• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sandro420 said:

whats a boycott going to do

force King to sell ?

who exactly is queuing up to buy us ?

The problem is when you force guys to sell up you inevitably attract the worst kind of buyer, guys looking to make a quick buck on the cheap, we're toxic right now, King is a major reason why we're toxic but if the fans boycott to starve the board we also become toxic to guys with genuinely good intentions.

I wouldn't advise people to boycott but I also couldn't blame anyone for doing it either.

Just now, Sandro420 said:

whats a boycott going to do

force King to sell ?

who exactly is queuing up to buy us ?

As I mentioned later in the thread, at present the board will simply sit back and invest the square root of fuck all in the team and rely on the support to tide them over through ST sales.

Time to force their hand. Put King on the spot.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:39 PM, one55 said:

fuck up. i can think of plenty of things that my £510 can be put to better use on than watching this shower of shite and supporting an incompetent board. any cunt who keeps handing money over to king is a fucking mug. 

Are you one of those that fucks off wae 10 minutes to go?  You said call you what we like so here it is..Fair weather supporter. I love Rangers even when we're pure shite and would never blackmail the club....Oh aye and I'll fuck up before ye tell me.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Are you one of those that fucks off wae 10 minutes to go?  You said call you what we like so here it is..Fair weather supporter. I love Rangers even when we're pure shite and would never blackmail the club....Oh aye and I'll fuck up before ye tell me.

Said before, with apologies to Gov. Wallace, boycotting was wrong then, wrong now, wrong forever.

WE as fans, not fanny groups, we need to find a way of letting the current trough guzzlers know that we demand better from our players and from the custodians of our great institution.  Pick a home game and encourage ST holders either not to attend or turn up 20 minutes after kick-off, making a point without damaging the finances.  A kick-off to an almost empty Ibrox would send a message to the board that the fans are the life blood and cannot be taken for granted.  

On 29/04/2017 at 1:39 PM, one55 said:

fuck up. i can think of plenty of things that my £510 can be put to better use on than watching this shower of shite and supporting an incompetent board. any cunt who keeps handing money over to king is a fucking mug. 

My team are currently pish, I hate the current custodians and the whole club is a bit of a fucking shambles at the moment but today I renewed mine and my two daughters, why ? because I love the club, they are a huge part of my life and I can't just walk away from that, I don't really blame people who choose not to because I do understand how they feel, however calling Rangers fans mugs for loyally following their football team is the ramblings of a huffy wee boy in a bad mood, I'm 41 and don't thankfully need to seek assurance from Internet posters on what to do with my money, I'll buy tops if I want, tickets if I want and shop in sports direct if I want because I'm a fucking adult. Stop trying to influence others and if you want to stay away from Ibrox until we are great again then glory hunt away, sick of reading your whingeing pish on here anyway 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye but is it not time to get an adult one yet?

Funnily enough, my ticket paperwork still comes through as Master. :lol: Genuinely.

All the old yins bangin on about the Greig years,  no way were the Greig years worse than this, Greigs team never lost 5-1 to the taigs, that's 2 managers in a row now that have

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

As I mentioned later in the thread, at present the board will simply sit back and invest the square root of fuck all in the team and rely on the support to tide them over through ST sales.

Time to force their hand. Put King on the spot.

How does that work, season ticket receipts aren't even enough to meet our running costs.

The deadline for renewal is 15 May.   I suppose we'll hear more from Robertson, King and whoever else on the Board is to be wheeled out to provide the follow-up messages after 15 May.   I suppose we'll not know the number of renewals soon after 15 May but it should become a bit clearer when public sales open up.   The messaging from Robertson and King will be interesting to hear after 15 May if the view inside the Ibrox Boardroom is that big encouragement is needed to boost ST sales when public sales open up..  Clearly a 'roll up, roll up and buy' sort of encouragement would not be needed, or be much reduced, if the vast bulk of STs are renewed before the 15 May deadline closes.   We'll see soon enough.

One thing though.  ST sales obviously provide the fundamental platform for the Club's operations for next season.  Supplemented of course by whatever commercial revenues are obtained, but I think its STs that provide the bedrock of cash for Club operations.   Keeping Ibrox and Auchenhowie maintained and enhanced for instance.  Paying wages, not just players but all of the Rangers staff.   Paying bills such as taxes, insurances, financial and legal advisers and suppliers etc.  And of course providing a key - maybe the only component - of whatever transfer fund the Manager is able to draw on to improve the quality of players.     All important stuff, and all unavoidably necessary of course.

