Has the manager already lost the dressing room?

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

People have likened it to the le Guen situation, but it's totally different - le Guen had big players with character, ability and fans backing, these wasters have nothing.

There's not a single player I'd even entertain backing over the manager. 

Full scale clear out of average players required. A few could flourish with better quality around them, but only a handful IMO. 

No he did not, he signed the likes of Svenson, yes he had decent players but Murray was not interested in spending on us and it was Walter who got the funds when he came back to sort our the mess.

When Advocatt left David Murray was already wanting out  as we got Mcleish who wasn't given next to nothing. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Copland bear said:

No he did not, he signed the likes of Svenson, yes he had decent players but Murray was not interested in spending in us and it was Walter who got the funds when he came back to sort our the mess.

When Advocatt left David Murray was already wanting out  

He had Ferguson, Boyd and Ricksen in his squad - they are all huge characters. 

My point wasn't really about how it went or the merits of le Guen, more that if Pedro's lost players in the dressing room then to a degree it doesn't matter as they are needing bumped out anyway. 

16 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Are you suggesting he was forced to? By whom?

By whom? Because that all he could afford, If you have £2 for your dinner your not having steak  unless you steal it. It the old saying you get what you pay for.

Who was the last player we paid £2m for ? Yep £2m fuck all in today's market ?

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

My point wasn't really about how it went or the merits of le Guen, more that if Pedro's lost players in the dressing room then to a degree it doesn't matter as they are needing bumped out anyway. 

He also had McGregor, Hutton, Smith & Adam ready to step up to the first team on a regular basis.

Problem is going to be that many of them have contracts running up to 2020.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don't think he lost the dressing room I fear he is not good enough, We have been found wanting big time , I fear the worst under him and have now lost all faith I had in this board as they have shafted us 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

I don't think he lost the dressing room I fear he is not good enough, We have been found wanting big time , I fear the worst under him and have now lost all faith I had in this board as they have shafted us 

Agree re-the board.

Still think it's too early to judge PC.

Nikica Jelavic was the last £2 million plus player signed (August 2010)

you could get a  management team together of Diego simone, pepe guardiola and conte in but i doubt they could even improve this shower of shit,

The problem is the recruitment by that little cunt Mcparland and the bald prick has been an absolute  cluster fuck that could set us back years with  the length of contracts these jokers have been given.

just reading on the Forest forums that is hasn't taken them long too suss out that the egg head out hasn't got a fuckin clue

Don't think he's lost the dressing room, the players in there are just not good enough.  The manager must be allowed a chance to have his own team but the real questions are,  how much will he get to spend and who will take some of the players we want rid of?

5 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

It's a tough situation we haven't experienced before; season tickets fund the players, so by deciding not to buy makes it more difficult. We have to trust that the people in charge of the club are doing their best to succeed. In our case it's tough because Celtic have had years without serious competition. Things will change again, they always do. Just not as fast as we want. 

It's a very difficult situation, made all the more so when, it seems like, almost every decision or statement made by the people in charge chips away at the trust you mention. 

And, as we're funding the players, who from this year's recruitment has actually worked out? Hill, perhaps, but even he was part of one of our worst results ever.

Hard to trust after seeing how this lot have turned out.

Not sure on the Manager but nobody could get much out of this lot. It appears from the outside he has worked them harder since he arrived and they do not like it. This along with their "short" Holidays because of Europe appears to have pissed a lot of them off. I hope he gets rid of as many as possible but his signings need all to work. Regards his ability well only time will tell. The one thing I will say is he is willing to try to change things if they are not working unlike the previous manager. 

22 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

We can all see that these imposters are an embarrassment to this club, so IMO he shouldn't be judged on their shortcomings.

This!!!

Doesn't matter what manager on this planet we had got, you can't make they fucking clowns play consistently decent football.

Now I seriously don't think it's Pedro who's lost the dressing room - I'd say it's a case of the players know they're nowhere near good enough for Rangers and they've basically given up even trying to fight for their place, because they know they're getting papped durimg the summer.

Hopeless fucks the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The dressing room, the plot, my support, my faith. He's lost everything. He's effectively finished before he's even begun. I've already seen enough. 

Always easy to blame the manager, eh? He's the guy left to try and deal with Warburtons mess until the transfer window.

My boys team when playing u15s lost 9-0 to a good side, the next week they played against the same team and lost 3-2. Still a defeat, but a marked improvement, and that was kids with one training hour in midweek.

