Public boycott of season tickets...

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

People should be trying it to see what happens before any boycott or refusing to renew. A major protest with the stated threat of a boycott behind it would be difficult to ignore. It'd also let you know how much support for change there is amongst the support. There are all sorts of protests that could be organised and repeated protests of varied kinds in the next few matches (and if necessary the start of next season) would be difficult to ignore. I mean, what real indication do the Board have that there is substantial unrest amongst the support to this point? Some shouts at the directors box so far. That's not enough before going to DEFCON 1.

I'm guessing none of the unhappy people will bother getting off their arses and protesting before going to more severe action. 

It should be tried before committing to something so damaging as a boycott.

That would possibly work ^^^

I suppose part of my reasoning in going the nuclear option from the off is down to the complete and utter disdain in which King holds towards the support. It's time for him to be put on the spot.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

I accept I was coming at it from wrong angle. Though I do think you quoted me within your post unfairly just to prove a point. - Your quote isn't what I actually said/wrote in the context you used it.

Now the dust has settled my view would be that if either you.

Renew and that's it, no further input in moving us forward - won't change what is wrong in our club.

Don't renew and no further input in moving us forward - won't change what is wrong with our club.

We need to send a message as fans in unison.

I got frustrated at what I saw as apathy - I renewed so it will all be fine, which I still think is miles away from the truth.

The tarrier chat is honking, basically used it as others were using it against me - playground stuff. Again, won't help move club forward.

I don't think I quoted you unfairly as that's what I read you had said and I didn't like it. I get you'd have been angry after yesterday like we all were and maybe you  weren't thinking rationally. It's a tough position we are in as fans as we all want a well run successful club but season tickets are our only revenue and big sales of them may contribute to keeping an incompetent board here. I personally will renew mine but can totally see why others won't until these imposters are gone.

21 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

...until the board put their heads above the parapet and come out and state 10/15+ million will be made available to soley rebuild. It's up to them to find it.

Well King and SoS seemed keen on boycotting until further assurances were given under the previous regime  :happy:

Oh well, you went there!

Can't disagree if I'm honest. We have been the mainstay of funding through these last very turbulent few years. Not that we should be looking for credit, it is who we support after all, but being treated with total and utter contempt and fed the never ending menu of lies and deception is another matter altogether. King must think we are as gullible as he is a crook.

This board suffer badly from that ingrained taig trait of telling the lie often enough, well they maybe just about reap the blowback of that particular trait and not just from us.

They have played poker with our very existence and my erse long enough, so after yesterday and I'm now say no means NO.

Maybe some short term pain for long term gain, but the cancer needs expunged if we are to survive. Another season of this and there won't be many fans, far less king putting us out of business before that.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

That would possibly work ^^^

I suppose part of my reasoning in going the nuclear option from the off is down to the complete and utter disdain in which King holds towards the support. It's time for him to be put on the spot.

Sure, but do it a different way in the first instance. I'm not sure a slow drain on STs over the next few years (because that's what it'll be, it almost certainly won't come across as a single, immediate large scale boycott) will achieve anything any quicker. We've had 5 years of shite now. A few months extra of protests isn't going to make a vast amount of difference in terms of time lost.

6 minutes ago, bornabear said:

After yesterday's result, I don't think you need to call for a boycott.

I believe that kicking yesterday has cost the board of up to 10,000 season tickets.

No chance. STs won't be down 10 000 or anything like it. People will be fuming for a few days then they'll mostly decide to renew/buy. If things don't improve substantially early next season, I think that's when you'll begin to see popular unrest.

28 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It was good enough for DK to advocate a boycott to get the board out. It would be hypocritical of him, or his supporters, to argue against fans using the same tactic for the same purpose.

If you have never supported a boycott then your view is perfectly credible and you shouldn't be criticised. Its also perfectly reasonable not to renew and go on a game by game basis. That sends a message but continues week by week funding to cover running costs.

I am not a King fan in the slightest.

I have never supported a boycott. Few times I never bothered going, or left sharpish under McCoist - but always bought my season ticket. 

