Info about Caixinha

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first heard he was in the running I wasn't optimistic as the guy has no experience of Scottish football and an unknown quantity but I'm starting to think this could work out. I'm hearing positive stuff about him and what's the alternative Rowett, Davies or McInness.Ā 

".............Caixinha isnā€™t afraid to speak his mind........."

So when King and the Board get round to asking him for some improvement its light the blue touch paper time.Ā Ā Ā Ā  And as we've seen recently there's only one winner there.

Question is though, how long before the blue touch paper gets lit and the verbal fireworks begin.Ā Ā Ā  I hope, I really do hope, he has a very clear cast iron understanding and undertaking from King about how much money he will be able to spend in the transfer market, and when.Ā Ā Ā  If there is any fuzziness in that understanding, and whateverĀ funds they talked about in the interview process do not appear then any objectives they agreed on might run straight into trouble from Summer onwards.Ā Ā  Almost regardless of whoever is appointed as manager there are 2 key things that go with it.Ā  One is the adequacy of the transfer budget to get the job done properly.Ā  The other is the objectives the manager will have agreed in taking the appointment.Ā Ā  For instance, are we to have more of the vague 'highly competitive' nonsense and 2nd best will do stuff.Ā  Or is King appointing a manager to win a title within 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, denya said:

Why is so many people saying he is a PLG? Just because he is foreign does not mean he will be exactly like PLG. Walter Smith and Graeme Souness etc were not just the same as McCoist/Warburton because they are British too.Ā 

The comparisons between this guy and PLG are hilarious ?

If he brings a pragmatic style maybe it's not a bad thing after us being so soft centred for the past couple of seasons.Ā 

I admit I was one who got pissed of at times with Walter but I won't be unhappy to see a Rangers team again that doesn't give away Ā cheap goals like sweeties in a lucky bag.

Or maybe I'm just scrambling about trying to findĀ something positive to sayĀ :lol:

2 hours ago, Misteral said:

If he's our next manager. he's definitely a risk and one that hopefullyĀ turns out to be one worth taking. The interview is encouraging though.Ā 

I remember back in the day laughing at Dr Jo Venglos and saying who the F is this guy?Ā 

Ā 

Hopefully he will be the same as the manager that followed that guyĀ 

1 hour ago, EatDolphins said:

Just heard he's not being allowed to leave Qatar.

Sky sports reported an hour ago he's waiting to get confirmation he'll be allowed to leave

Ā 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10793894/pedro-caixinha-set-to-become-new-rangers-boss-after-qatar-go-ahead