The players in Rangers shirts yesterday had a week of training and were professionals, yet they got worse.  Tactics, formation and players attitudes all wrong in my opinion.

Agreed these players are not good enough its basically Warbutons team to get us out the First division however Murty took them to parkhead and got a draw. When Walter Smith said he had doubts about the new man it set off alarm bells, Walter knows better than you or i. 

After last week PC had his chance to make amends, seeing his picture  with Waghorn in Fridays paper was scary. One thing he must have learned is Waghorn is worse than a man short and under no circumstances should he start. 

Yesterday was proof we must now or at the end of the season cut our losses on this one. 

2 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Murty took them to parkhead and got a draw.

By the odds of probability any team out of the two who is the worse side will manage to get a win or draw if they play them enough times, which in this case has been 5 this season.

The player's are pish regardless of the manager. Do you think whatever formation or tactics we use, it's going to magically make below average players talented and capable?

Bottom line is these players have given up even trying. They know the season is nearly over and they know that there is a 99.9% chance they're getting papped out the door this summer. They all know they are nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

Ship them all back down to England and let them play for a diddy league 1 team, where they belong.

2 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Agreed these players are not good enough its basically Warbutons team to get us out the First division however Murty took them to parkhead and got a draw. When Walter Smith said he had doubts about the new man it set off alarm bells, Walter knows better than you or i. 

After last week PC had his chance to make amends, seeing his picture  with Waghorn in Fridays paper was scary. One thing he must have learned is Waghorn is worse than a man short and under no circumstances should he start. 

Yesterday was proof we must now or at the end of the season cut our losses on this one. 

I doubt you can use the piggary result as an accurate measure as even mediocrity can rise to the occasion, however infrequently. I can only say that the scum were also not up for it that day either. Going down that route will most certainly lead to disaster. 

As for Walter, even Ally laid bare their key to success yesterday on the box and that was money. 20 mil when they took over from Le Guen. Walter is the proverbial cheque book manager who can bring success with it.

It would have made little difference who we started with or what formation we played yesterday, we were getting shredded, because that is how bad we are and whilst not world beaters, they are light years ahead of us and if you can't see that you are blind. But for some poor finishing by them, it should have been by double figures. Fuck we could have put on additional players and still got trashed. That is the reality.

We do not know the capabilities of the manager. He is an unknown quantity and even with Jose at the helm yesteday with this group of players, we would still have been trashed.

4 hours ago, jcb said:

Agree re-the board.

Still think it's too early to judge PC.

Nikica Jelavic was the last £2 million plus player signed (August 2010)

Too early to judge PC? that's the worst performance against them at Ibrox ever, who is he again ? And why did the board bring him here ?   He has done nothing in football as a manager and after Sunday 2-0 going on 7 drubbing and yesterday's performance I have seen all I need to see.

Why did the board give him a year contract instead of a rolling contract?   We are now going backwards and from the board to the manager to the players they are all responsible. 

This is far worse than under Warburton 

1 hour ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Always easy to blame the manager, eh? He's the guy left to try and deal with Warburtons mess until the transfer window.

Warburton got next to her haw to spend and Pedro will get not much more to keep us fighting for second while the mhanky skelping us like yesterday on a regular routine. 

I never shout for the managers head, but who is Pedro as he has done nothing in football management yet King and co expect us all to sit back and watch years wasted in this manager.   

We have 4 years to stop 10 and if Pedro stays then they will reach their target.

I blame the board for not backing the last manager last year when we were promoted to improve the squad and I also blame the board on the new appointment as manager when he has done nothing in the game. 

We are not an experiment and real cash needs spent and a manager with pedigree also , but those cost money and Mr King does not want to spend.

It pains me to say all this but 1-5 against them at Ibrox is a sacking offence 

6 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Far easier deluding oneself into believing we have appointed the next Jose Mourinho. Pedro hasn't done himself any favours whatsoever. It's been horrendous so far. 

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Too early to judge PC? that's the worst performance against them at Ibrox ever, who is he again ? And why did the board bring him here ?   He has done nothing in football as a manager and after Sunday 2-0 going on 7 drubbing and yesterday's performance I have seen all I need to see.

Why did the board give him a year contract instead of a rolling contract?   We are now going backwards and from the board to the manager to the players they are all responsible. 

This is far worse than under Warburton 

I understand why you think the way you do but i'll wait and see who arrives and departs before making a judgement.

He's on a three year deal not one btw.