Barrie McKay supposedly rejects contract extension

Marky.

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

PC is hoping he can do the same as you have posted Bud .... and has said so publicly as Lloyd72's post confirms ... for me also he is a talented player, who .... with more consistent players around him could reach the consistency we all hope for ... one man doesn't make a team and all that .... :p:

Time and again in games I feel that too much responsibility is laid on BM's shoulders to perform ... as seen by the opposition when they double or treble up on him to put him out the game .... and this lets others off with under performing.

Too many in our support pick him out as a fall guy or scapegoat  for discrepancies within the whole team ... I hope PC has the wherewithal in his locker to bring him on and up to the next level.

Oh! and fuck all players' agents .... they pick up the cheque without the flack .... leaving the press with juicy headlines to fuck the players over the head with.

Wee Barrie has already stated he wants to stay .... I hope he does.

:UK:

Yes I listened to the presser and was glad with what PC said.

Barrie, as Pedro said, needs to improve in certain parts of his play and I believe he can and will do that. :thumbup:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

He's worth more than that, even with 12 months remaining, he might well decide to sign another contract as well. I reckon we're looking at over a million anyway, teams pay ridiculous money for potential now a days 

"Teams pay ridiculous money for potential now a days"    That comment is very true, but not for McKay, he has added nothing to his game over this last 2 seasons, he's to lightweight, somebody blows on him, he falls over.

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Oh well. Best of luck in your future failures, Barry ? Seriously, where else can he go? 

League 1 down south for a couple of seasons and then he'll be back up here with someone like Hearts.

Anyone that actually believes this boy is actually going to make it at a decent level is delusional.

In my opinion Barrie and Jason Holt would benefit from playing with better players. 

I'd like to see others move on before Barrie as he is not the worst that we have.

Wouldn't be gutted if he left for a fee and a sell on clause.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

Great first touch for a Scottish footballer, it's what comes after the first touch that needs worked on.

I've got a cracking first touch as well but much like Barrie I'm also shite at just about everything else.

He's very fortunate to have even made it as a pro.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

League 1 down south for a couple of seasons and then he'll be back up here with someone like Hearts.

Anyone that actually believes this boy is actually going to make it at a decent level is delusional.

:lol: Nonsense.

I get the frustrations about McKay from people who realise just how much natural talent and technique but doesn't always perform. He is far and away our most talented and most creative player. You can't judge him on assists because of how poor our strikers are, fairer to judge him on shot assists, where he has the 4th highest in Britain per 90 minutes (Only behind Hoolahan, Coutinho and Sanchez).

There is undoubtedly parts of his game that needs worked on and Pedro mentioned that today. Hopefully he is able to improve him further, We'd be mad to let go of him for next to fuck all.

10 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I get the frustrations about McKay from people who realise just how much natural talent and technique but doesn't always perform. He is far and away our most talented and most creative player. You can't judge him on assists because of how poor our strikers are, fairer to judge him on shot assists, where he has the 4th highest in Britain per 90 minutes (Only behind Hoolahan, Coutinho and Sanchez).

There is undoubtedly parts of his game that needs worked on and Pedro mentioned that today. Hopefully he is able to improve him further, We'd be mad to let go of him for next to fuck all.

Tbf, it works both ways, is it any fairer to compare his shot assists given the standard of opposition he has?

His choice of final ball is definitely an issue, just because someone gets a shot off doesn't mean it's a good opportunity or more importantly, the best opportunity it could be with the options in front of him.

Incredibly frustrating player, i would have hoped his decision making and final ball would be much more effective with the game time he's had, but his performances are all over the place

I still maintain the boy is not an out and out winger .... and his final ball into the box leaves a lot to be desired granted ... as it is hit and miss invariably.

So I think his best position is centre attacking midfield ... where his creativity and passing ability would be best appreciated and of more reward to us ... plus he can have a dig himself as he has proven he can score.

:UK:

In the modern age you can't make players sign contracts, if he stays he stays if goes thanks son .

No point in slagging the guy he's out for himself and family first and foremost.

No matter how big a bear as a laddie you would think twice about it.

An old cunt like me would do it for nothing but if they are throwing mountains of cash at you ?

What do you do ?

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've got a cracking first touch as well but much like Barrie I'm also shite at just about everything else.

Don't talk shite :lol:

3 hours ago, PRW. said:

Stats like that are ridiculous tbh. You need to consider who he's playing against before you throw his name on a list with Sanchez and Coutinho :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
8 hours ago, DaleFo8 said:

Barrie was in top 5 shot assists in Britain only a month or so ago. He creates plenty, if we could finish people would rave about him. 

Don't bring stats into this you're ruining people delusion that Barry is shite and creates nothing ffs.

9 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's our best player by some distance when he wants to be.There's been a lot of games this season where the only way we look like scoring is if he gets the ball and does something. I agree he has to be more consistent but what player this season hasn't went through bad spells?

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

He's our best player by some distance when he wants to be. There's been a lot of games this season where the only way we look like scoring is if he gets the ball and does something. I agree he has to be more consistent but what player this season hasn't went through bad spells?

That right there is the biggest problem with him. He's a lazy bastard and he gets a free pass with some of our support because "all wingers are inconsistent" 

8 hours ago, DaleFo8 said:

Barrie was in top 5 shot assists in Britain only a month or so ago. He creates plenty, if we could finish people would rave about him. 

Shot assists is now a stat? It's almost like raking through everything trying to find something he's good at. Maybe he's one of the best in the country at shot assists assists.

What I took from that video is that against very ordinary teams he averages about two decent final balls a match. Some of his play can be fantastic, but that level of decent balls in just isn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That right there is the biggest problem with him. He's a lazy bastard and he gets a free pass with some of our support because "all wingers are inconsistent" 

I agree that is his biggest problem and he has to change that. I'm not sure I'd call him lazy though, I've lost count the number of times he's running back to fill in at left back for Wallace.

The majority of this season we've been playing shite in games and relying on him to do something on his own, hopefully in a team that plays well more often than not he'll improve.