Craig the bhoy Thomson

Smile

I would hate to think that Thomson or any other official in British football would set out to cheat a particular team. I'm more inclined to believe that Thomson is just a very poor referee who gets big decisions wrong on a regular basis. The trip on O'Halloran was a disgraceful decision that stood out like a sore thumb when considering the free kicks awarded in general play that shouldn't even have been given.

If O'Halloran had been tripped anywhere else on the field of play it would have been a free kick with no argument given; so as the laws state, inside the box is a penalty kick for the same infringement. If Thomson doesn't deem it an offence against Hammell then he has to book O'Halloran for simulation, plain and simple; so no matter what was going through his head, he has failed to apply one of the rules that should have been given.

Thomson has previous when refereeing our games and it didn't surprise me in the least he didn't award the penalty, stonewall or not, but some of the other decisions by the officials totally baffled me; notably 2 off-side calls that could have gave us a goal when we were so far on-side it wasn't funny.

I don't think Thomson cheats, but he is so bad I can understand why some of our fans think he does.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I've done work for him in his house, and have done for a couple of years. I was last there 2 weeks ago, and to this day I've never suspected him of being a Celtic fan or a rangers fan. The only football stuff I've ever saw are refereeing pics of him doing SC finals. One of his best mates, whom I also done work for and lives in paisley is a massive rangers fan, and they grew up in paisley together. CT supposedly has a twin brother who is a st mirren season ticket holder, so maybe he actually is a st mirren fan. I get on well with him, and he was telling me after a conversation one day when we were talking about punditry that he has zero time for Chris Sutton and Craig burley, take from that what u like.

im sure he gave us a throw in last season when it was a Celtic throw in, and McKay scored seconds later, and I'm sure he disallowed a Celtic goal in the league cup semi final a couple of months ago which seemed at the time a mistake, and could have sent off forrester v Dundee earlier this season which got Sutton's back up.

yes he is a lawyer for fes, and his wife is a teacher, but they are nice people, and I get on with them both well. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Is he a cheat? I doubt it. Does he support Celtic? I'd be very surprised if it came out that he did, as he's never shown any leanings that way, and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan, and also last year was always saying to me how good it was to referee Barrie McKay as he thinks he's a really good player.

is he incompetent? Possibly, but he's told me he's been refereeing in spl for over 10 years, UEFA and FIFA around the same, so somebody thinks he's good enough.

i agree though that he has made big mistakes for and against us throughout the years, like a lot or referees mind you.

it was a big mistake yesterday though, and I'll mention that next time I see him (prob in a few weeks) lol.

I have a mate who is on the refereeing ladder, at a level where he goes on their training courses to la manga etc even though he's not at spl standard yet.

His close friends know what he is - I've belted out penny arcade and joey Garner with him plenty times - but if you visited his house or spoke to a workmate they'd be none the wiser. It's a well paid job, why would he display a bias? If you spoke to his Mrs, she'd point blank deny any team preference. She'd lie for his sake as would he if asked directly.

All I'm saying is all is not as it seems.

I don't know how my mate would deal with a game v the bheasts, with honesty I'd imagine. I'd hope. Something I really don't think we get with Thomson, one only his closest will likely know his allegiances.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Get back to us m8 when he gives you his excuse, when I watched the replay it was a stonewall penalty from every angle, not dubious, no excuses.

Also good to know he doesn't have crucifixes in his hoose.

Haha, I might see him this week as he occasionally trains down at Grangemouth stadium where I go to train, so I'll ask him if he is about. Lol.

honestly, he has a room up the stairs where he has Iirc 3 or 4 pics of him and his assistants and team captains before SC finals he's done,some plaques refs must get from FIFA each season on his wall, and the presentation trophies they receive after cup finals. That's the only football stuff in the house, I've ever saw and I floored his loft last year, and there are no hidden sellick shit up there either. . Lol.

5 hours ago, bluebovril said:

I heard he is one of us guy's.

Obviously.......did you not hear?? Every ref and linesman is scottish football is a rangers season ticket holder. Not only that but most of them are very high up in the masons.

Well thats the logic of they smelly bastards:duh:

Some of the decisions we have had over the last few years have been unreal.........if that lot had got some of them they would be throwing themselves off the stands again:wanker:

56 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I've done work for him in his house, and have done for a couple of years. I was last there 2 weeks ago, and to this day I've never suspected him of being a Celtic fan or a rangers fan. The only football stuff I've ever saw are refereeing pics of him doing SC finals. One of his best mates, whom I also done work for and lives in paisley is a massive rangers fan, and they grew up in paisley together. CT supposedly has a twin brother who is a st mirren season ticket holder, so maybe he actually is a st mirren fan. I get on well with him, and he was telling me after a conversation one day when we were talking about punditry that he has zero time for Chris Sutton and Craig burley, take from that what u like.

im sure he gave us a throw in last season when it was a Celtic throw in, and McKay scored seconds later, and I'm sure he disallowed a Celtic goal in the league cup semi final a couple of months ago which seemed at the time a mistake, and could have sent off forrester v Dundee earlier this season which got Sutton's back up.

yes he is a lawyer for fes, and his wife is a teacher, but they are nice people, and I get on with them both well. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Is he a cheat? I doubt it. Does he support Celtic? I'd be very surprised if it came out that he did, as he's never shown any leanings that way, and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan, and also last year was always saying to me how good it was to referee Barrie McKay as he thinks he's a really good player.

is he incompetent? Possibly, but he's told me he's been refereeing in spl for over 10 years, UEFA and FIFA around the same, so somebody thinks he's good enough.

i agree though that he has made big mistakes for and against us throughout the years, like a lot or referees mind you.

it was a big mistake yesterday though, and I'll mention that next time I see him (prob in a few weeks) lol.

Ok Craig 

19 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I would hate to think that Thomson or any other official in British football would set out to cheat a particular team. I'm more inclined to believe that Thomson is just a very poor referee who gets big decisions wrong on a regular basis. The trip on O'Halloran was a disgraceful decision that stood out like a sore thumb when considering the free kicks awarded in general play that shouldn't even have been given.

If O'Halloran had been tripped anywhere else on the field of play it would have been a free kick with no argument given; so as the laws state, inside the box is a penalty kick for the same infringement. If Thomson doesn't deem it an offence against Hammell then he has to book O'Halloran for simulation, plain and simple; so no matter what was going through his head, he has failed to apply one of the rules that should have been given.

Thomson has previous when refereeing our games and it didn't surprise me in the least he didn't award the penalty, stonewall or not, but some of the other decisions by the officials totally baffled me; notably 2 off-side calls that could have gave us a goal when we were so far on-side it wasn't funny.

I don't think Thomson cheats, but he is so bad I can understand why some of our fans think he does.

I agree refs get it wrong, some more than others.  I've a mate who is a selik fan, and he's always going on to me about, aye we've got " your pal Thomson the rangers fan" or "brother collum" reffed us the day, so to me, the tarriers think they are all Rangers fans.

i just personally can't see if he is that bad, why he keeps getting 2-3 CL games a season and at least one international match. ( which is €3500 for a CL game plus expenses and €7500 for an international game plus expenses.)

a lot of money to piss away if the refs are all ropey.

on a side note, I also done work for one of his occasional assistants (linesman) last year, and he too is UEFA and FIFA registered, and he was telling me before games, the officials meet at a designated place to be picked up by the home club official and taken to and from the ground before and after games.  He said that the tarriers treat them the worst, making them park in a car park in castle milk or csmbuslang( I can't recall what one) whilst the rest pick up and drop off from a hotel of the clubs choice.

Also, before last season, he, and I think it was John Beaton were designated to go to Celtic and Rangers before the season started, to have a chat about referee rule changes. He said mark warburton and rangers ( before even his first game), were really professional and courteous, made all the staff, players, youth players listen what they had to say, whilst over at Lennox town not all of diala's team where there,and to there shock, Scott brown (captain) got up and walked out before they had even finished the talk.

thats what Celtic think of officials in our game, if you believe what this linesman told me.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've said this before re Thomson - in Scotland we have a lot of bad refs. Some really, really bad ones - but he's the only ref I've seen in about 30 years of watching football that I actually think is a cheat.

I've no idea what goes on in his head. 

I've never complained about bad referee's as it's taigy but he's an exception. Guys a cheat (and a poor ref) 

I agree mate .Since his apology to the beggars regarding a penalty he never gave them .Can't ever recall those bastards suffering from any of his decisions 

Now bearing in mind ,it's the scum here.What are the chances of that and those cunts not complaining about a ref .

He is definitely on Pedros payroll for me .

