Ferguson resigns from Clyde

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I could see the club going for this cheap option and as much as I think Murty is way out his depth he's just doing whats asked of him and he's doing his best in a bad situation. His best is no where good enough and unfortunately he's being hung out to dry and I feel sorry for him.

This whole thing has been a shambles. What I didn't get last night though was the Garner substitution with seconds to go. This is a job too far for him, but to have been put in that position in the first place has been odd. Unless we invest in better players things won't improve that much.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He never failed at Clyde he was coaching players on 40 quid a week juniors get more the job of managing these clubs is miles away from what he was used to but it was all about learning and gaining experience he may be exactly what we need and like popcorn teeth did with the scum prove a success he knows what's required to be a ranger and the demands of the clibclub

The Clyde fans are desperate to get rid of him ffs. When he was manager of Blackpool he won 3 out of 20 games he was in charge,Were the Blackpool players on £40 per week.

Ferguson is also the one who put the boot into the club for not spending money, But would no doubt be happy coming to the same club for thousands a week to top up his bank balance.

This is absolute desperation from a board that have lost the plot completely if this is true and nothing more than panic setting in because they themselves don't know how to fix it.

People should take off the blue blinkers and start thinking with their heads rather than going with their hearts.

This is bottom of the barrel stuff.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

This whole thing has been a shambles. What I didn't get last night though was the Garner substitution with seconds to go. This is a job too far for him, but to have been put in that position in the first place has been odd. Unless we invest in better players things won't improve that much.

I've supporter Murty each game and even after the back flip but the Garner sub and also not subbing anyone until holt was really the last time I could give him credit for stepping up. I'll also still support him if he's still there in Wednesday.

I think a good manager could get this team lifted again but the majority will be gone or squad players and yes we still need a lot of first team players in.

1 hour ago, Trooblue said:

Really hope you are right about the Board.  King must be getting desperate though, and he might think a move like this would appease fans.  It would be catastrophic.  One look at Ferguson's managerial/coaching record should be enough to rule him out of any role at Ibrox. 

Season ticket renewal is upon us soon and if Ferguson is the carrot to renew i'm afraid the board are in for a large surprise. 

10 minutes ago, Grundy said:

K.A.I. I just think he'll have much more attractive and lucrative offers to contemplate.  Unless the board come up with  enough money to take us back to the top, and European football in a relatively short time, say 2 seasons, I just can't see the job being attractive enough for someone like De boer. Hope I,m wrong and he does fancy the challenge.

That's all I ever hear and its no dig at you mate but this lucrative offer carry on from who? FDB himself , his agent and bro have said he'll make a decision on his next move march April time..

so unless something is about to happen that we know nothing about I'd say we've got a chance of getting him.

Ferguson is not going to be the next Rangers manager ffs. Whoever the board choose it won't be him. MW was a gamble as a manager but did have some good recommendations. Ferguson is never a manager as his attempts have shown.

Too many folk getting in a tizz and making 2+2=5 with every Internet rumour that rears it's head.  

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I don't mate. Just hoping if I say that enough that it will turn out to be the case...

Tbh mate I'm 99% sure it'll be Mcleish and Ferguson until June. I've only ever once said that I knew something before it happened and that was signing O'halloran. I'm sticking my 100% record on the line. ?

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Tbh mate I'm 99% sure it'll be Mcleish and Ferguson until June. I've only ever once said that I knew something before it happened and that was signing O'halloran. I'm sticking my 100% record on the line. ?

Tell you what though, if Ferguson comes in we can forget about Halliday getting dropped any time soon.

Any time Ferguson has mentioned him in interviews he's been practically sucking him off :lol: