***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, DBBTB said:

What is 'outstanding' about him? :lol:

He's an unspectacular English manager who's achieved absolutely nothing of note in his entire managerial career.

People need to stop getting caught up in the hype of people's names values just because they want us to have somebody in the dug out who matches the name value of Rodgers and look at what they have done to actually merit the job.

I'm not sure Pardew is even close.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's an unspectacular English manager who's achieved absolutely nothing of note in his entire managerial career.

People need to stop getting caught up in the hype of people's names values just because they want us to have somebody in the dug out who matches the name value of Rodgers and look at what they have done to actually merit the job.

Rodgers done nothing in England either. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I ain't getting caught up in name values ffs for a guy that's managed at epl level for as long as he has just to be laughed out the door because he's done nothing to merit the job.

what had Rodgers done to merit the scum job going by your ways of thinking?

I've been out of the loop the past few days. Seen on Sky Sports News that Murty will take the ICT game and that's likely going to be his last and that we've not approached McLeish.

Does anyone at all have any idea who we're going to be interviewing?

43 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Warburton got more than enough money for us to finish a comfortable second. The money he was given he squandered so I'm not surprised the board wanted rid. I do actually, any half decent manager could come in and get more out that squad IMO. The errors we're making just now is school boy stuff.

We've been here before, you and I, and there is no such thing as being given enough money for second; it is a fallacy. Rangers either spend with the intention of being first, or it is irrelevant. Was his budget for coming first? The answer is obviously no, and so he had to have a longer term plan.

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I've been out of the loop the past few days. Seen on Sky Sports News that Murty will take the ICT game and that's likely going to be his last and that we've not approached McLeish.

No idea.  If the papers are to be believed it would seem the board are more concerned with bringing in a DOF at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Think the DoF front is more documented than manager.

For DoF it's either Paul Mitchell or Ross Wilson, assuming either are interested.

For manager the only one I actually know about being interviewed is Dougie Freedman though many believe Pardew has also been interviewed. Likely to be many more but one thing I'm fairly certain on is that it'll be an out of work manager.

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Well realistically we aren't going to bring in someone who has had a lot of success (or even minimal success) in the EPL are we?

Pardew seems a bit of a bampot, but his record down south isn't terrible and he can get his teams fired up, IMO.

48 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Pardew would be a outstanding appointment if we can't get FDB

I don't understand why people don't like him just because he stuck the nut on a ginger hull player canny stand gingers myself

Pardew would not be outstanding. 

He has a horrendous habit of initially doing quite well, then going on horrific winless streaks. 

2014 form for newcastle below: 

PAY-Premier-League.jpg

Similarly, post-Christmas form with Palace season 2015/2016 reads:

D D L L L L L D L L D L L L D W D D L W L 

that is fucking abysmal. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Well realistically we aren't going to bring in someone who has had a lot of success (or even minimal success) in the EPL are we?

Pardew seems a bit of a bampot, but his record down south isn't terrible and he can get his teams fired up, IMO.

He is still getting paid a mint by Palace so if he takes another job he loses that. He will only take one that gives him the same of more money. Press reports had him on about 1.5m a year.

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Think the DoF front is more documented than manager.

For DoF it's either Paul Mitchell or Ross Wilson, assuming either are interested.

For manager the only one I actually know about being interviewed is Dougie Freedman though many believe Pardew has also been interviewed. Likely to be many more but one thing I'm fairly certain on is that it'll be an out of work manager.

Thanks for the update mate

Freedman's managerial record isn't great at all but there is the fact he's a good bluenose, but would very underwhelmed if he's the manager.

Pardew is a pipe dream IMO.

47 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

What do you class as a good manager though?  Because the best managers always work with the best players in their prospective leagues.  Ferguson, and at one time wenger in- both had the best squads and won things. In my view a manager is only as good as his players.  

Even walter knew how to spend money and luckily enough bought good players.   ATM we could have guardiola or ancelotti and still be rubbish 

He classed mccoist and warburton as good managers, says it all. 

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We've been here before, you and I, and there is no such thing as being given enough money for second; it is a fallacy. Rangers either spend with the intention of being first, or it is irrelevant. Was his budget for coming first? The answer is obviously no, and so he had to have a longer term plan.

How is there no such thing as being given enough money for second? By that same logic there's no such thing as being given enough money to finish first either.

So where did the likes of Barton, Kranjcar, Hill, Senderos, Gilks and Garner fit into this long term plan? Straight away that's 6 out of 11 signings that weren't with a view to the longer term.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

No we aren't going to get somebody who's been successful in the EPL so why not look elsewhere for a manager who has been successful in a different league in another country?

Successful or not, people recognise Rodgers because he recently managed in the EPL and I genuinely get the feeling that some people are desperate for us to appoint a box office name just so they can say well look we've got a manager who people recognise too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against us appointing a big name but they have to be right for the job too and I don't think Alan Pardew would be at all.

8 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Pardew would not be outstanding. 

He has a horrendous habit of initially doing quite well, then going on horrific winless streaks. 

2014 form for newcastle below: 

PAY-Premier-League.jpg

Similarly, post-Christmas form with Palace season 2015/2016 reads:

D D L L L L L D L L D L L L D W D D L W L 

that is fucking abysmal. 

At the highest level of club football mate we in Scotland are league 1-2 at best I think he'd be a outstanding appointment certainly not someone we can just laugh out the door ffs

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

How is there no such thing as being given enough money for second? By that same logic there's no such thing as being given enough money to finish first either.

So where did the likes of Barton, Kranjcar, Hill, Senderos, Gilks and Garner fit into this long term plan? Straight away that's 6 out of 11 signings that weren't with a view to the longer term.

Garner was viewed longer term, got to have been at 1.8 million or whatever the actual figure was.

The other 5 were brought in as immediate impact and to get us into 2nd, the board will never say that but those signings were never going to win you the league, they were to add experience to our squad.

3 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

He classed mccoist and warburton as good managers, says it all. 

Every right to his opinion.  Mccoist to me would never have made it simply because he tried to do what smith did. Only smith could a Rangers team that included a 36 year old weir and journey man Christian daily a whisker from an unprecedented quadruple. 

Warburton may have turned out different if he was given a budget to suit he's vision of free flowing winning football. Again he has major flaws but I'm sure every support will say that about their teams manager. I even witnessed a Man Utd fan telling his pal SAF was a hinderance to man Utd the very same season they won the champions league in 2008.

we all come up with what we think is a perfect solution but by and large we don't know or see anything behind the scenes

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

At the highest level of club football mate we in Scotland are league 1-2 at best I think he'd be a outstanding appointment certainly not someone we can just laugh out the door ffs

In what context though? Against Rodgers who is operating with a vastly superior squad (and like it or not, a better CV than Pardew), all that will happen is extended mediocrity. 

It's a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you dont", i suppose, as if we appointed antonio conte we'd still be fucked with this gaggle of shit that currently makes up our first team squad. 

If we want to plod along in mediocrity then pardew is the man. Admittedly he would represent an upgrade on warburton, but would he be capable of taking us to the next level, consistently, to compete with the scum? not for me. not even close, and his worrying trend of going on abysmal winless streaks should have alarm bells ringing. He is notorious for being likable in the short term, but then starts to get on everyone's tits and loses his dressing room, before being jettisoned. 

I honestly think that with the route we are going down by appointing a DoF and putting faith in the academy and supposedly building for the future, a manager like De Boer after what he achieved at Ajax, is our best option. will it happen? will it fuck, we will be lumbered with whoever is cheapest. 

Some horrendous names being touted at the moment. i genuinely think pardew is horrendous.