style in the last few weeks - largely with good results.

Thought we were going to seriously turn them over until that fuck up by Kiernan. We struggled thereafter.

I'll say it again, we are an average team with players of limited ability, McKay aside, who play to a rigid system that in the main works for us. 

Our defence still remain our biggest weakness for several reasons

We have no creativity in the midfield and never will have with what's available. 

We have forwards who can't put the ball in the back of the net far less getting a few shots on target.

We rode our luck and on another day two penalties against us.

StJ aren't a bad team, but being who we are, or should be, we should be miles ahead.

I can't blame the manager nor the players as we are what we are and that is a team of journeymen sticking to a system. I'm fraid only better quality all round will improve us, but that will take investment, so when will we stop the appeasement of this board and challenge them, because this group of players cannot and will not makes us to what we aspire to be and that is champions. We are not talking three or four players here  but pretty much a whole team if the truth be told. Outwith McKay, Wallace and Miller, I just can't see any other with an inkling of quality. Just aint fucking happening.

The scum game is now upon us. IF we can get our shooting boots on, we can spring a surprise, but if they raise their game, we are in for a fucking torrid time.

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fuck up ya walloper 

Cheers mucker! I'm obviously exaggerating but it is yet another shocking performance. This was a great opportunity to continue momentum and confidence going into the Old Firm game. I'd love to see us trying to start closing the gap at the top of the table but there seems a lack of desire at times to do it. The point i'm trying to make is I sometimes wonder what is needed to make some of our players realise the expectations that exist at our club. 

I think our team recently too often shows a mid-table mentality. We seem happy to accept draws (particularly away from home) and appear to lack desire (and ability) to change it. This should never be acceptable for a Rangers team. Again we will hear that the players will analyse it and look forward to training etc. Analysing it is good but too often we don't show that we learn the lessons. I don't expect us to win every game, especially with out current squad but I will always be unhappy when I see us not learn from mistakes and make poor team selections and performances. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Cheers mucker! I'm obviously exaggerating but it is yet another shocking performance. This was a great opportunity to continue momentum and confidence going into the Old Firm game. I'd love to see us trying to start closing the gap at the top of the table but there seems a lack of desire at times to do it. The point i'm trying to make is I sometimes wonder what is needed to make some of our players realise the expectations that exist at our club. 

I think our team recently too often shows a mid-table mentality. We seem happy to accept draws (particularly away from home) and appear to lack desire (and ability) to change it. This should never be acceptable for a Rangers team. Again we will hear that the players will analyse it and look forward to training etc. Analysing it is good but too often we don't show that we learn the lessons. I don't expect us to win every game, especially with out current squad but I will always be unhappy when I see us not learn from mistakes and make poor team selections and performances. 

Agree totally.