But for next season, maybe even before the season starts but if not then almost certainly (it seems to me) then during the season the outcome of the court case which SD has brought against Rangers for breach of contract will be decided by the Court.    If Rangers lose the court case then SD would be awarded damages, and costs, and maybe more costs if the claim of breach of fiduciary duty by King and Murray also goes against Rangers.    How much money might have to be forked out to SD if that happens?   I have no idea but since the contract had 7 more years to run it feels like damages could run to £Ms.  Best not to speculate on how much..............

The point is, if this happens the Board will have to pay up.   As far as I know we have no reserves for this sort of thing, and I doubt if it would be covered by insurance, so payment might have to come out of whatever revenues - including ST revenues - are generated this season.   I guess a Board would argue that if it had to pay damages if the court case is lost then its just part of the costs which go towards operating the Club.   But if it goes that way, and the bill is very big, then its not really what I'd personally want a Board to be relying on ST money for.   Next season may not be what many would regard as a 'normal' season for the use of ST money.    Obviously the Board must be convinced it is going to win the SD court case........otherwise why would they defend the claim raised by SD.    But if their confidence is misplaced and they don't.............well it seems to me it might be a fairly big cheque they have to write.  If that happens I hope they have enough in the kitty to afford it. . 

15 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The deadline for renewal is 15 May.   I suppose we'll hear more ifrom Robertson, King and whoever else o n the Board is to be wheeled out to provide the follow-up messages after 15 May.   I suppose we'll not know the number of renewals soon after 15 May but it should become a bit clearer when public sales open up.   The messaging from Robertson and King will be interesting to hear after 15 May if the view inside the Ibrox Boardroom is that big encouragement is needed to boost ST sales when public sales open up..  Clearly a 'roll up, roll up and buy' sort of encouragement would not be needed, or be much reduced, if the vast bulk of STs are renewed before the 15 May deadline closes.   We'll see soon enough.

One thing though.  ST sales obviously provide the fundamental platform for the Club's operations for next season.  Supplemented of course by whatever commercial revenues are obtained, but I think its STs that provide the bedrock of cash for Club operations.   Keeping Ibrox and Auchenhowie maintained and enhanced for instance.  Paying wages, not just players but all of the Rangers staff.   Paying bills such as taxes, insurances, financial and legal advisers and suppliers etc.  And of course providing a key - maybe the only component - of whatever transfer fund the Manager is able to draw on to improve the quality of players.     All important stuff, and all unavoidably necessary of course.

But for next season, maybe even before the season starts but if not then almost certainly (it seems to me) then during the season the outcome of the court case which SD has brought against Rangers for breach of contract will be decided by the Court.    If Rangers lose the court case then SD would be awarded damages, and costs, and maybe more costs if the claim of breach of fiduciary duty by King and Murray also goes against Rangers.    How much money might have to be forked out to SD if that happens?   I have no idea but since the contract had 7 more years to run it feels like damages could run to £Ms.  Best not to speculate on how much..............

The point is, if this happens the Board will have to pay up.   As far as I know we have no reserves for this sort of thing, and I doubt if it would be covered by insurance, so payment might have to come out of whatever revenues - including ST revenues - are generated this season.   I guess a Board would argue that if it had to pay damages if the court case is lost then its just part of the costs which go towards operating the Club.   But if it goes that way, and the bill is very big, then its not really what I'd personally want a Board to be relying on ST money for.   Next season may not be what many would regard as a 'normal' season for the use of ST money.    Obviously the Board must be convinced it is going to win the SD court case........otherwise why would they defend the claim raised by SD.    But if their confidence is misplaced and they don't.............well it seems to me it might be a fairly big cheque they have to write.  If that happens I hope they have enough in the kitty to afford it. . 

All they needed to do IS come clean and ask for say an extra £100 or even £200 on top of the season tickets with the promise IOf a 5 year freeze on price INcrease on those who pay  , giving all extra cash to the manager to build a team, by doing this I would have hoped a shot at the league section IN Europe bringing much needed funds for next season by adding say £5 on every seat at the nome games building the player pot up. This would buy them time to get the mess sorted out thats going on at the moment.

We the fans are the ones who are going to end up getting us out the hole and missing a trick on this years ST just slows up our recovery.