7 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Fixed that last bit for you.

It would be a different story if he hadn't spoken about £30 million and 'front loading' then used loans by others to claim he had spent around half of that.

He is the one who raised expectations and the gullible (who are still defending him) swallowed it. He is that much of a Rangers man that he flies in to the country for a few days then flies out the day before a game.

We have been plagued by charlatans and incompetents for years and until every last one of them is chased thereis little hope of returning to the top. 

I'm perfectly realistic that it takes time to rebuild but so much could have been achieved with decent competent people in the boardroom.

TBH, it doesn't matter who he supports. He's a business man wanting to run the club properly so he can make money from it.

Because of Murray, people still have this delusional belief that billionaire's want to throw money at the club to keep the fans happy - they don't, or they already would have.

I get the feeling that we don't know the full extent to which the club was left before King's group showed up.  Ashley got the merchandise, maybe there's a lot more? Maybe that's where a lot of the £30m has to go?

If MW had been given £30m do you really think we'd be in a better situation? We'd just have more expensive flops, and he & his daughter would be profiting from them.

For all the people talking of extra investment, what are the FFP rules? I don't know?

1 hour ago, dougaaley said:

TBH, it doesn't matter who he supports. He's a business man wanting to run the club properly so he can make money from it.

Because of Murray, people still have this delusional belief that billionaire's want to throw money at the club to keep the fans happy - they don't, or they already would have.

I get the feeling that we don't know the full extent to which the club was left before King's group showed up.  Ashley got the merchandise, maybe there's a lot more? Maybe that's where a lot of the £30m has to go?

If MW had been given £30m do you really think we'd be in a better situation? We'd just have more expensive flops, and he & his daughter would be profiting from them.

For all the people talking of extra investment, what are the FFP rules? I don't know?

King would be shouting from the top of the mainstand if things were as bad as you suggest they 'could have been'.

He hasn't spent anywhere near £30 million and is using soft loans to suggest thats part of his £18 million already spent.

I wasn't talking about 1 manager or £30 million all at once. Just an honest, competent board and a 'businessman' that actually wants to run a successful football club. You know the allegations about MWs daughter were utter bullshit don't you? Or are you in the thrall of the mendacious one and his minion (the one annoyed by fact)? 

DK is in it for DK and as for making money from a Scottish football club, you should leave Andy Cameron to the shitey jokes. 

DK and the rest of the Board appear to be an utter shambles. With the reports of Gilligan ranting at disgruntled fans, Paul Murray looking bemused and King nowhere to be seen yesterday I'm not sure it could be called anything but that.

Its patently obvious they have neither the nous or, crucially, the means to move the club forward. They and their minions (Houston, his acolytes and Chris Graham) should be chased just as they chased the last lot. Rangers fans deserve much much better than any if them.

If the season ticket idea of Virtuoso was in place anda proper share issue (unincumbered by 'soft loan' shares) therr would be no FFP issue to deal with. They are perfectly legal transactions.

I just hope that King and Co have more guts than the previous board, i cant handle months and months of hearing "sack the board" being sung and protests and arguments every week and constant uncertainty, hopefully king has the balls to admit hes not up to the job and lets someone else step in without making us a stage show all over

I hate what is happening and I want Pedro gone the end of the season and I backed Warbs up until the final weeks, he certainly is not good enough.  

But I will be renewing my two season books as I am a Rangers fan long before any these imposters came and that includes the board and I give up my team for no cunt and that includes my wife as she would be divorced if she ever told me to stop attending Ibrox.

Some of us have lived through the Greig years so know what misery is all about. What can we do? Apart from finding a sugar daddy then fuck all so we need every penny we can get.  

King needs hounded from Ibrox unless he digs very deep not us 

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I hate what is happening and I want Pedro gone the end of the season and I backed Warbs up until the final weeks, he certainly is not good enough.  

But I will be renewing my two season books as I am a Rangers fan long before any these imposters came and that includes the board and I give up my team for no cunt and that includes my wife as she would be divorced if she ever told me to stop attending Ibrox.

