Media Impartiality And Integrity. Rest In Peace

Virtuoso

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking about this yesterday. I'm sure the headline in the Sun or Record was along the lines of 'bury Rangers for good' on a day like yesterday was pretty disgusting and these cunts are lower than a snakes base!

I'm no seeing it there TBH. bit maybe thats just me. I mind Hartson done almost the exact same thing but it wasn't in a january if that helps. He said Rangers should've been buried out of site and TBH they're both right. Try should've already left us a shower of also rans.

he's a fucking fanny but in no way did Sutton mean about the 66 FFS. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I'm no seeing it there TBH. bit maybe thats just me. I mind Hartson done almost the exact same thing but it wasn't in a january if that helps. He said Rangers should've been buried out of site and TBH they're both right. Try should've already left us a shower of also rans.

Agree with this, the article reeks of paranoia i'm afraid.

Agree with a lot the vanguard bears do but I think this is slightly straw clutching . I don't think Sutton was in any way trying to have a go at the victims of the disaster . He used a common sporting phrase for when one rival has an advantage over the other . Many times I have said wanted us to bury Celtic and leave them trailing behind us , it's just a phrase used by fans everywhere .  The guy is still an utter prick but I just don't think that was his motive here at all 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

totally agree with you, as much as I dislike Sutton, like most pundits they talk in clichés, burying a team is just a footballing cliché

Nah not for me mate sorry a reference to our dead never crossed my mind. 

Sutton is a wank, the media are fenian loving cunts and the tims are scum but he's making the point about Celtic leaving us behind for good which they could actually do if they invest soon and we don't spend 15 million wisely - that's undeniable 

I like the VB, but the only word to describe that article is desperate. 

It's a bit of an own goal. You have to be careful because this kind of piece hands it on a plate for people to present you as paranoid. Which makes my heart sink a bit because the VB are normally very good and more considered and smart than this.

28 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Spot on mate. Looking for somethin to be offended by is what taigs do best. No need for us to start it aswell. 

This is Sutton were defending here, I would definitely not put it passed him to use the Ibrox disaster as another absurd and frankly sick obsession he seems to have to make himself controversial. 

He is bankrupt financially and now morally. Him and that sick pedo harbouring football club are well suited. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

This is Sutton were defending here, I would definitely not put it passed him to use the Ibrox disaster as another absurd and frankly sick obsession he seems to have to make himself controversial. 

He is bankrupt financially and now morally. Him and that sick pedo harbouring football club are well suited. 

It's no really defending him it's trying not to make us seem pathetic.

It's actually more inappropriate one of our own is using the 66 to have a go at Sutton imo.

He's wanting us buried as a club it had nothing to do with the disaster 

To claim that Pat Bonner can barely conceal his hatred for us is nonsense.

Anyone who has had a conversation with him will tell you he is a absolute gentleman who has many good things to say re -both past & current Rangers players.

Sutton on the other hand is typical of what passes as journalism/punditry in Scotland today. His double act with Terry Butcher is pathetic and does nothing for BT Sport.

40 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

thought the same seen the headline didn't think it had anything to do with the 66

Really don't see the connection. I don't rate Sutton but I don't think it was an reference to the Ibrox disaster. Sutton generally  is deliberately trying to be controversial to get a career out of the media. He is trying to play the pantomime villain, while actually better qualified to be the Pantomime Dame 

57 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's no really defending him it's trying not to make us seem pathetic.

It's actually more inappropriate one of our own is using the 66 to have a go at Sutton imo.

He's wanting us buried as a club it had nothing to do with the disaster 

The words he used was well thought out and banking on creating as much controversy as he could. This cunt has a severe mental imbalance and I don't think VB is wrong by highlighting this. As previous stated, I don't think this surpasses the arsehole's moral judgement to do as VB stated. 

The fact that the Daily Record has also removed the statement that VB highlighted shows they too know that this is wrong  

“The money they’ve accumulated from the Champions League, and with the chance to add to it next season by getting there again, this is the time finish them off. You don’t let them off again.

From

"The money they’ve accumulated from the Champions League, and with the chance to add to it next season by getting there again, this is the time to tread on Rangers. You don’t let them get back up again."

Why did Daily Record change it if it isn't as abhorrent as you state?

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It's not defending Sutton. If he actually did say something which could  genuinely be construed as a reference to the Ibrox disaster and people said it's not a reference then maybe you'd have a point, he's simply used a turn of phrase that people all over the word use all the time, you need to really, really stretch to say it's a reference to the Ibrox disaster.

I get we are in a war and V.B. do great work, playing the tims at their own game only works if we behave like Rangers men 

We are on the back foot more than I have ever known, So was Europe and eventually Good overcame Evil, we win this without lowering our standards to timothys moon howling 

9 minutes ago, jcb said:

To claim that Pat Bonner can barely conceal his hatred for us is nonsense.

Anyone who has had a conversation with him will tell you he is a absolute gentleman who has many good things to say re -both past & current Rangers players.

Sutton on the other hand is typical of what passes as journalism/punditry in Scotland today. His double act with Terry Butcher is pathetic and does nothing for BT Sport.

Bonner is as sleekit a man you will ever meet,  stuttering fuck hates us, plays nice to the crowd and comes across as a nice humble gentleman, among his own when there are no microphones he sings a very different tune 

4 minutes ago, Rangers No Other said:

Bonner is as sleekit a man you will ever meet,  stuttering fuck hates us, plays nice to the crowd and comes across as a nice humble gentleman, among his own when there are no microphones he sings a very different tune 

You seem to speak from experience of what Bonner is like amongst his own...

Sutton was plainly talking about the savco board spending big and opening up an "insurmountable" gap between them and us. If I was in savcos position, with their supposed money, I would be looking to consolidate my position by strengthening the squad even more and putting some distance between me and my closest rivals - what clubs fans wouldnt do that?

This language is simply another shock jock tactic from Sutton because he knows his audience will lap it up like the dogs they are and he simply cant help letting his hatred for Rangers seep through.

However, his preference for incendiary rhetoric is clearly getting the better of his common sense.  There is nothing savoc can do that is going to "finish us off for good". Even teams that are utterly dominant in their market place for several years, undergo spells where its not happening, for what ever reason. In savcos case their entire finances at the moment are predicated on getting to the CL group stages - if they dont do that they have to sell - if they have to sell the quality diminishes and suddenly the door opens etc etc. That is the cyclical nature of most things, including football.

The mans an idiot.