***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

7 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Who knows maybe Eck could come in and kick some talent out of these useless bastards and help us secure third. I doubt we will get him though sounds like we have a manager lined up and it could be announced in time for the ICT game

I hope whoever comes in gets it done right away.

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

*Sigh* So all of a sudden 4-3-3 is terrible just because MW couldn't translate possession into goals? If he had played 4-4-2 and failed would we be saying that is the wrong system to play too?

A team should adapt to whatever formation is necessary given the circumstances.

You have to buy players who are capable of doing that. The majority 9f Warburtons signings werent and thats why we are 30 points behind the taigs.

30 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Pardew is a bang average manager, the only reason he's linked with so many jobs is because he's English.

That being said I'd still rather him than McLeish or Davies.

Guy is still getting paid by Palace at around 1.5m a year so he is not coming here.

Might well be someone from abroad that hasn't been mentioned, the interviews being in London doesn't necessarily means it's someone English or English-based Scottish. Fly them in to Heathrow or Gatwick from anywhere in Europe in an hour or two and out again same day. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Oh dear the back to basics 442 lot won't like that one little bit. Mark your out because long term progression is not of interest any more - just win at all costs. And yet when we had Walter / Ally all folks seemed to want was a change in philosophy - a modern coach that developed for the long term - little did we know long term was one loss or draw. 

It's about getting the balance and approach right. Plan too much for 5 years time and we'll struggle in the present. However planning in just beating Celtic by a point next season could see us ruined in a few years.

what I will say is the board an manager put too much emphasis on developing  too many at the same time.  It should've been 5 first team era of real quality and sign 1/2 with potential but instead we've gambled on younger players too much and it's made us an easy game.  Fans don't just want an ugly but winning team we want the best and if other sides in comparable leagues can get young players produced whilst winning then we should strive for the exact same

24 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's about getting the balance and approach right. Plan too much for 5 years time and we'll struggle in the present. However planning in just beating Celtic by a point next season could see us ruined in a few years.

what I will say is the board an manager put too much emphasis on developing  too many at the same time.  It should've been 5 first team era of real quality and sign 1/2 with potential but instead we've gambled on younger players too much and it's made us an easy game.  Fans don't just want an ugly but winning team we want the best and if other sides in comparable leagues can get young players produced whilst winning then we should strive for the exact same

I agree with most of what you say but we can't afford that squad of ( say) 15 'real' quality - but the fans won't wait the time required to develop our squad - lol at the reactions to this season. 

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with most of what you say but we can't afford that squad of ( say) 15 'real' quality - but the fans won't wait the time required to develop our squad - lol at the reactions to this season. 

Correct, because we are Rangers, not some small, pishy, up and coming club.

45 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That being said how long are you willing for us to continue to be the second or maybe even the third best team in this country?