Some of us have lived through the Greig years so know what misery is all about. What can we do? Apart from finding a sugar daddy then fuck all so we need every penny we can get.  

King needs hounded from Ibrox unless he digs very deep not us 

Greigs teams werent battered like todays teams and didnt lie down. I know where you are coming from though.

What we need here is somone like the clubs Global Ambassador to state this isnt good enough and demand action. He can rally the support and maybe even create an account for fans to place their ST funds into. This will be released when the board finance the manager to an extent where he can field a team to challenge the Plastic Paddies.

The problem is, the club needs season ticket money to stay afloat. 

What if the board agree to release £15 million to spend and the club ends up back in the state it was in 2012?

Absolute nonsense!

At least now we have a club to support. This rebuilding job will take years, if not decades. The truth is, some of the older members of my supporters bus might not live to see Rangers in the champions league again.

Its not pessimistic, its realistic.

On 29 April 2017 at 3:44 PM, JamesRFC__ said:

A boycott will achieve fuck all except give King an excuse as to why there is no investment. I get that it's a horrible and an utter shite situation for all of us but cutting off our own heads to show we're sick and tired of this board is not the way to go. We can back the team in numbers AGAIN next season while putting more pressure on the board if no real investment is made over the summer. When times get tough throwing in the towel is literally going to do fuck all except punish ourselves.

Of course it's completely up to an individual fan who's giving over the better part of 600 quid+ of their hard earned money.. it's utterly up to them. However if you think boycotting is going to magically turn our situation around and that we'll all be doing the fucking gay gordon's after winning 55 next year then you're fucking deluded. 

Well at least we wont be arse fucked by a career criminal and left with some dignity. It's the only way to get rid, unless t3b are already looking to move him on and they would be foolish if they are not.

31 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The problem is, the club needs season ticket money to stay afloat. 

What if the board agree to release £15 million to spend and the club ends up back in the state it was in 2012?

Absolute nonsense!

At least now we have a club to support. This rebuilding job will take years, if not decades. The truth is, some of the older members of my supporters bus might not live to see Rangers in the champions league again.

Its not pessimistic, its realistic.

Well get realistic in that if we have another season like this one, there will not be many fans turning up, unless king puts us under before that. The SDI action could put him and us right out of fucking business. 

Then there is the 3 mil funding for transfers, which equals more of the same shite and left challenging the sheep at best.

There is no taking taking years far less decades, as we will be out of business.

9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Yesterday now leave the board in a position where a statement of intent must be made to avoid a drop in STs

Well the statement better include a commitment  to pony up plenty more than the alleged 3 mil, but we all know that just aint going to happen and at best we will get many excuses of why we're skint (Ashley again) and we have the big deal of European football, to look forward to well for the first prequalifying round anyway. They have a plan, which is on target and how it takes a long time to rebuild. It will all be the sympathy vote and jam tomorrow again. 

Selling the illusion, well it aint going to work this time, because if it does, we will deserve all that's coming our way and none of it good.

Not working at present coming up with the 500 plus for next season will be a struggle. Plans were in.place to renew but on the evidence yesterday the decision was made not to renew.

Not for boycotts but I can see why fans might not want to put their hard earned cash in and also for fans who may struggling week by week to go and see that shite on show.

On Sat Apr 29 2017 at 1:39 PM, one55 said:

fuck up. i can think of plenty of things that my £510 can be put to better use on than watching this shower of shite and supporting an incompetent board. any cunt who keeps handing money over to king is a fucking mug. 

Well fuck off then. You are neither wanted or needed in my opinion. Looking forward to welcoming you back when you are a Rangers supporter again

Not sure that's going to help. 

In fact it sounds like a good way to assist the sick dominating next season. 

We'd be better being proactive and coming together to come up with fundraising ideas and seeing if a fans coalition can contribute to bringing in new investment. 

5 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Well my self imposed delay until the last minute didn't last long, renewed all three this morning, fuck it, Rangers mean more to me than any of these self serving bastards will ever understand 

I went down to the ticket office and renewed mine today. I haven't decided about CCCS yet.