Barrie McKay supposedly rejects contract extension

Marky.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Sell him, buy Jamie Walker. Happy days. 

That would be a step the right way, having JJ on the staff with his recent involvement in youth football he will know every single player around that Pedro won't have a clue about.

He's not a Davie Cooper, he's not a Mark Walters, he's not even close to Pieter Huistra imo. Flashes of brilliance but more often than not bang average or missing. Love it when a player comes through the ranks into the team but would sell to the highest bidder.

9 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

McKay rejected nothing. His agent trying to get the best deal. Unbelievable how quickly our fans can turn on one of our own players.

Look at it from out point of view, does his performances over last year merit a new deal n wage rise?

Just because he's one of us?

Wait, let's give Halliday more money too then.

You earn deals n in my opinion McKay was great in division 1 n struggled badly on premier league.

When he extended his contract for just one year, the writing was on the wall.

It was very doubtful he'd be with Rangers after that year was up (end of next season).

----------------

Question for this summer is....... will he stay or will he go ?

If a decent offer was to come in I'd accept it because I doubt we'd see the best of him in his last year.

20 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

McKay rejected nothing. His agent trying to get the best deal. Unbelievable how quickly our fans can turn on one of our own players.

100% right mate. Standard practice when getting a new contract. Players only sign 3 or 4 during their career so they want to be happy with it. Here"s a thought. Why isn"t he playing right wing where a right footed players crosses might be more effective? 90% of his left footed crosses find nobody. Vladimir Weiss played right wing on his debut at Fester Road and was electrifying. Then we play him left wing rest of his time at Ibrox. Frustrating!

25 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Look at it from out point of view, does his performances over last year merit a new deal n wage rise?

Just because he's one of us?

Wait, let's give Halliday more money too then.

You earn deals n in my opinion McKay was great in division 1 n struggled badly on premier league.

The manager obviously wants to keep him or we want to protect an asset. He's got a year left, any value he has will start to decline. If he has a purple patch and goes for pennies, we all know what will happen then.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

He's worth more than that, even with 12 months remaining, he might well decide to sign another contract as well. I reckon we're looking at over a million anyway, teams pay ridiculous money for potential now a days 

not in the last year of his contract he isn't. If he was tied up on a 4 year deal then I would look for somewhere between 1 to 1.5 million for him.

1 good game in ever 4/5 games. 

He's lucky we are even considering offering him an extension. IF he is rejecting it then punt him ASAP.

Best case scenario we offer him good terms he signs and we punt him for decent money next season.