Kris Boyd - There's something not quite right about Caxihina's appointment

K.A.I

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to note Walter Smiths suggestion of McInnes yesterday in response to the news that Pedro C might be offered the job. Clearly Walter Smith is of a similar view to Boyd but is arguing from a different perspective by highlighting why McInnes would be a good candidate rather than arguing negatively against Pedro C.

I completely get where Boyd is coming from. The goalposts have moved - the plan was to get DOF in, interim manager until the end of the season with the view of putting a manager in for next season. It seems a bit rushed to me and the finances are strange as well

Going by the guy's track record he'll only be here for 18 months - the same time Warburton tends to last at a club.

It looks we're going to keep gambling with guys like this in the hope we strike it lucky with one, meanwhile the tarriers will just keep on doing what they're doing.

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Body's spot on ,that clown King is a total idiot, he's insisted on a DOF none of the other directors want one

this appointment is laughable ,there's something not right ,who in their right mind would take him out of all

the candidates?, the last thing we need is another experimental manager.

This x1000

There is something out of kilter. However, that's probably because I have no facts whatsoever and no real understanding of the process the board is going through. The press announce a name which they get from God knows where and then when there's no announcement they say he's stalling or there's some other problem. I get a really strong feeling that the press have no real clue who the contenders are but have to speculate to sell papers. If they don't know, that increases my faith in this board because it shows they can do their business quietly. I'm sure any DoF and manager we want has a decision to make and that means we have to wait until they've made it and if it's a no, we have to wait for the next one and that's that.

45 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

It is interesting to note Walter Smiths suggestion of McInnes yesterday in response to the news that Pedro C might be offered the job. Clearly Walter Smith is of a similar view to Boyd but is arguing from a different perspective by highlighting why McInnes would be a good candidate rather than arguing negatively against Pedro C.

He didn't actually suggest him though did he? I heard McCann suggested it and he almost agreed but not quite. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Body's spot on ,that clown King is a total idiot, he's insisted on a DOF none of the other directors want one

this appointment is laughable ,there's something not right ,who in their right mind would take him out of all

the candidates?, the last thing we need is another experimental manager.

Agree with Boyd also. We simply can't afford the sort of size of fuck up that an unproved foreigner could be.

These guys like Le Guen and even Warburton can leave you with a squad that is useless in your own league. With a proven Scottish coach we at least will be left with something to keep building with if they don't succeed.

Experiments and fancy philosophies are ok when you can afford to buy suitable players or pay to fix any blunders. No manager is risk free but this guy is a much bigger risk than one of our own. 

At the end of the day it's only one blokes opinion. He knows no more than the rest of us re the DOF appointment or who/why recommended Caixinha. It might be seen as a gamble but then again there's no guarantees a big spending well known manager would be successful either. Fingers crossed we get it right.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Here we go I was looking at my watch for you to say "you weren't involved in the process so how do you know" you always say something like that to me in an attempt at putting up a brick wall if you think the debates running away from you.

you don't need to be involved in the process to have an opinion - the proof is in the pudding - Tommy Wright would imo do a better job, McLeish would do a better job, McInnes would do a better job, Gary Rowett will do a better job ... Wright whored himself for the job last week, McLeish said live on TV he'd do it, McInnes is a Rangers man and commented on the size of club and draw, Rowett travelled to be interviewed oh and Pardew too threw his hat in ...so all that said do you still believe Robertson when he said it would be the best candidate available? Or am I still talking shite because I wasn't involved in the process? On that basis just close the forum down as no one can debate anything 

you wrongly spouted there that I've no provided alternatives - I have and have just done so there again 

and yes I will be the first one to say I told you so and I've started enjoying it because I remeber these snide comments to me when someone can handle the truth. Oh sorry what I perceive to be the truth - to keep myself right.

I think we have to realise where we are and I'm sure we'd all want a higher calibre of manager but that's not really going to happen any time soon . 

I actually share some of Boyd's , and your , fears . It is a gamble taking on someone whom I'm sure has next to no knowledge of the Scottish game . But what are the alternatives . I don't agree with you about the others doing a better job , or probably more importantly , of overtaking Brenda and the beggars , I just don't see any of them managing that . Like I say it is a gamble but , my opinion , we really don't have a choice .

Just a couple of points , and hoping to be positive here , but going by all accounts , this could be RW 's preferred choice which means just because many of us hadn't heard of him until recently , he must be known in football circles and could surprise us all . And secondly , I don't think we should let the PLG era put us off . He had to put up with a revolt by players who thought they were more important than they were , something no new manager would , or should , have to face. 

In a way I am looking forward to it , if it does go ahead . Maybe because of the unknown factor as opposed to getting more of the same should one of the others get it .

Aye ok Kris, you want Billy Davies as Manager, Kenny Miller to get a new contract and Ally signed right good Rangers men like yourself.

The only thing that doesn't smell right is the end of your beak that's hanging out of your auld pals arses.

Much of the argument against Caixinha seems to revolve around his lack of knowledge of the Scottish game. Billy Davies last worked in Scottish football in 2001. Alex McLeish 2007. Rowett and Pardew have never spent a minute in Scottish football but somehow are better candidates. The only two who have any experience of Scottish football in the last decade (and Scottish football has changed massively in the last decade) are Tommy Wright and Derek McInnes.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Your being harsh on him I think - I think he talks a lot of sense in the papers and on TV - quite blunt at times too and not toeing the super fan line either.

you're entitled to your opinion but I don't see how you can be all that serious if you think that articles pish but have a picture of Hugh Keevin's as your avatar on your hero Dedpewl

You're giving Kris too much credit, this article will be written by someone else on the basis of "What do you think of that Portuguese guy?" "I don't get it" "Thanks Kris" 

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

But other than a decent spell in Mexico his CV doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement.

Half the teams on there I can’t even pronounce! He will be used to working with technical players — but there’s not enough of them at Ibrox.

So working in coaching roles at big and historical clubs like Sporting Lisbon, Panathinaikos and Steaua Bucharest is not as good as working at the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone or Motherwell? If he is saying that then he must be joking! Another part of the article I didn't agree with him on is when he said we had a foreign manager PLG and it did not work out so basically we should never have another foreign manager again is very short-sighted, just because one foreign manager did not work does not mean another wont work especially one that has experience of coaching in many different countries and not just one. 

4 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Going by the guy's track record he'll only be here for 18 months - the same time Warburton tends to last at a club.

It looks we're going to keep gambling with guys like this in the hope we strike it lucky with one, meanwhile the tarriers will just keep on doing what they're doing.

Eventually we'll get one who realises how fuckin easy it is to manage in the pile of shite that is Scottish football, but something tells me there will be a lot of hurt and pain before that dream is realised !

image.gif