Collum too 

It won't be the last time we get him in a big game though .He seems to get 1out of every 2 of ours 

55 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I agree refs get it wrong, some more than others.  I've a mate who is a selik fan, and he's always going on to me about, aye we've got " your pal Thomson the rangers fan" or "brother collum" reffed us the day, so to me, the tarriers think they are all Rangers fans.

i just personally can't see if he is that bad, why he keeps getting 2-3 CL games a season and at least one international match. ( which is €3500 for a CL game plus expenses and €7500 for an international game plus expenses.)

a lot of money to piss away if the refs are all ropey.

on a side note, I also done work for one of his occasional assistants (linesman) last year, and he too is UEFA and FIFA registered, and he was telling me before games, the officials meet at a designated place to be picked up by the home club official and taken to and from the ground before and after games.  He said that the tarriers treat them the worst, making them park in a car park in castle milk or csmbuslang( I can't recall what one) whilst the rest pick up and drop off from a hotel of the clubs choice.

Also, before last season, he, and I think it was John Beaton were designated to go to Celtic and Rangers before the season started, to have a chat about referee rule changes. He said mark warburton and rangers ( before even his first game), were really professional and courteous, made all the staff, players, youth players listen what they had to say, whilst over at Lennox town not all of diala's team where there,and to there shock, Scott brown (captain) got up and walked out before they had even finished the talk.

thats what Celtic think of officials in our game, if you believe what this linesman told me.

Well maybe we should be rude to the refs instead of being mr nice its getting us nowhere at all 

6 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I always thought he was a Hearts fan. In fact, I've been told he was once a season ticket holder, there.

He's born and bred Paisley?????

Either way,there are no bent referees. The teams thaf they supported as a boy does not come into it. If it did would Scott McDonald have played his pivotal part in Helicopter Sunday? Kenny Miller do his 'thumper celebration' when he scored for Sellick against us? Denis Law infamously back heeled a goal for Man City to relegate Man Utd? 

All this biased conspiracy theory bullshit is for taigs. I cant believe some of us are lowering ourselves to their pathetic level. 

If he doesn't think it's a penalty, then MOH has to have dived and should be booked.

It is a digital decision, it's either a penalty or a dive.

I would be less annoyed if he actually booked MOH for diving, as whilst he would have got it wrong..... I could at least see what he was thinking.

Whilst during general play I dont think Craig Thomson is the worst referee, but he gets a lot of big calls wrong and has done for many years.  He is always liable to make an arse of it.

6 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Haha, I might see him this week as he occasionally trains down at Grangemouth stadium where I go to train, so I'll ask him if he is about. Lol.

honestly, he has a room up the stairs where he has Iirc 3 or 4 pics of him and his assistants and team captains before SC finals he's done,some plaques refs must get from FIFA each season on his wall, and the presentation trophies they receive after cup finals. That's the only football stuff in the house, I've ever saw and I floored his loft last year, and there are no hidden sellick shit up there either. . Lol.

Did you sniff his wifes Knickers when you were there.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Either way,there are no bent referees. The teams thaf they supported as a boy does not come into it. If it did would Scott McDonald have played his pivotal part in Helicopter Sunday? Kenny Miller do his 'thumper celebration' when he scored for Sellick against us? Denis Law infamously back heeled a goal for Man City to relegate Man Utd? 

All this biased conspiracy theory bullshit is for taigs. I cant believe some of us are lowering ourselves to their pathetic level. 

When did they start refereeing?

11 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Cmon lads - "the ref is a cheat" 

leave the paranoia to you know who. He's neither a cheat or "one of us" he's a ref whose best years are behind him. Like Keirnan, Tav, Halliday or any other player for that matter on this God given earth, he has bad days or very bad moments. 

He made a couple of glaring errors yesterday but they were not  premeditated. 

I don't think Thompson ever had any good years though - he has always been absolutely useless.  Speaks volumes for the standards here that this guy has supposedly been our 'best' referee for ever.  He combines arrogance with incompetence - a fatal combination. 

I lived in Paisley for 10 years, shite hole. Two types of fans there, beasts and St Mirren fans who hate the old firm. 

Either way, I doubt he has any affection for us. 

Look at Dallas' boy, goes out his way to be biased against us just so his masters won't pull him up. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's not true though , there was an ex pl ref on talksport a cpl weeks ago (can't remember his name) and he admitted he had too go to the pl and tell them he couldn't ref his teams games as although he hadn't given them any decisions he said it was coming into his thinking so he had too take the step back