***** The Official Rangers V Tarriers Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's faster and more mobile which is worse imo, Dembele is vastly overrated

He's a wee bigotted fenien ugly bastard who bottles it when someone gets close and kicks his arse. A real CB would hit him hard early doors and let him know he's in for a fuckin game. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

He's a wee bigotted fenien ugly bastard who bottles it when someone gets close and kicks his arse. A real CB would hit him hard early doors and let him know he's in for a fuckin game. 

True, but he's better than Dembele imo 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is there a minutes silence planned for Ugo?

Would hope so. 

Still can't believe there was so little rection to the ref's ridiculous (unauthorised ?) decision to forego it last week. 

Surely if there was a doubt in his head about safety or anything he should have consulted the police rep at the game ?

I felt subdued going into last weeks game because I felt we were playing shite. Think because I grew up taking wins against this shower for granted that it's natural for me to go into these games expecting a win. I thought we would struggle last week and I think we will at times today.

I think they will look to try and control the game again and half of it seems to be about confidence because last week they managed without being very good. The bastards did something similar in the league cup game. 

They seem to try and man-mark us to a few yards each player all over the pitch. I think it puts us off because of nerves but we have been threatening to break out and play some good stuff against this lot during games this season.

I think our situation meant we gave them too much respect at times because they are not that good. I think getting right in their faces and being more direct will cause them problems all through this game.

We will see a reaction today and I think that will mean less possession for them and a scrappy game but with us being more dangerous throughout the game.

I think it will probably end up a draw because of our shit record of taking chances but I don't think we will lose this.

The only way that will happen is if our lot bottle it from the pressure and imagining Celtic are good. They are not very good and it just goes to show that any dog can do well if set up right. They have some good poachers but it's really only an average side they have. Not a serious one despite all this invincibles nonsense.

O'neills team was far better and McLeish done them over while selling players.  The press and shit teams make it easy to make out they are really good but the truth is that they are not really up to much. They sit in their positions and are functional but nothing else.

Pedro was probably right to try and counter attack them as the old rope a dope would probably work as they like to think they are the team to beat in Scotland.

I would be happy to see us let them think they were all over us at times again and spring a wee trap but we need to be much better and ambitious on the ball because the truth is that they are not very good and even we can outplay them for large spells of the game like last year and this year under Murty.

My only fear for today is the players let nerves get the better of them in front of goal. That, Barton, injuries, and Warburton not ditching ideals at times is the reason why we did not have a challenge this season. It's not that Celtic are as good as made out. They have been really clinical when I've seen them because they don't actually create that much either. It's all mad efforts from long range or set pieces against good sides. This league flatters them.

Some good players will make things different next season. They seem to think they are some team. That does make me laugh.

Met a guy tonight who knows the Goalie and it brought back memories of our team as I was growing up. That side really struggled at times despite being the best in Britain but they would easily set about this lot.

I think this Brendan character is just an average manager too and is being made to look good up here because they have not been the victims of some sort of national vendetta like us. It's basically man mark and have a wee go if you get the ball tactics. It's nothing special.

I think the media up there overcompensate with this guy because O'neills team were so thuggish. But they are not playing fancy football. It's really all simple stuff then a ball over the shoulder most of the time. Nothing great about them at all. I am telling you that this emperor has little clothes.

Sorry for this long winded dribble but I'm in my scratcher trying to suss the game out like the rest of us and it's made me feel better about the whole lot of this. This mob are nothing. So I think at home and with a reaction to all the criticism that we will not lose this one. I just really want to see us play better but I'm not sure it will happen in this game because of the nerves and stuff. Our intensity and directness should unnerve them at times though today.

I think this Brendan character is over rated. He's only really made them more competent and a decent counter puncher. It's why teams don't over commit against them like Warburton did at times. But most Rangers managers have been capable of that even when getting rid of our best players. So I don't think this lot are beyond us right now never mind next season. We need more over a season but this lot are really overrated. If we never had such powder puff strikers I'd fancy us for the win.

The players need to turn up today and I expect they will. That's what we need more than a result because I think this manager won't let us drop our performance as easily as Warburton. I just think he will go nuts at players and make or break the cunts. Hopefully anyway as that's what we're going to need to do. Find characters and turn them into regular winners up here. 

1-1 or 2-1

43 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I've played against his brother. He makes Leigh look like an angel.

15 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

I'm the same, usually the week before we play them it's all I think about but this time the way I feel it could be Motherwell or Ross county at home were playing. Carry out and gear on the bus and some culture should sort me out though hopefully.

yep me as well £5 a draw 12/5

and klitsko rounds 1-3 over of the new frank bruno fiver at 16s lets hope they both romp home

17 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

We will see a reaction today and I think that will mean less possession for them and a scrappy game but with us being more dangerous throughout the Pedro was probably right to try and counter attack them as the old rope a dope would probably work as they like to think they are the team to beat in Scotland.

Eh? They are the team to beat in Scotland, that's a fact.

Just now, Rosebery1872 said:

yep me as well £5 a draw 12/5

and klitsko rounds 1-3 over of the new frank bruno fiver at 16s lets hope they both romp home

pissed as fuck who said draw same hare fuck me its a shite time when u gotta get wankered before playin  that filth

Off to the match in half an hour or so. Not positive just now. Can't see anything better than a draw. 

Will be more positive when I get there though. Would love us to send that bunch a wee message today.