Barrie McKay supposedly rejects contract extension

Marky.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

Maybe he held off talks because we were going through a management change? Makes sense to hold the talks off till the end of the season I've no idea why he's getting so much stick for it.

He's a prospect but he doesn't have the consistency to make a real impact on a season. Perhaps he'd be better in a central attacking midfield role behind the strikers but he shies away from a good challenge, which you can attribute to his weight but Hyndman is lighter, younger, has more fight about him and a better eye for goal. I'd definitely do a swap and a small fee for Hyndman if it was an option.

7 hours ago, minus22 said:

True or not he is far too inconsistent.  I wouldn't be sorry to see him go to be honest, he doesn't have the mettle to play for us.  3 goals and 3 assists all season is deplorable.  He can have the odd good game of course but if we can get a decent fee i think he should be moved on while we can still make some money on him

An assist leads to a goal, but what about all the times he has set up plyaers only for them to fuck it up. If Messi played for us his " assists" would be depolarable, too.

He had the best first touch and vision of anyone at the club bar Niko. He doesn't have the directness and aggression I'd like to see and I'm not sure he's Pedro's type. Hopefully he signs on to protect the value of our asset at the very least. The time to sell is when his stock is high not just now 

Meh, no idea what terms were offered or what he wanted, tbh if he's holding out for big wages then good on the club for not being held to ransom. He's average, good some days and awful the next, will easily be replaced with another inconsistent winger with no final product...

Hard to tell what we're getting with McKay one week to the next.  Every deal or just about every deal there's a lot of back n forth between player/agent and club,  when the guy is on his game no one can touch him in Scotland and he can really put on a performance.

however he's not aggressive enough most of the time and I don't think he has the character or confidence to do it week in and out. He plays as though he's going through the motions then all of a sudden he beats 2-3 men and then fades away again.  He's worth another few year yet though to see how he matures

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I know I am in the minority, but I still think Barrie can be a really good player for us. I am hoping that Pedro can install a but more determination and fight into his play and also make him more consistent. 

:tu:

PC is hoping he can do the same as you have posted Bud .... and has said so publicly as Lloyd72's post confirms ... for me also he is a talented player, who .... with more consistent players around him could reach the consistency we all hope for ... one man doesn't make a team and all that .... :p:

Time and again in games I feel that too much responsibility is laid on BM's shoulders to perform ... as seen by the opposition when they double or treble up on him to put him out the game .... and this lets others off with under performing.

Too many in our support pick him out as a fall guy or scapegoat  for discrepancies within the whole team ... I hope PC has the wherewithal in his locker to bring him on and up to the next level.

Oh! and fuck all players' agents .... they pick up the cheque without the flack .... leaving the press with juicy headlines to fuck the players over the head with.

Wee Barrie has already stated he wants to stay .... I hope he does.

:UK:

11 hours ago, minus22 said:

True or not he is far too inconsistent.  I wouldn't be sorry to see him go to be honest, he doesn't have the mettle to play for us.  3 goals and 3 assists all season is deplorable.  He can have the odd good game of course but if we can get a decent fee i think he should be moved on while we can still make some money on him

This all day long.