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

All they needed to do IS come clean and ask for say an extra £100 or even £200 on top of the season tickets with the promise IOf a 5 year freeze on price INcrease on those who pay  , giving all extra cash to the manager to build a team, by doing this I would have hoped a shot at the league section IN Europe bringing much needed funds for next season by adding say £5 on every seat at the nome games building the player pot up. This would buy them time to get the mess sorted out thats going on at the moment.

We the fans are the ones who are going to end up getting us out the hole and missing a trick on this years ST just slows up our recovery.

I do like the idea of the Board coming clean.  It chimes with the promises made when they were propelled into power.   Perhaps a voluntary addition to the ST fee by those who could afford it and who were prepared to put their trust in the money being used wisely and properly, with the money being guaranteed to be ring-fenced for player acquisition.   I don't know how many folks might have been prepared to buy into that sort of concept or even if the Board had considered other ways in which to bolster the transfer fee fund.

Where they may be forced to come a bit cleaner might be if the SD court case is lost and the amount of damages awarded against the Club is so big that it can't be absorbed from within the revenues generated this coming season then they may be forced to explain themselves and make a request for additional funds to pay the damages bill.   Can't see King or the other Directors dipping into their pockets to find the money but you never know.   Coming clean on the impact if the SD case is lost is a bridge that I presume the Board would only want to try to cross when the court has made its judgement.    Watch this space as the saying goes.

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I do like the idea of the Board coming clean.  It chimes wiur pridesh the promises made whisn they were propelled into power.   Perhaps a voluntary addition to the ST fee by those who could afford it and who were prepared to put their trust in the money being used wisely and properly, with the money being guaranteed to be ring-fenced for player acquisition.   I don't know how many folks might have been prepared to buy into that sort of concept or even if the Board had considered other ways in which to bolster the transfer fee fund.

Where they may be forced to come a bit cleaner might be if the SD court case is lost and the amount of damages awarded against the Club is so big that it can't be absorbed from within the revenues generated this coming season then they may be forced to explain themselves and make a request for additional funds to pay the damages bill.   Can't see King or the other Directors dipping into their pockets to find the money but you never know.   Coming clean on the impact if the SD case is lost is a bridge that I presume the Board would only want to try to cross when the court has made its judgement.    Watch this space as the saying goes.

Im of the belief that we the fans will be the ones who take the club forward and I dont mean by fan ownership, the club IS like a member of all our families and a family menber needs help at the moment so we should help.

I honestly couldnt care about King MA or any other egoist who are treating us all as naughty wee boys and girls while they play grown up games which only lawyers make money from not our club.

If we all cipped INto a fund and bought decent players and let us compete money will start trickling IN as our profile gets back where IT was. I also couldnt care IF IT meant those fatcats making money off our hard work selling their shares at profit , all I want IS our pride restored and a team competing on all fronts.

anyone who thinks funds from seasons tickets and any mythical cash from King for decent new signings/manager will change Savco FC domination of scottish football should wake the fuck up.

Savco's dominance is clearly a result of the total control of football and everything else in this country by fenians - terrorists and their supporters.

they include a fenian sfa controlled by liewell, a fenian court system that puts Rangers players in jail and Bears in jail for singing songs and fuck all for fenians who attack our players on the pitch, a fenian hmrc who targeted Rangers when dozens of other clubs including the paedos used ebts, a fenian media, fenian controlled police, local fenian government, and fenian snp government.

money, unless it's astronomical, will never make us a force in scottish football again.

to achieve this we must confront the above powers who control our destiny and who are intent on our failure.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

The deadline for renewal is 15 May.   I suppose we'll hear more from Robertson, King and whoever else on the Board is to be wheeled out to provide the follow-up messages after 15 May.   I suppose we'll not know the number of renewals soon after 15 May but it should become a bit clearer when public sales open up.   The messaging from Robertson and King will be interesting to hear after 15 May if the view inside the Ibrox Boardroom is that big encouragement is needed to boost ST sales when public sales open up..  Clearly a 'roll up, roll up and buy' sort of encouragement would not be needed, or be much reduced, if the vast bulk of STs are renewed before the 15 May deadline closes.   We'll see soon enough.

interesting why you only quote the SD court case, especially when the more important HMRC Tribunal and CW court case will change almost everything. 

2 minutes ago, Shawsie said:

interesting why you only quote the SD court case, especially when the more important HMRC Tribunal and CW court case will change almost everything. 

In what way will either of those cases change everything?