***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
42 minutes ago, gsa said:

This won't be popular but Gary Neville would be a good candidate for us in my opinion. He's got something to prove and would bring a good mix of coaching and slightly older school discipline. 

I like Neville and I think he'll go on to do great things in management. Doubt he'd ever come here though tbh.

47 minutes ago, gsa said:

This won't be popular but Gary Neville would be a good candidate for us in my opinion. He's got something to prove and would bring a good mix of coaching and slightly older school discipline. 

Steeped in tradition and has a will to win that mirrors that of our club. Not a choice I would have thought of but he could work as a coach\manager with a dof.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

6099d3e43d5392473b03c885ca80ef2e.jpgf2133a2acd9ba7e4d59d8caad8911fad.jpgD2rdOfpL4Ou2KcZzmJFEe4UOvOFN0wpj_lg.jpg

Wtf-Did-I-Just-Read-Wtf-Meme-Image.jpg1cf91ac79211c89b53d9409cd16592af.jpg

1927mmb6i47g4gif.gif

Not manager but I see mark wotte previously of the SFA has been routing himself saying he would love the job and ramgers need European pedigree. Can't argue with that side of it and I recall he was mean to be the man to over see Scottish football from Sfa point of.view but donT think he was allowed to develop his ideas 

Decent shout for DoF if that's the road we are going down ?

Quote from Mark wotte coue years back

You have the dinosaurs in Scotland who really like to play 4-4-2, kick the ball long and challenge for the second balls. But also I have seen some younger coaches now in Scotland who are embracing the 4-3-3, a passing style, with a little bit more composure on the park. The principle isn't just about winning the next game. It is about how can we play better and improve the level of our players. If you do that you will end up winning more games."

Does.he know something we don't.  Is this the kind of philosophy rsngers will continue sith trying to play the same system and style from scariest up to first team ?

1 minute ago, deco19761 said:

You have the dinosaurs in Scotland who really like to play 4-4-2, kick the ball long and challenge for the second balls. But also I have seen some younger coaches now in Scotland who are embracing the 4-3-3, a passing style, with a little bit more composure on the park. The principle isn't just about winning the next game. It is about how can we play better and improve the level of our players. If you do that you will end up winning more games."

Does.he know something we don't.  Is this the kind of philosophy rsngers will continue sith trying to play the same system and style from scariest up to first team ?

Mate if a few Siths is what is required to get a result at the Dark Side so be it. 

*Sigh* So all of a sudden 4-3-3 is terrible just because MW couldn't translate possession into goals? If he had played 4-4-2 and failed would we be saying that is the wrong system to play too?

A team should adapt to whatever formation is necessary given the circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

It will be big Eck but hopefully just till the end of this season

I don't want him, and if he did come it would not be till the end of the season. It is time to have a fresh perspective, with the backing of real investment. Anything else suggests this board lack a proper ambition to take this club to the very top again.

Guest Lloyd72
19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't want him, and if he did come it would not be till the end of the season. It is time to have a fresh perspective, with the backing of real investment. Anything else suggests this board lack a proper ambition to take this club to the very top again.

Who knows maybe Eck could come in and kick some talent out of these useless bastards and help us secure third. I doubt we will get him though sounds like we have a manager lined up and it could be announced in time for the ICT game

Just now, Creampuff said:

I think Pardew would be an excellent appointment.

Can you also delete posts of people getting their fanny wet over bookies odds? The last couple of days have been torture.

it's one of the most volatile markets there is and when andy goram sits at 16s then it says it all. 

People are going off their head because names appear on a list :lol: Paddy Power had the Pope on theirs for us one year. Brutal reading 3 and 4 pages of folk having a fit because the bookies have made a list 

Just now, Dado'sMulls said:

I'd be reasonably happy with Pardew tbh, Wotte as DoF too but that article reads like our board ain't interested in him.

Whoever we appoint isn't gonna please everyone!

Don't worry they'll manage to let us know. 

My first choice would be FDB. Probably like most others. However pardew etc are also of a high calibre especially when considered against mcinnes, Wright and Davies etc.

I'm just wanting someone who can make us solid and hard to beat. That may or may not be parses but we will see

7 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Oh dear the back to basics 442 lot won't like that one little bit. Mark your out because long term progression is not of interest any more - just win at all costs. And yet when we had Walter / Ally all folks seemed to want was a change in philosophy - a modern coach that developed for the long term - little did we know long term was one loss or draw. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Oh dear the back to basics 442 lot won't like that one little bit. Mark your out because long term progression is not of interest any more - just win at all costs. And yet when we had Walter / Ally all folks seemed to want was a change in philosophy - a modern coach that developed for the long term - little did we know long term was one loss or draw. 

Shut up ya fat ride.