***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for posting, would have thought the DOF would have been the first appointment. He maybe means that but it does not read like that. :unsure: 

I thought that too, I hope there's more going on behind the scenes with the DoF amd he has had his say on who we are going for.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I wouldn't be against Pardew coming in tbh.

He just seems like a joke manager tbh, dancing on the touchline, getting involved with players, his teams on the pitch are poorly set up, bad defensively not to mention in his last two jobs he has been chased by the fans.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I thought that too, I hope there's more going on behind the scenes with the DoF amd he has had his say on who we are going for.

Yes, surely any DOF must be involved in the manager appointment, but with our bunch you never know. Fingers crossed the right decisions are made because we cannot get this wrong again.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Bears r us said:

Yes, surely any DOF must be involved in the manager appointment, but with our bunch you never know. Fingers crossed the right decisions are made because we cannot get this wrong again.

Yup hope is all we can do, I'd like to have more faith in the board that they'll do the right thing but they've given me no reason to feel that way so far.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Pardew is brilliant at getting short term results and having initial impact. Give him more than a season and the wheels come off and all his teams go on horrendous winless streaks 

He's an atrocious option. 

The more transfer windows and money you give him the worse he gets.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

No chance Pardew will be in. He's got a tie-in with Ashley - I would think the board wouldn't have it

Managers like pardew will always get a shot at a perm league team who are in a relegation battle, they know that someone will come in a pay them a fortune just in the hope that they will stay up. 

13 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Out with Reading and Southampton Pardew loses as much as he wins. So it's a no.

Ally mccoist has a 2.30 points per game rating, shall we get him back?

Not saying I'd say pardew was a good choice but stats aren't everything.....remember how much possession we have?

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Ally mccoist has a 2.30 points per game eating, shall we get him back?

Not saying I'd say pardew was a good choice but stats aren't everything.....remember how much possession we have?

No point in having that possession if we don't do anything about it. No not Ally either. Someone significant better than those two. Don't know who but just someone better. 

Edit: but then again the championship and EPL is much better than the Spfl so is 40% win ratio that bad?? 

2 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

No point in having that possession if we don't do anything about it. No not Ally either. Someone significant better than those two. Don't know who but just someone better. 

Wasn't saying possession was great my point was that stats aren't the be all and end all.

The names in the hat aren't thrilling tbh but we aren't going to get a manager where compensation is involved