***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

12 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

McCoist and smith where in South Africa 3 weeks ago on a golfing trip. 

I doubt they even spoke to king. So let's no start anymore shite lazy rumours ??

Think what you like, but - as I said - a very reliable source has all but confirmed this meeting took place today. Once again, I was given no indication of the content of the meeting. 

9 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Start here back in 2010:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285455/Andrew-Ellis-brink-33m-Rangers-buyout-Project-Charlotte-enters-end-game.html

Then wrap yourself in tinfoil, microwave on high for 90 seconds, then jump out the window :tu:

It grew arms and legs and by the end it was something akin to what you would find on Ickes forum :confused:

Fantastic to read for us though :mutley:

42 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I would imagine the likes of Walter and Ally are the mentors "made accessible to Murty meanwhile"

Looks like we'll be sticking with Murty (with mentors) until the DOF is in position and whose likely first task will be to appoint a head coach.

It's quite possible that those two and a few others are part of a due diligence process to find the right person. Anyone with recent experience of the club would most likely have very valid opinions about what we need etc.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's quite possible that those two and a few others are part of a due diligence process to find the right person. Anyone with recent experience of the club would most likely have very valid opinions about what we need etc.

Christ, both would suggest Ally.

But yeah joking aside I'm sure king would value Walters insight but given that Murty is to be given access to mentors i would think it obvious that at least Walter would be one such, probably Ally too, after all the karaoke wont organise itself.

It doesn't have to be a matter of asking Ally anything other than that he was here as a manager and whatever we may thing about what he was as a manager his experience of the problems that any prospective manager will encounter is possibly valid. It appears there is quite a bit going on to get someone in for what is going to be a crucial time, the next manager could be the most important for a long time; if that is the reason we seem to be taking our time then it's worth it. I also think it's possible that the board are speaking to people outwith the club for their input as well; which is no bad thing if, again, it means coming to get the right manager for the task ahead.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Asking McCoists advice about football management is akin to asking a homeless guy for advice about curtains..

He will know plenty about curtains as they will be his bedding, wrong guy to ask about mood lighting though.

McCoist was at Ibrox a fortnight ago. He went in the front door so hardly incognito but those autograph hunters present were asked not to take pictures. I have no idea why he was there. My guess would be in relation to his shares/voting intentions but that's a complete guess.