Diomande

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

How much do you think his value has gone down since January?

Who said they got offered $20m plus? the tainted- biased press :lol: and who said I thought his value went down, he's good I'll give you that, just got to laugh at your valuation and the press etc. Just my humble opinion mate

7 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Who said they got offered $20m plus? the tainted- biased press :lol: and who said I thought his value went down, he's good I'll give you that, just got to laugh at your valuation and the press etc. Just my humble opinion mate

There’s multiple players left them, and Bassey at us for over £20m already. O’Reily is a goalscoring midfielder, young, a Danish international and he’s English trained. He ticks a lot of boxes and they’ll get around £25m for him. It’s thick to bury your head in the sand over it. He’s exactly the type of signing we should’ve been making for years. 

7 minutes ago, SPWF said:

There’s multiple players left them, and Bassey at us for over £20m already. O’Reily is a goalscoring midfielder, young, a Danish international and he’s English trained. He ticks a lot of boxes and they’ll get around £25m for him. It’s thick to bury your head in the sand over it. He’s exactly the type of signing we should’ve been making for years. 

It's thick to assume, and hppefully they dont get that money for the wee prick 

1 minute ago, Cooperson said:

It's thick to assume and hope they get that money for the wee prick

It’s not an assumption. It’s a reasoned opinion based on evidence. 

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

It’s not an assumption. It’s a reasoned opinion based on evidence. 

Agree do disagree, not worth anymore than $15m  imo, and still a wee prick

The reason O'Reilly will go for a high fee is because they over-hype their players and the media follow suit. He has only recently started playing well after a barren spell. I don't see him as an EPL player.

Yet we love to undervalue our players. Just look at the last couple of pages... Diomande and Sterling are our best assets to make big money and we should constantly talk big about them.

Diomande is worth paying 4.5M, because it's a fair assumption that he is worth much more in a few years. That kid will only improve, as will Sterling.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The reason O'Reilly will go for a high fee is because they over-hype their players and the media follow suit. He has only recently started playing well after a barren spell. I don't see him as an EPL player.

Yet we love to undervalue our players. Just look at the last couple of pages... Diomande and Sterling are our best assets to make big money and we should constantly talk big about them.

Diomande is worth paying 4.5M, because it's a fair assumption that he is worth much more in a few years. That kid will only improve, as will Sterling.

Athletico Madrid aren't bidding for someone because the Scottish press say they're a good player 😂😂

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Athletico Madrid aren't bidding for someone because the Scottish press say they're a good player 😂😂

Tbf you've got to question wtf they are doing though 😂 celtic get abused in Europe, and in Scotland are expected to beat most sides.

No player in Scotland has done anything to attract AM, unless they're having a crisis.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Tbf you've got to question wtf they are doing though 😂 celtic get abused in Europe, and in Scotland are expected to beat most sides.

No player in Scotland has done anything to attract AM, unless they're having a crisis.

Apart from the player they tried to sign.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Apart from the player they tried to sign.

Yeah, that's the problem with text based stuff online, people can't tell when you're being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Tierney, bassey and who else? 

Jota and Dembele, think the sell on they got for Van Dijk also took that whole deal over 20m

The reason they get top dollar for their players is because they don't hoard them, they do 2/3 years tops and away they go, this is what I was talking about the other day, we should've sold Morelos in 2020, Borna in 2021 and Kent after the Europa Final in 2022, but we constantly hold onto players to long until their value completely disintegrates, we become stale, they become stale, and then we need to generate funds from elswhere to reinvigorate the squad.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I didn't watch it but was it not his performance against them at the piggery in the CL that convinced Atletico to bid for him? 

Just now, NixonRFC said:

I didn't watch it but was it not his performance against them at the piggery in the CL that convinced Atletico to bid for him? 

Could have been man, i only seen they'd got put out of Europe again, I didn't check out any of their games tbf.

The competiton isn't much but Diomande is a clear upgrade in midfield from what we've had or still have. Came in right at the end of the window and still fitted into the midfield like a glove, scored a couple of important goals and was glaringly missing against Ross County and Dundee. He just fits what we should be doing with our squad.

As for o'riley the reason he'll go for good money is because nothing more than he's a good player who has a bit of everything and can play in a couple of roles in midfield. The only thing that should rile us up is that we should have been all over him prior to celtic signing him.

They’ll get 20 for him. They’ve had a better player trading model and cash in on players at peak interest. They also seem to market their players better. 

Very different model to us where we spent money on players like Colak, Dessers, Davies, Lammers who can never go for 20. Think at one point almost 50% of our spend was on players 26 or over. 

I don’t think O’Riley is exceptional though. Slightly better version of Christie. 

But players like Van Dijk, Frimpong, Bassey looked like they had that potential to go to the next level, at least physically they were playing a different game. 

We need more Diomande and Tillman type signings.